Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Te'O at 17: For or Against?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Te'O at 17
For
78%
 78%  [ 32 ]
Against
21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 41

SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Agree, not a Minter fan. He has some good potentials but one have to say, his ceiling is much lower than Te'o and the inside linebacker positions is getting really thin due to no true separation between one guy to next but if Te'o is gone, I think I'm okay with the idea of having Chase Thomas in 1st round. The talent suggest he is a 1st rounder within right system.

Chase Thomas is my sleeper first round pick as he has ILB/OLB potential probably more than Timmons.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Excellent post Blaqoptic. What confuses me is Timmons/Foote bashers prefer this guy! Minter is better to me and he will change some minds during combine.

I just see Te'os ceiling as a All Pro ILB, but the floor currently what L. Foote is now. I guess I can handle a player of Footes caliber next to Timmons for 5-7 yrs.
I'd agree with that as well. He's already solid and I think will excel in either scheme tbh. I've never quite seen him as a top 10 pick but people put him there. I think its more likely he's drafted in the teens.

Manti Te'o is a very good ILB and would be a welcomed addition to that Steelers LB corp. While Te'o struggles against power run teams he still makes plays. The biggest negative the entire time I've watched Te'o is that he gets in the backfield quite frequently but dives grabbing at a players lower legs. Sometimes he has to make a play that way because of how he was blocked. But there were times when he could of easily met the runner in the backfield head on.

If drafted by the Steelers some of his deficiencies could be corrected with quality LB coaching.

If Manti Te'o is available @ #17 he should be the pick unless someone from the Top 10 falls. Joeckel, Lotulelei, Moore or Werner would be the only real players I'd take over Manti Te'o.

Kevin Minter is a good player but I wouldn't say he's Manti Te'os equal.
i totally agree and was going to say the steelers have one of the best lb coaches in the nfl, he can he coached up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
If drafted by the Steelers some of his deficiencies could be corrected with quality LB coaching.
Has any of Stevenson Sylvester deficiencies been corrected? If you wanna correct some deficiencies then pick up the phone and call Kevin Greene, Teo doesnt fit the scheme although I wouldnt mind the pick. You dont draft a player in the 1st round in hopes to tweet his ability to become the player you need, they should already be there.

*If your taken in the 1st rd means you earn the right to enter the NFL and all it stands for.
*Rounds 2-3 means you just got drafted, thats all, just drafted, your not in the league yet, so go prove yourself.
*Rounds 4-5 are players who need tweeting and must submit to an orientation done by Nancy Reagon & Dr James Andrews
*Rounds 6-7 are players who GMs (hope) become something between rd 1-5, without the orientation.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Has any of Stevenson Sylvester deficiencies been corrected? If you wanna correct some deficiencies then pick up the phone and call Kevin Greene, Teo doesnt fit the scheme although I wouldnt mind the pick. You dont draft a player in the 1st round in hopes to tweet his ability to become the player you need, they should already be there.

*If your taken in the 1st rd means you earn the right to enter the NFL and all it stands for.
*Rounds 2-3 means you just got drafted, thats all, just drafted, your not in the league yet, so go prove yourself.
*Rounds 4-5 are players who need tweeting and must submit to an orientation done by Nancy Reagon & Dr James Andrews
*Rounds 6-7 are players who GMs (hope) become something between rd 1-5, without the orientation.
aren't almost all lbs in college playing in a 4-3 scheme whether they are a 4-3 DE or or 4-3 mlb, slb or wlb. So don't almost all of them need to be tweaked and coached up into a 3-4 scheme?

No one does that better than the Pittsburgh steelers since they've run the 3-4 scheme

Also, I think Sylvester's problem is Sylvester. Frankly, he's just not that great. Tbh. Saying that Te'o can't be a great 3-4 Ilb because Sylvester couldn't be improved is an unbelievable comment and comparison! Shocked

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Woodley style wasn't tweaked, A. Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Timmons, Harrison there are many defensive players that had to tweaked their styles to fit the Steelers mold.

I'm talking about hand placement, understanding a players tendencies. I mean if Timmons can evolve then so can Te'o if drafted.

Last edited by SteelProven on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right, Steelproven.

short-term for me, Te'o>Chase Thomas but for long-term, Chase Thomas could be better. Te'o is probably also one of most pro-ready LB so if we let Foote walks, this will help but if we are keeping Foote, I'd rather trade down a bit, but not too far down to miss out on either Jesse Williams or Chase Thomas.

Chase Thomas, Jesse Williams, Eddie Lacy, Keenan Allen, Chase Warmack, and Shamarko Thomas all are 1st round candidates (my perception at least) that fits in just perfectly within our system but some needs are greater than others.

I have Chase Thomas and Jesse Williams ahead of others but primarily Jesse Williams.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Your right, Steelproven.

short-term for me, Te'o>Chase Thomas but for long-term, Chase Thomas could be better. Te'o is probably also one of most pro-ready LB so if we let Foote walks, this will help but if we are keeping Foote, I'd rather trade down a bit, but not too far down to miss out on either Jesse Williams or Chase Thomas.

Chase Thomas, Jesse Williams, Eddie Lacy, Keenan Allen, Chase Warmack, and Shamarko Thomas all are 1st round candidates (my perception at least) that fits in just perfectly within our system but some needs are greater than others.

I have Chase Thomas and Jesse Williams ahead of others but primarily Jesse Williams.

In the beginning I thought there wasn't enough talent, but now there will be quite a few players available at #17. Jesse Williams being probably the best of the bunch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Your right, Steelproven.

no safeties like Vaccaro or Elam? Do you think Polumalu can stay healthy and Clark can play forever?

Do you have trust in Mundy and Golden to be starters? I frankly don't.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:
Your right, Steelproven.

no safeties like Vaccaro or Elam? Do you think Polumalu can stay healthy and Clark can play forever?

I don't see all the hoopla about Vaccaro honestly. I like Elam, but don't know if he's a SS. Swearinger, Shamarko and McDonald are the only SS I see that I would like in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:
Your right, Steelproven.

I don't see all the hoopla about Vaccaro honestly. I like Elam, but don't know if he's a SS. Swearinger, Shamarko and McDonald are the only SS I see that I would like in the draft.
Elam can play anywhere. He's tenacious. He plays like Bob Sanders.

Swearinger has always played FS at South Carolina, he has good size and he could do either.(late 2, or 3) Same with Rambo. The same can be said for McDonald (round 2). Shamarko Thomas is likely a late 3rd or 4th, from what I've seen and heard he's strictly a SS prospect and isn't great in coverage. The same can be said it Shaun Willaims from Georgia.

Don't forget about Phillip Thomas or Robert Lester they are pretty much cemented in that late 2nd or 3rd round area and have the size to play SS and versatility with good coverage to play FS.

Tony Jefferson, Eric Reid are FS's (rnd 2/3) Josh Evans from Florida seems like a 3rd or 4th round pick that will be a FS only type. He will be playing in the east west shrine game.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying work it out so me and my 8 month old son can go to the draft. Im not sure I want Teo just for leadership qualities he needs to make an impact. We have to get an impact player on that defense.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Elam. I like Swearinger. I think Jesse Williams does more for the team than either of those guys right off the bat, but we have no idea what we';ll be doing at NT next season. We have 2 guys who are completely unknown (Fangupo and Ta'amu) and a pair of guys who are interior pass rushers with no anchor (Ziggy and McClendon)

honestly, my mind just can't wrap itself around what's going on with the team right now.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
I like Elam. I like Swearinger. I think Jesse Williams does more for the team than either of those guys right off the bat, but we have no idea what we';ll be doing at NT next season. We have 2 guys who are completely unknown (Fangupo and Ta'amu) and a pair of guys who are interior pass rushers with no anchor (Ziggy and McClendon)

honestly, my mind just can't wrap itself around what's going on with the team right now.
players are old, it's called transition. It will be going on for a few years till thy reload.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

players are old, it's called transition. It will be going on for a few years till thy reload.

yes, and we need to look squarely at our defensive coordinator on that issue. It shouldn't take "a few years" when we are bringing the talent in early. Instead of dogmatically forcing the players to fit into specific roles without yield, make adjustments to suit the player's skillsets, and then get them on the field, if for no reason other than to take a load off the vets. Perhaps the older guys wouldn't go through the injury cycle so consistently if they got to take a breather now and again, and magically, our young guys wouldn't take so long to develop since they actually get a little bit of gametime.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

yes, and we need to look squarely at our defensive coordinator on that issue. It shouldn't take "a few years" when we are bringing the talent in early. Instead of dogmatically forcing the players to fit into specific roles without yield, make adjustments to suit the player's skillsets, and then get them on the field, if for no reason other than to take a load off the vets. Perhaps the older guys wouldn't go through the injury cycle so consistently if they got to take a breather now and again, and magically, our young guys wouldn't take so long to develop since they actually get a little bit of gametime.
I disagree the team has some talented young players who are learning their roles and has some of the best defensive coaches in the history of the game. They know what thy are doing. I trust them, this D is constantly top 5 in the nfl, that doesn't just happen.

As far as the injuries go, starters start and play almost every snap for every team in the nfl except on sub packages. You don't take a healthy starter out unless he needs it rest, they play.

I long for the day when Lebeau retires and this D suffers and everyone will realize what they missed. What Lebeau did despite all the injuries to the defense and guys coming off serious injuries from last year to be #1 in the nfl in yds, and 6th in scoring is nothing short of a miracle and one of his best coaching jobs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/58402/steelers-defense-ranked-no-1-in-nfl

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2012&seasonType=REG&Submit=Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: