You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Te'O at 17: For or Against?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Te'O at 17
For
78%
 78%  [ 32 ]
Against
21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 41

jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix has looked good. Watch Jessie Williams on that Bama front. THat shot of him tossin off the double team was impressive.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T'eo is exactly what I thought he was...athletically challenged and looks weak at the POA going against NFL caliber OL. Minter is way stronger at POA.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motta looks way too slower to be a safety. And ND's PR doing his best Stefan Logan impression!! Laughing Still, love to see all the nfl draft prospects in one game!!
popie70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way he looks I would be more inclined to take Skov from Stanford who would hopefully be available in the 2nd round
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
The way he looks I would be more inclined to take Skov from Stanford who would hopefully be available in the 2nd round

He might be difficult to get since he's going back to school! Definitely someone to consider next year though!
popie70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops...who's the worst? this guy
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
T'eo is exactly what I thought he was...athletically challenged and looks weak at the POA going against NFL caliber OL. Minter is way stronger at POA.

Te'o has been retreating and reacting all game. It's hard for any ILB to continually shed 300 Lb OL then make tackles. The Irish are letting Alabama dictate what they do on defense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Eifert in the 1rst before i would take TEo......The Steelers will take the best available at #17 and this year they have many needs.....My pick: WR C. Patterson once Wallace leaves, n S Matt Elam round 2.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHIFFFFFFFFFFFF
popie70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just missed that 3rd down tackle against Yeldon....speaking of guys..I know he is a freshman but he looks like a good RB
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Te'o has been retreating and reacting all game. It's hard for any ILB to continually shed 300 Lb OL then make tackles. The Irish are letting Alabama dictate what they do on defense.

Ummm, isn't that what an ILB in a 34 scheme does? Stack, shed, and locate the ballcarrier and make the tackle. In his biggest game, he looks like crap.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popie70 wrote:
Just missed that 3rd down tackle against Yeldon....speaking of guys..I know he is a freshman but he looks like a good RB

I am going to catch heat for this but Yeldon favorably compares to Adriaaaan and the guy from Dallas #29.

Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok yeah, Minter in 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Ummm, isn't that what an ILB in a 34 scheme does? Stack, shed, and locate the ballcarrier and make the tackle. In his biggest game, he looks like crap.

Per Keith Butler after drafting Sean Spence. Just saying!

Quote:
The buck linebacker has to be a little bit bigger and take on the guards more. We cover our linebackers up pretty good. What I mean by that is, we let them scrape and run to football a little bit more instead of coming downhill and taking on isos. The day of the iso with the middle linebacker is almost gone. Everybody is using tight ends as fullbacks and sometimes they use them when trying to lead and sometimes they dont. A lot of stuff today is mis-direction and trying to fool you or out-number you one way and then give you a different look coming back the other way. A lot of that requires the ability to read from the linebackers now-a-days, not so much to get down and stuff a hole. Sometimes you have to do it on the goal line when you have to take on a big running back, but were taking on Ray Rice, were not taking on Jerome Bettis anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Per Keith Butler after drafting Sean Spence. Just saying!

Quote:
The buck linebacker has to be a little bit bigger and take on the guards more. We cover our linebackers up pretty good. What I mean by that is, we let them scrape and run to football a little bit more instead of coming downhill and taking on isos. The day of the iso with the middle linebacker is almost gone. Everybody is using tight ends as fullbacks and sometimes they use them when trying to lead and sometimes they dont. A lot of stuff today is mis-direction and trying to fool you or out-number you one way and then give you a different look coming back the other way. A lot of that requires the ability to read from the linebackers now-a-days, not so much to get down and stuff a hole. Sometimes you have to do it on the goal line when you have to take on a big running back, but were taking on Ray Rice, were not taking on Jerome Bettis anymore.

I understand what you are implying. Te'o just looks timid and he is thinking too much due to missed tackles. Regardless of playing the Buck or Mack, he still must defeat the blocks of NFL quality opponents.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: