Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypocrisy Storm Surge - Cutler and RGIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Reports making the rounds on twitter that RGIII has torn ACL & PCL.

But hey, it's okay - he toughed it out and that's all that matters.

Laughing

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Kyle Shanahan is hired as the new HC, Phil Emery should be fired immediately. This is absolutely disgusting, this wonderful human being would have left Jay Cutler in w/a torn MCL 2 years ago. Would have let Brian play w/ a torn hamstring. Its a joke these guys are even allowed to keep their jobs, if the NFL doesn't investigate the way they've handled his injuries, its a crock and anything about player safety is just noise.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
if Kyle Shanahan is hired as the new HC, Phil Emery should be fired immediately. This is absolutely disgusting, this wonderful human being would have left Jay Cutler in w/a torn MCL 2 years ago. Would have let Brian play w/ a torn hamstring. Its a joke these guys are even allowed to keep their jobs, if the NFL doesn't investigate the way they've handled his injuries, its a crock and anything about player safety is just noise.

To be fair to Kyle - Daddy Shanahan makes the call on who plays.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Kyle is the OC who did absolutely nothing w/ the playcalling to protect the teams best player.

Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
I said that because I once watched it too on a streaming site so it's not necessarily cause of that even tho idk why British people would watch.
b/c its a global game, or were you under a rock for the past 10 years while the NFL has been sending teams to London every year, and there's been talk of London getting a franchise.

No I been aware of the dumb idea of sending teams to the UK to play. It's idiotic & there'll never be a team in the UK, it makes NO sense. Same for the NBA. There'll be a NFL team in Canada before the UK.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
I said that because I once watched it too on a streaming site so it's not necessarily cause of that even tho idk why British people would watch.
b/c its a global game, or were you under a rock for the past 10 years while the NFL has been sending teams to London every year, and there's been talk of London getting a franchise.

No I been aware of the dumb idea of sending teams to the UK to play. It's idiotic & there'll never be a team in the UK, it makes NO sense. Same for the NBA. There'll be a NFL team in Canada before the UK.

And now I recall why I stayed away from FF for about 2 years.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Kyle is the OC who did absolutely nothing w/ the playcalling to protect the teams best player.

RGIII blew his knee out on a dropped snap. How do you play call around that? He shouldn't have been out there to begin with.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

RGIII blew his knee out on a dropped snap. How do you play call around that? He shouldn't have been out there to begin with.
Well this goes back before the dropped snap, RG3 reagrivated the injury on a rollout, A ROLLOUT a guy who clearly was not able to move at close to 100% and you are taking him out of the pocket. They were still calling zone-read runs. He only called 3 runs in the ENTIRE 3RD QUARTER for a QB who was clearly playing on 1 leg.

Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's unfair, RG3 is such a humble & seemingly nice guy. I don't feel Wilson & Seahawks deserved to advance.

But RG3 & Luck were unfortunately behind bad O Lines I feel.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
I think it's unfair, RG3 is such a humble & seemingly nice guy. I don't feel Wilson & Seahawks deserved to advance.

That redskins OL is pretty damn good, better than the Seattle OL that's for sure. RG3 was unfortunately drafted by a coach who is looking to squeeze everything out of him in a couple years to get to a SuperBowl and then ride off into the Sunset.

Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

That redskins OL is pretty damn good, better than the Seattle OL that's for sure. RG3 was unfortunately drafted by a coach who is looking to squeeze everything out of him in a couple years to get to a SuperBowl and then ride off into the Sunset.

But isn't like 2 of the guys from their O Line in the Pro Bowl?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

But isn't like 2 of the guys from their O Line in the Pro Bowl?
2 guys does not an OL make. Okung and Max Unger are both very good at their respective position, Trent Williams is the starting ProBowl LT for the NFC, and the other 4 guys are perfect fits in the ZBS scheme the Skins run.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now RGIII has a torn ACL and LCL and is facing possible exploratory surgery and/or reconstructive surgery, and I would figure his rehab is probably going to cut into his offseason program his second year in the league.

Playoffs or not, being a gladiator and destroying your body like that isn't always worth it long-term.
abdi7451

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
The biggest issue is people think Cutler took himself out of the game, they see him riding the bike and say well if he's riding the bike why can't he go back in. They don't realize him riding the bike was trying to get the knee loose enough to stay in the game. That the coaches pulled him out of the game (as well they should have since he couldn't even plant his foot to throw the ball, just like RG3 yesterday). Our coaching staff and medical people actually care about the long term health of the player so they pulled him out. Mike and Kyle Shanahan not only left RG3 in when he clearly shouldn't have been, they called 3 runs the entire 3rd quarter. It was the absolute worse display of protecting a player I have ever seen.

No surprise though - Shanahan is the same clown that put Terrell Davis back in the game in the SB after he told him that he couldn't see because of a migraine. Obviously player safety is far down the list of importance for him.

As to the Cutler/RG3 response difference, I firmly believe it comes down to likeability. Jay is abrasive and Griffin is a media darling and from all accounts very well liked. It's obvious that the people who matter (the guys in the Bears locker room) respect Jay as a leader - they've voted him a team captain 4 years in a row now. What gets said elsewhere really doesn't matter.
Seriously AZ, the league may need to step in and do something here. This staff put RG3 back in a game after getting a concussion. Back in after a bad knee injury (which they claimed had been ok'd by the medical staff, to which team Dr. James Andrews said he hadn't cleared him b/c he never examined him) and then yesterday's display. This is the type of mentality the NFL has been trying to stamp out. Robert's a very smart guy, but he's young. We're all invulnerable when we are young. I sincerely hope somebody close to him tells him that he can't sacrifice his long term well being for the benefit of coaches that clearly don't give a rat's you-know-what about how long his career is.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
abdi7451

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Now RGIII has a torn ACL and LCL and is facing possible exploratory surgery and/or reconstructive surgery, and I would figure his rehab is probably going to cut into his offseason program his second year in the league.

Playoffs or not, being a gladiator and destroying your body like that isn't always worth it long-term.

Yea, just ask our '85 QB Jim McMahon.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: