Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypocrisy Storm Surge - Cutler and RGIII
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
51to54

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Hypocrisy Storm Surge - Cutler and RGIII Reply with quote

So Cutler is a gutless dog who wouldn't stay on the field with a blown knee during a playoff game while Shanahon is getting slammed for playing RGIII with a bad wheel.

MJ Drew, where is your outrage now?

Just sayin.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the idiot on British TV was saying last night that RG3 leaving the field wasn’t a “Jay Cutler situation” saying that RG3 had been dragged off the field and didn’t want to go out the game…then the other analyst chips in with “Adrian Peterson will be texting him about how to recover from that injury”…neither of course had any idea what injury RG3 had but because he isn’t Cutler he was given a free pass…RG3 also came back out and stood on the sideline watching the game like Cutler did but that was seen as leadership by RG3 but when Cutler did it he was pouting on the sideline.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest issue is people think Cutler took himself out of the game, they see him riding the bike and say well if he's riding the bike why can't he go back in. They don't realize him riding the bike was trying to get the knee loose enough to stay in the game. That the coaches pulled him out of the game (as well they should have since he couldn't even plant his foot to throw the ball, just like RG3 yesterday). Our coaching staff and medical people actually care about the long term health of the player so they pulled him out. Mike and Kyle Shanahan not only left RG3 in when he clearly shouldn't have been, they called 3 runs the entire 3rd quarter. It was the absolute worse display of protecting a player I have ever seen.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Yeah the idiot on British TV was saying last night that RG3 leaving the field wasn’t a “Jay Cutler situation” saying that RG3 had been dragged off the field and didn’t want to go out the game…then the other analyst chips in with “Adrian Peterson will be texting him about how to recover from that injury”…neither of course had any idea what injury RG3 had but because he isn’t Cutler he was given a free pass…RG3 also came back out and stood on the sideline watching the game like Cutler did but that was seen as leadership by RG3 but when Cutler did it he was pouting on the sideline.

Yeah I was watching it round a friend's house and when he said that we just both turned to each other and laughed. It's just unbelievable how much Cutler was criticized for that. I'd love to have this mysterious power that some people have where they know exactly what Jay was feeling. To question his toughness is laughable. But anyway, this is a debate for two years ago...
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
The biggest issue is people think Cutler took himself out of the game, they see him riding the bike and say well if he's riding the bike why can't he go back in. They don't realize him riding the bike was trying to get the knee loose enough to stay in the game. That the coaches pulled him out of the game (as well they should have since he couldn't even plant his foot to throw the ball, just like RG3 yesterday). Our coaching staff and medical people actually care about the long term health of the player so they pulled him out. Mike and Kyle Shanahan not only left RG3 in when he clearly shouldn't have been, they called 3 runs the entire 3rd quarter. It was the absolute worse display of protecting a player I have ever seen.

No surprise though - Shanahan is the same clown that put Terrell Davis back in the game in the SB after he told him that he couldn't see because of a migraine. Obviously player safety is far down the list of importance for him.

As to the Cutler/RG3 response difference, I firmly believe it comes down to likeability. Jay is abrasive and Griffin is a media darling and from all accounts very well liked. It's obvious that the people who matter (the guys in the Bears locker room) respect Jay as a leader - they've voted him a team captain 4 years in a row now. What gets said elsewhere really doesn't matter.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

No surprise though - Shanahan is the same clown that put Terrell Davis back in the game in the SB after he told him that he couldn't see because of a migraine. Obviously player safety is far down the list of importance for him.

As to the Cutler/RG3 response difference, I firmly believe it comes down to likeability. Jay is abrasive and Griffin is a media darling and from all accounts very well liked. It's obvious that the people who matter (the guys in the Bears locker room) respect Jay as a leader - they've voted him a team captain 4 years in a row now. What gets said elsewhere really doesn't matter.
Seriously AZ, the league may need to step in and do something here. This staff put RG3 back in a game after getting a concussion. Back in after a bad knee injury (which they claimed had been ok'd by the medical staff, to which team Dr. James Andrews said he hadn't cleared him b/c he never examined him) and then yesterday's display. This is the type of mentality the NFL has been trying to stamp out. Robert's a very smart guy, but he's young. We're all invulnerable when we are young. I sincerely hope somebody close to him tells him that he can't sacrifice his long term well being for the benefit of coaches that clearly don't give a rat's you-know-what about how long his career is.

raq11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jay Cutler, this is how you play in the playoffs through a knee injury. Signed, RG3.

— Cameron Worrell (@KillaCamWorrell) January 6, 2013

Marshall Faulk said after the game “We can’t criticize Jay Cutler for not playing, and then criticize RG3 for playing. Can’t have it both ways”

All in all, while I hope RG3 avoided any serious injury, I certainly am glad Lovie, the doctors, Jay himself, whoever it was, didn't put his future in jeopardy. Caleb gave us the best chance to win, Cousins gave the Redskins the best chance to win. Hell, the skins had 16 passing yards after the 1st quarter.
shruj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Seriously AZ, the league may need to step in and do something here. This staff put RG3 back in a game after getting a concussion. Back in after a bad knee injury (which they claimed had been ok'd by the medical staff, to which team Dr. James Andrews said he hadn't cleared him b/c he never examined him) and then yesterday's display. This is the type of mentality the NFL has been trying to stamp out. Robert's a very smart guy, but he's young. We're all invulnerable when we are young. I sincerely hope somebody close to him tells him that he can't sacrifice his long term well being for the benefit of coaches that clearly don't give a rat's you-know-what about how long his career is.

The worst part is RG3 should not have played in that game after reinjuring his knee the first time. I've torn my MCL before in a soccer game after playing on a Grade I sprain - went back into a game because my coach told me too. The thing I don't understand about the Redskins is this - they have Dr. James Andrews, no schmuck. He's probably the foremost expert in his field and his opinion should always trump the coaches - even if he is a high-profile guy like Shanahan.

Cutler played on a Grade II MCL sprain (IIRC), and he was smart to be taken out. Long-term success trumps short term anyday. I remember being pissed when MJD and others were calling out his toughness. They seemed to forget that he played a series after his injury before being taken out.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real question is why you guys are watching American Football on British networks lol.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler was done in initially by his own doing given his bristly relationship with the media and his personality.

That was later exacerbated by the fact the Bears initially did nothing to come to his defense, particularly Lovie Smith.By the time they did it was too little too late.
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
I think the real question is why you guys are watching American Football on British networks lol.

Uhh maybe because they live in Great Britain? Lol
Sr7252

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said that because I once watched it too on a streaming site so it's not necessarily cause of that even tho idk why British people would watch.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
I said that because I once watched it too on a streaming site so it's not necessarily cause of that even tho idk why British people would watch.
b/c its a global game, or were you under a rock for the past 10 years while the NFL has been sending teams to London every year, and there's been talk of London getting a franchise.

Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler, this is how you play in the playoffs through a knee injury. Signed, RG3.

— Cameron Worrell (@KillaCamWorrell) January 6, 2013

Marshall Faulk said after the game “We can’t criticize Jay Cutler for not playing, and then criticize RG3 for playing. Can’t have it both ways”

All in all, while I hope RG3 avoided any serious injury, I certainly am glad Lovie, the doctors, Jay himself, whoever it was, didn't put his future in jeopardy. Caleb gave us the best chance to win, Cousins gave the Redskins the best chance to win. Hell, the skins had 16 passing yards after the 1st quarter.

Why the heck are players always coming after Cutler, thats what I dont get..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports making the rounds on twitter that RGIII has torn ACL & PCL.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: