Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D Hall wants to stay ..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
He had a great tackle on Lynch's TD run

Lets not forget him shutting down Mr Bryant and with that said if we decided to play him like that against any other team in the division or league I don't see why Hall couldn't perform just as well.
dud Bryant play yesterday?

That's in the past. He has consistency issues. Always has, they were on display yesterday.

If he takes a 1/2 pay cut to stay it might be worth it, then we can sign Dashon Goldson to cover up for him when he makes his 5-10 blown coverages a game

Didn't get to see the game so I can't comment on his play against the Seahakws.
overall, it wasn't horrible but I always see Hall not making the game clinching or clutch plays this team needs to win and you need your vets who get paid the most and the leaders of your team to make those plays. Is he talented? yes

He's one of the most talented DBs in the NFL but he has lapses in concentration at the most crucial times and costs us games. His mistakes often times more mental mistakes and effort, than physical because he can physically do everything on the football field.

It's almost like a Haynesworth situation but DHall isn't quite that much of a malcontent but on the field, yeah that's what I see out of Hall. I see Haynesworth... Sometimes...

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot get a #1 corner for 4MM - let's try to be realistic. You cannot get a second corner for that on the FA market.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for keeping DHall. Look, he played well down the stretch when he started to play like a CB and not take so many chances.

If he can move to a slot CB more this coming season with another CB playing the coverage areas like Charles Woodson has, he could be more valuable to our team in that kind of a role.

It is imperative that we draft a S this year. Not overspend for one in free agency. There is SO much talent at the S position this year in the draft, that we would be fools not to draft one early. There should be one at the 2nd round that can make an impact.

But this is predicated that DHall will take a paycut. 8.3 million is a hard pill to swallow when you are trying to improve a team and try to keep a guy with the DHalls ability with a cap hit coming against us this year as well thanks to John Mara.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
You cannot get a #1 corner for 4MM - let's try to be realistic. You cannot get a second corner for that on the FA market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4229/josh-wilson

He may not be a #1 cb, but he's a decent #2 and more consistent overall than Hall... What's his contract look like footy29 Confused

Oh, oh, me i know, I know, pick me! 3.9 million. That's right Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping Hall stays with the 'Skins... kind of liking the rivalry he and Dez are starting to build.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Maattheeew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Hall after how he finished the year would be asinine. Especially after seeing he's willing to restructure. You do NOT make a poor secondary better by telling the best you got to kick rocks.

Comparing him to Haynesworth? You serious? Smh...
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maattheeew wrote:
Cutting Hall after how he finished the year would be asinine. Especially after seeing he's willing to restructure. You do NOT make a poor secondary better by telling the best you got to kick rocks.

Agreed. This is the kind of guy you want to keep, someone who's committed enough to the team to take a pay cut.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Maattheeew wrote:

Agreed. This is the kind of guy you want to keep, someone who's committed enough to the team to take a pay cut.
did you guys see how wide open Rice was on a few plays? if it wasn't for Wilson just missing it, the Seahawks would have had a couple of bombs on hall for TDs.

He's wildly inconsistent, just like Haynesworth was. always looking for the splash play or sportscenter play instead of just doing his job the way Hayesworth was. Hall will have a few good plays, then a few lapses and bad plays. He'll have a few good games then a few bad ones. That's why he's like Haynesworth was. But like Hayesworth was, Hall has all pro top 5 talent but doesn't always focus on what he's supposed to do and he freelances way too much.

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Maattheeew wrote:

did you guys see how wide open Rice was on a few plays? if it wasn't for Wilson just missing it, the Seahawks would have had a couple of bombs on hall for TDs.

He's wildly inconsistent, just like Haynesworth was. always looking for the splash play or sportscenter play instead of just doing his job the way Hayesworth was. Hall will have a few good plays, then a few lapses and bad plays. He'll have a few good games then a few bad ones. That's why he's like Haynesworth was. But like Hayesworth was, Hall has all pro top 5 talent but doesn't always focus on what he's supposed to do and he freelances way too much.

You can't compare hall to hayneworth lol. One is lazy and greedy and doesn't try. The other is complete opposite .

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Maattheeew wrote:

You can't compare hall to hayneworth lol. One is lazy and greedy and doesn't try. The other is complete opposite .
I'm not comparing that. I'm comparing their lack of focus on the field at times and that's it. No doubt that DHall is a better human being, less lazy and less selfish than Haynesworth. His cap hit is a major problem though for this team moving forward. We need him to play the way he played vs Dallas and Bryant in week 17 every week but he doesn't. He has lapses in focus/concentration on the field ala Haynesworth. He passes wrs off too early to safeties because he wants to jump underneath routes. He's done these things since he came into the league. Maybe some of you can deal with his 50/50 coverage trash talking and berating officials but I'm tired of it.

Sign Keenan Lewis to a salary in between his and Wilson's and draft a CB in round 2 or 3 to develop.

I read Chase Minifield is feeling great after his knee surgery and its only been
7 months since his surgery. Maybe he ca give us something. Possibly Cedric Griffin will be back to compete for a spot also and we have Crawford who played well as our #3/4 cb on our win streak.

bowilson11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one would love to keep Hall on the roster. Personally, I would like to move Hall to FS. I feel he has the range and speed to play the position. Like it was mention earlier Hall is a very good tackler also and has good hands when he get to the ball. Look what that move did for Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson's careers. We can draft a CB in the second or third round and look to Free Agency also. Hall is a little over the top at times with his attitdue, but I feel he's a viable option at FS. I say if he's willing to take a pay cut and move to FS then we keep him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's kept, I hope he's more consistent.

footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Agreed, however it's important to consider that he has been more consistent than Josh Wilson this year, and a more talented player. If DeAngelo plays like he did the last 5-6 weeks, he's a top 10-15 corner.

We may get frustrated with him, as we have with Orakpo for lack of sack production, but compared to their peers they are clearly very good players. Give Hall another year under Morris and we may see a more consistent player.

Hall and Wilson need a FS with good range and understanding of angles. The issues with this team lie in the backend. Let's fix that, not worry about Hall.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Agreed, however it's important to consider that he has been more consistent than Josh Wilson this year, and a more talented player. If DeAngelo plays like he did the last 5-6 weeks, he's a top 10-15 corner.

We may get frustrated with him, as we have with Orakpo for lack of sack production, but compared to their peers they are clearly very good players. Give Hall another year under Morris and we may see a more consistent player.

Hall and Wilson need a FS with good range and understanding of angles. The issues with this team lie in the backend. Let's fix that, not worry about Hall.
no doubt but he'll also be making twice the money that Wilson is slated to make and be has much more god given talent. I expect him to play better. Wilson is a still a more consistent cover corner than Hall.

I'm not too frustrated with Orakpo, every year he's been healthy he's been our top sack producer.

We'll see what Raheem Morris can do, he and Hasslet certainly had the secondary playing better as a unit the last 6 weeks. Maybe Raheem can pull off a miracle and have Hall focused all next year. We'll see if Hall is back and how well he does if he's back. I personally don't trust either man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: