Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Te'O at 17: For or Against?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Te'O at 17
For
78%
 78%  [ 32 ]
Against
21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 41

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I have watched a lot of ND football this year just because I'm forced to because I'm in Indiana. I've seen him play a lot but Te'o has some holes in his game and is close to being at his ceiling. He is good at reading a play quickly. And can drop into zone coverage. He takes bad angles sometimes as many saw last night. He has not done well if asked to play man coverage.

I still think someone will take him based on his press clippings before the Steelers pick. I still think he will be a fine NFL player. What he is not is close to Willis or Urlacher or Kuechly. If the Steelers take him I will not cry but I would rather have a pass rusher if there is one there.
Yeah, I think he's more like a Farrior or London Fletcher. A great Lb but one who does it more with smarts rather than with being the most physically gifted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
I have watched a lot of ND football this year just because I'm forced to because I'm in Indiana. I've seen him play a lot but Te'o has some holes in his game and is close to being at his ceiling. He is good at reading a play quickly. And can drop into zone coverage. He takes bad angles sometimes as many saw last night. He has not done well if asked to play man coverage.

I still think someone will take him based on his press clippings before the Steelers pick. I still think he will be a fine NFL player. What he is not is close to Willis or Urlacher or Kuechly. If the Steelers take him I will not cry but I would rather have a pass rusher if there is one there.
Yeah, I think he's more like a Farrior or London Fletcher. A great Lb but one who does it more with smarts rather than with being the most physically gifted

I think he is really a 4-3 Mike and that is all he will be. Farrior and Fletcher can run and cover in man. Te'o can not.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest positive with Ansah is that he'll be stout against the run, but is easily block during the pass. The Steelers need a pass rusher not another run defender. The Steelers need a defensive player that strikes fear in the offense and I don't see anything in Ansah that shows he can be that player.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I think he is really a 4-3 Mike and that is all he will be. Farrior and Fletcher can run and cover in man. Te'o can not.
Possibly, but there needs to be a strong run defender amongst the 3-4 ILB's also, maybe that's where Te'o Fits and Timmons is the one more responsible for the coverage. Coverage for LBs is something that can be improved upon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
The biggest positive with Ansah is that he'll be stout against the run, but is easily block during the pass. The Steelers need a pass rusher not another run defender. The Steelers need a defensive player that strikes fear in the offense and I don't see anything in Ansah that shows he can be that player.

Watch him here vs ND. takes on double teams all the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I've watched the game and he had some moments but nothing that screams pass rusher.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
jebrick wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I've watched the game and he had some moments but nothing that screams pass rusher.

I don't see a huge difference between Jordan, Mingo and Ansah and it can be argued Ansah has the most potential of them all. I haven't personally watched a great deal of any of them but this is just based off the numerous scouting reports I've read on all the prospects

props to dawg24
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, and I said this before the title game... Analyst can talk about being around the ball all they want but you see how quickly it went from "being around the ball" to "in the right place at the right time." last night? It's because the latter was always true. Intercepting a tipped pass doesn't make you the next Ray Lewis. And Collegiate tackle numbers are never impressive but his weren't even impressive by collegiate standards. The National Title Game just confirmed what I've believed all along. Overrated and media driven hype as they just wanted to have an endurable and likeable defender. The rest I wont say because it's against the ToS.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post Blaqoptic. What confuses me is Timmons/Foote bashers prefer this guy! Minter is better to me and he will change some minds during combine.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Excellent post Blaqoptic. What confuses me is Timmons/Foote bashers prefer this guy! Minter is better to me and he will change some minds during combine.

I just see Te'os ceiling as a All Pro ILB, but the floor currently what L. Foote is now. I guess I can handle a player of Footes caliber next to Timmons for 5-7 yrs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he'll fall that far.
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not quite the prospect Keuchly was, so there's the possibility he lasts 8 more spots. (Comparison made just to provide reference where the top rated ILB went last year)

But, I think he will be a very productive pro, especially if he gets to play in a 3-4 system.

If the top flight pass rushers and tackles are all off the board, he makes as much sense as anyone else at 17.

In this class, after a very few prospects, the talent level is essentially equivalent. Discussions like Rhodes vs. Teo vs. Montgomery vs Allen etc. will come down to positional preference as they all essentially fall into the same tier talent wise.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I just see Te'os ceiling as a All Pro ILB, but the floor currently what L. Foote is now. I guess I can handle a player of Footes caliber next to Timmons for 5-7 yrs.
I'd agree with that as well. He's already solid and I think will excel in either scheme tbh. I've never quite seen him as a top 10 pick but people put him there. I think its more likely he's drafted in the teens.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I'd agree with that as well. He's already solid and I think will excel in either scheme tbh. I've never quite seen him as a top 10 pick but people put him there. I think its more likely he's drafted in the teens.

Manti Te'o is a very good ILB and would be a welcomed addition to that Steelers LB corp. While Te'o struggles against power run teams he still makes plays. The biggest negative the entire time I've watched Te'o is that he gets in the backfield quite frequently but dives grabbing at a players lower legs. Sometimes he has to make a play that way because of how he was blocked. But there were times when he could of easily met the runner in the backfield head on.

If drafted by the Steelers some of his deficiencies could be corrected with quality LB coaching.

If Manti Te'o is available @ #17 he should be the pick unless someone from the Top 10 falls. Joeckel, Lotulelei, Moore or Werner would be the only real players I'd take over Manti Te'o.

Kevin Minter is a good player but I wouldn't say he's Manti Te'os equal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, not a Minter fan. He has some good potentials but one have to say, his ceiling is much lower than Te'o and the inside linebacker positions is getting really thin due to no true separation between one guy to next but if Te'o is gone, I think I'm okay with the idea of having Chase Thomas in 1st round. The talent suggest he is a 1st rounder within right system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: