Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Coaching Changes: Garrett's Dirty Dozen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-4
Horton*
Capers*
John Pagano*

Crennel
Eric Mangini
Todd Grantham

*both unavailable right now.

4-3
Lovie Smith
Monte Kiffen
Rob Marinelli
Dave Wannstedt
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I find most people say they want to see the ball run more, but really donít.

Very, very, very few of us are of the old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust variety. And no, this isnít a call of machismo to see who is of the old ilk or not. Passing is exciting. Big plays are dynamic. Football, after all, is entertainment.

I would love to see a Ďboringí offense of Saban or Coach Boom because I truly believe itís the most effective. However, I know we are a passing league and I also know our skill set is that which allows us to expose opposing teams coverage.

For me, I want a play-caller not to design a variety of different plays. For while I do take issue with some situational decisions and play-calls, as a whole I donít like to lean on hindsight to vindicate my opinions, so I donít want a play caller for that reason per say. No, instead I want a play-caller to alleviate items from Redballs plate. There is such a thing as being spread too thin.

I think Redball would be inherently comfortable with Norv and he would trust him implicitly which would allow for Redballs focus to be more broad in scope.

Also. I donít agree with Matts premise that under contract means off-limits. It just means we have to ask for permission. Some teams may deny the request, thatís true, but as a whole I think teams would be copacetic to allowing it. I would not want to keep an employee Ė no matter how extraordinary Ė if it meant I am denying them a chance at a better (or dream) job. I think that would build ill will more than anything. I take coach Booms approach: If you are a positional coach and get offered a coordinator spot, go. If you are an assistant coach and get offered a head coaching gig, go. Never limit yourself and always grow.

Outlaw I think their is a resurgence in the running game in today's nfl. Look at the rookie qb's this season who made the playoffs. When Ballard took over in Indy it made it easier for Luck. Lynch was the transmission for the Hawks. Wilson's pistol set wouldn't have been so effective without Lynch. Same thing for RG3. Morris was the key on that team. (btw Morris has a lot of Emmitt in him)

Look at the Vikes with Peterson. Ponder had an up and down season yet behind Peterson they at least made the playoffs. Very few qb's can carry a team like Manning , Brady and Rodgers. Even Brees benefits from the threat of Thomas. Along with the resurgence in the running game having an acute playcaller in the mix helps exponentially. This is where Garrett is a HUGE fail.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles are interviewing Brian Kelly.

According to another site, Adam Schefter said the eagles are no longer interested in Lovie Smith.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jaguars Offense - TM - Jaguars

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms the Jaguars are "unlikely" to retain coach Mike Mularkey following Tuesday's hiring of David Caldwell as GM.
Schefter joins CBS' Jason La Canfora in predicting Mularkey's ouster. It's a matter of when, not if, Mularkey is handed his walking papers after going 2-14 during his first season in Jacksonville

Potential OC?
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms the Jaguars are "unlikely" to retain coach Mike Mularkey following Tuesday's hiring of David Caldwell as GM.
Schefter joins CBS' Jason La Canfora in predicting Mularkey's ouster. It's a matter of when, not if, Mularkey is handed his walking papers after going 2-14 during his first season in Jacksonville

Potential OC?

I would absolutely love it if we brought in Mularkey as the OC. His offense in Atlanta was balanced and fun to watch.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of lifeís problems.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

Potential OC?

They do know each other from their Miami Days...

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Outlaw I think their is a resurgence in the running game in today's nfl. Look at the rookie qb's this season who made the playoffs. When Ballard took over in Indy it made it easier for Luck. Lynch was the transmission for the Hawks. Wilson's pistol set wouldn't have been so effective without Lynch. Same thing for RG3. Morris was the key on that team. (btw Morris has a lot of Emmitt in him)

Look at the Vikes with Peterson. Ponder had an up and down season yet behind Peterson they at least made the playoffs. Very few qb's can carry a team like Manning , Brady and Rodgers. Even Brees benefits from the threat of Thomas. Along with the resurgence in the running game having an acute playcaller in the mix helps exponentially. This is where Garrett is a HUGE fail.

We disagree on several points, most notably the comparison of Morris and Smith.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is nothing happening?!?!?! Going crazy over here! Brick wall
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
3-4
Horton*
Capers*
John Pagano*

Crennel
Eric Mangini
Todd Grantham

*both unavailable right now.

4-3
Lovie Smith
Monte Kiffen
Rob Marinelli
Dave Wannstedt
Jim Washburn
Ken Norton Jr*

Multiple Fronts
Pepper Johnson

Added a few.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Eagles are interviewing Brian Kelly.

I read that. He'd be a great hire. I think Brian Kelly is one of the few college coaches who could transition to the NFL and have success.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

Potential OC?

I would absolutely love it if we brought in Mularkey as the OC. His offense in Atlanta was balanced and fun to watch.

Mularkey as OC would not suck.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="plan9misfit"]
htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

Potential OC?

Mularkey as OC would not suck.[/quote]

Mularkey wouldn't suck at all. It would be interesting to see how he and Jason would mesh. Of all the candidates being bandied about Mularkey would by my favorite.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Why is nothing happening?!?!?! Going crazy over here! Brick wall

I have a feeling they are waiting for someone in the playoffs.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I find most people say they want to see the ball run more, but really donít.

Very, very, very few of us are of the old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust variety. And no, this isnít a call of machismo to see who is of the old ilk or not. Passing is exciting. Big plays are dynamic. Football, after all, is entertainment.

I would love to see a Ďboringí offense of Saban or Coach Boom because I truly believe itís the most effective. However, I know we are a passing league and I also know our skill set is that which allows us to expose opposing teams coverage.

For me, I want a play-caller not to design a variety of different plays. For while I do take issue with some situational decisions and play-calls, as a whole I donít like to lean on hindsight to vindicate my opinions, so I donít want a play caller for that reason per say. No, instead I want a play-caller to alleviate items from Redballs plate. There is such a thing as being spread too thin.

I think Redball would be inherently comfortable with Norv and he would trust him implicitly which would allow for Redballs focus to be more broad in scope.

Also. I donít agree with Matts premise that under contract means off-limits. It just means we have to ask for permission. Some teams may deny the request, thatís true, but as a whole I think teams would be copacetic to allowing it. I would not want to keep an employee Ė no matter how extraordinary Ė if it meant I am denying them a chance at a better (or dream) job. I think that would build ill will more than anything. I take coach Booms approach: If you are a positional coach and get offered a coordinator spot, go. If you are an assistant coach and get offered a head coaching gig, go. Never limit yourself and always grow.

Mensa I would agree with your points that the run is making a comeback. I really don't care about passing league, running league, Coryell offense, West Coast offense. I think it boils down to are you properly utilizing the personnel you have? And I see #29 in our backfield and think there's a horse that we could ride a lot more than we are (his health has factored into the equation). When you have a back with that sort of ability you need to make sure he is a vital component of your offensive philosophy. I am not saying that we do nothing but run, run, and run. Just run a little more. Balance it out a bit.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:

Potential OC?

Mularkey as OC would not suck.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15470575#15470575

Officially fired today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 22 of 68

Jump to: