You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 May have Torn ACL/PCL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm a Redskins fan, I'm hoping Griffin doesn't feel pressured to play opening day. I remember the first time Davis tore his ACL, he rushed back too soon in training camp and immediately tore it again. I think people are being way too rash on saying he'll miss the season (he won't) but I'm not sure he'll be 100% come opening day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
Erin Henderson and Hines Ward play(ed) without ACL's. RG3 is just soft.

(sarcasm)
DeJuan Blair doesn't have either ACL! Shocked I don't get how he plays bball on those knees at all

If you lose your ACL when you're young, your body will learn to compensate for not having it.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estimates have varied wildly so far and it will likely be a long while before we have any concrete idea about when Griffin will be ready. In a statement released via the Redskins, Dr. James Andrews, who performed the surgery, said that they’re shooting for September.

Andrews: “Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody’s hope and belief that due to Robert’s high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season. The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/dr-andrews-hopes-and-believes-rg3-will-be-ready-for-season/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
Erin Henderson and Hines Ward play(ed) without ACL's. RG3 is just soft.

(sarcasm)
DeJuan Blair doesn't have either ACL! Shocked I don't get how he plays bball on those knees at all

If you lose your ACL when you're young, your body will learn to compensate for not having it.
ahh thanks! Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
If I'm a Redskins fan, I'm hoping Griffin doesn't feel pressured to play opening day. I remember the first time Davis tore his ACL, he rushed back too soon in training camp and immediately tore it again. I think people are being way too rash on saying he'll miss the season (he won't) but I'm not sure he'll be 100% come opening day.
i hear ya buddy. It's why I hope that they out him not he PUP list when camp starts and only bring him off it when he's 100% and ready to be on the active roster.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he tore his ACL.. IIRC Derrick Rose didn't have surgery

after a couple months later. Just to reduce the massive swelling,

Either that or RG is a freak of nature. Fletcher has had 2 reconstructed ACL's these past 2 years, He came back fine.

Everything points to RG playing in 2013? The question being will he be at 100%

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Either that or RG is a freak of nature. Fletcher has had 2 reconstructed ACL's these past 2 years, He came back fine.

Both of his were in the beginning of the year tho. He had a full year to come back pretty much. RG3 wont. I just hope he doesnt rush back and injur it even worse

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Andrews says rg3 will be 100% to start 2013 season. Hes the best in the business so no point of speculating.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Dr.Andrews says rg3 will be 100% to start 2013 season. Hes the best in the business so no point of speculating.

not a chance. The spin dr's are working hard. If he plays in 2013, he will be risking his career.
nixa37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

That's not what he said, unless you're looking at a different statement than I am.
Quote:
We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

He says that he expects a full recovery, but doesn't mention when that can be expected. He also says nothing about week 1 or the start of the 2013 season, just that he will be ready for the 2013 season. That could simply mean ready by week 10 of the 2013 season.

I also think his choice of phrasing is interesting in not singling himself out and not saying simply that it is their belief, but their HOPE and belief. Perhaps I'm just reading too much into this, but I think Andrews left himself enough wiggle room in those words where he could think it is unlikely Griffin comes back this season, but still not feel that the statement is really a lie.
nixa37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

not a chance. The spin dr's are working hard. If he plays in 2013, he will be risking his career.

Those spin doctors are pretty good at their job. Andrews doesn't necessarily have to think there is more than a minimal chance Griffin could take a snap this year, but the statement he made still wouldn't really be a lie. Yet it still convinced at least 1 person that Andrews was saying Griffin would be 100% to start the season.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Yeah he did

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm that's odd. People usually wait after the inflammation subsides.

Either way you have to take whatever Andrews says with a grain of salt.

He is an employee by the Washington Redskins. Of course he's going to say great things.

That way people buy season tickets and what not. Do you think If he would have said, RG is done for the year and won't be ready till the 2014 season, people would have been stoked? Of course not. No body is gonna line up and pay good money to watch Cousins.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

uh no... he never said that at all -

Andrews: “Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody’s hope and belief that due to Robert’s high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season. The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career.”

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully RGIII and the Redskins dont push him into the starting lineup too soon. Not everyone is a freak like AD.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: