Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Te'O at 17: For or Against?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Te'O at 17
For
78%
 78%  [ 32 ]
Against
21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 41

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Te'O at 17: For or Against? Reply with quote

If he is there at 17 would you be for or against the Steelers taking him.

I don't claim to know what all you NFL scouts know Wink..... and that is why I come to all of you with these questions.

Most believe he will go higher than he should in the draft but if he is there....

IDK about his potential but he seems like a high character leader that would be nice to have.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ok with it. I really want someone who can make big splash plays since we only have an old Troy, but a fiery leader would be very helpful as well.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BINGO!

A high character leader. I love Ben and Troy but they arent vocal natural "leaders" as a Hines, Porter, Farrior. I think we lost focus down the stretch and the lack of leadership hurt us. I think he is a great compliment to Timmons as we all know. I want an OLB in round 1 (Jones, Moore, Jordan) all might be pipe dreams but if Te'o is there at 17 and those OLBs are gone Id be thrilled to land him. Very humble, down to earth, hard working young man who would fit in very nice with this organization.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a big yes.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on who is on the board. The same question could be asked about Chance Warmack. I would normally say no but if all the defensive playmakers are off the board and at least 2 or 3 OTs are gone...maybe.

If Montgomery is on the board then no. I take the pass rusher. If Joeckel or Mathews is on the board I would take one of them. Do I think I can get Minter or Alec Ogletree in the 2nd?

So I'm not in love with Te'o. Probably because I've watched him a lot this year.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!!!! Of course, he is a great vocal and I believe spiritual leader maybe not on a Ray Lewis level but at least like a London Fletcher level. He's a great ILB, I don't believe he'll be there, but I'd take him for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you feel about Frilly toothpicks?*

IM FOR IT.

I like the idea of having him next to Timmons for the next so many years. I dont know as much as some other guys on here regarding prospects, but him in black and gold is something i have wanted. I like watching him play.

I just feel that Teo and LT make a good compliment to each other. Solid player, great leader.

*Props to anyone who gets frilly toothpicks reference.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with it based on who is available. At the very least, it'll be a player I like, and I can't argue with that. Sure, I'd rather draft minter in the 2nd but he probably won't be there.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
I'm fine with it based on who is available. At the very least, it'll be a player I like, and I can't argue with that. Sure, I'd rather draft minter in the 2nd but he probably won't be there.

We definitely need a leader on our defense, and Te'o would be a great fit. But it doesn't take away from the fact we'll still need a great pass-rusher. Does that mean we go ILB and OLB 1 and 2? Then safety 3. Then we still need a WR, QB, TE, Lineman, RB. Not sure we can afford to do that. But probably me just spewing out nonsense again lol. I'd be very happy with it, if we got a OLB in FA, just don't see one I'd be thrilled with besides Kruger who's gonna be costly.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if Banks, Minter, Millner (sp), Ansah, Reid are gone, would I take him. As a Rookie, he is going to have to get in line and prove himself before he gets a chance to 'lead'. I look forward to him going against Warford Cool

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minter is overrated. Pass-rusher is needed but would be pointless if we don't fix ilb position first. We must have an inside linebacker who can do it all and stay on field during no-huddle.

Te'o is everything we need right now, great complimentary to Timmons. I have noticed many seem to think we ought to get a run-stuffer linebacker but with today's increase of aerial attack, is that really necessarily?

I want me a Chad Brown 2.0!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Minter overrated?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Only if Banks, Minter, Millner (sp), Ansah, Reid are gone, would I take him. As a Rookie, he is going to have to get in line and prove himself before he gets a chance to 'lead'. I look forward to him going against Warford Cool

I don't see Minter being worth the 17th overall selection.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I don't see Minter being worth the 17th overall selection.

Neither do I and I'm a fan of Minter...in the early 2nd round.

I fear the Steelers will look at Ogletree at 17.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a perfect compliment for Timmons, He's a high-character player, non-stop motor, a leader in all fashions...

Would there really be any debate? I personally think he should be our #1 target. I don't feel there is anyone in this draft we would need more than him. In terms of skills, need and overall potential; I feel Te'O being our #1 pick would make this entire class worthwhile, even if the rest of the class we draft is nothing more than average.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: