Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Atlanta Falcons vs. Seattle Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
swoosh wrote:
People talk about how Seattle matches up great against Atlanta (and they do), but I want to see Koetter attack Browner with Julio. Get Julio the ball on screens and double moves. That's a match-up I really like for the Falcons. Julio's athleticism cannot be matched.
What if we cloned Julio? Shocked

Only if he has dreads. Or ponytails. Cool

Also, I agree with DrawABlank. Run at Irvin all day. Dude cannot stop the run at all. Dangerous pass rusher though.

Now try stopping that! Brb starting CloneJones petition.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been worried about this team all year, and I know I was the one that called this the worst team in the Mike Smith era. Im not really changing my stance on that, but I do believe that we will win this game fairly easily.

-The man on man, blitz everyone else scheme that the 'hawks run is right up the Falcons alley. Let them take away Julio and Roddy with their top two corners for the whole game. All that means is that Tony and Quizz will be one on one with players that cannot defend them. Quizz will go off this game, and I can guarantee that Sherman/Browner will probably take Julio away for most of the game, but I bet that Julio will get a slip screen sometime during the game, and will take it for 50+.

-Chris Clemons being out is huge. Turner might not be great, but he has shown a few flashes the past month, and Quizz is running better than he ever has. Baker/Blaylock has been the best side of our line for the whole year too.

-We will score 28+ points. I do not see Seattle keeping up. We do not give up points. Only 3 times have teams scored 28 or more points against us.

-1pm game time will be a factor. Seattle can say all the right things about it not effecting them, but flying to the east coast on back to back weeks is huge, and will play a factor.

Falcons-31
Seahawks-20

#JDI
thefalcon7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game scares me to death... When you look at the two games against Carolina we should have lost them both... The running QB scares me anytime we face them because of our struggles against them...
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I have been worried about this team all year, and I know I was the one that called this the worst team in the Mike Smith era. Im not really changing my stance on that, but I do believe that we will win this game fairly easily.

-The man on man, blitz everyone else scheme that the 'hawks run is right up the Falcons alley. Let them take away Julio and Roddy with their top two corners for the whole game. All that means is that Tony and Quizz will be one on one with players that cannot defend them. Quizz will go off this game, and I can guarantee that Sherman/Browner will probably take Julio away for most of the game, but I bet that Julio will get a slip screen sometime during the game, and will take it for 50+.

-Chris Clemons being out is huge. Turner might not be great, but he has shown a few flashes the past month, and Quizz is running better than he ever has. Baker/Blaylock has been the best side of our line for the whole year too.

-We will score 28+ points. I do not see Seattle keeping up. We do not give up points. Only 3 times have teams scored 28 or more points against us.

-1pm game time will be a factor. Seattle can say all the right things about it not effecting them, but flying to the east coast on back to back weeks is huge, and will play a factor.

Falcons-31
Seahawks-20
Good points other than thinking Seattle runs a man on man blitz the rest type of defense. I wished they did, we have the personel. Laughing

Our DC calls soft vanilla coverages almost all game long. A bend but don't break type of defense with the safeties playing back and make sure nothing gets over the top (works best if Earl Thomas plays the back and not Chancellor).

Seattle averages 15 something a game giving up and hasn't let a team score more than 28 this year. So saying Atlanta will score 31 is quite bold. Especially when seeing that Ryan tends to struggle at home this year for whatever reason.

I hate that the game is at 10 PST. Just stupid it's like that. If only they played the Saturday night game. Sad

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefalcon7 wrote:
This game scares me to death... When you look at the two games against Carolina we should have lost them both... The running QB scares me anytime we face them because of our struggles against them...

I say we immediately come out in a 3-4 base. Put 3 big DL to stop the run, Abe to rush the passer and Kroy to be a spy. JMO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's Super Bowl Odds

3 to 1 Denver Broncos
3.5 to 1 New England Patriots
5 to 1 San Francisco 49ers
7 to 1 Green Bay Packers
8 to 1 Atlanta Falcons
8 to 1 Seattle Seahawks
20 to 1 Baltimore Ravens
20 to 1 Houston Texans

You guys really don't get much respect. Laughing

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
Today's Super Bowl Odds

3 to 1 Denver Broncos
3.5 to 1 New England Patriots
5 to 1 San Francisco 49ers
7 to 1 Green Bay Packers
8 to 1 Atlanta Falcons
8 to 1 Seattle Seahawks
20 to 1 Baltimore Ravens
20 to 1 Houston Texans

You guys really don't get much respect. Laughing

Betting $5,000 on the Falcons now. If I win, I'm buying an Audi. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I've been hearing and looking at over the past week, the key to our passing game to work against Seattle is very, very simple. If Julio and/or Roddy can consistently draw double coverages (which means they have to beat Seattles corners), then we should flourish. If this happens, Tony Gonzalez will impose his will upon the middle of this defense and lead the team to what should be the greatest victory of his career.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. And am I the only one who thinks Tony's "95%" chance of retiring is a way of instilling a sense of urgency into this team?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone come over and trash talk us.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15481816#15481816
BlueOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks really don't double cover anyone, and at least so far this season they rarely blitz. Sherman is just about as good as a CB gets. Browner gets beat over the top once every 3-4 games or so on a double move. Generally you'll see ET as a deep safety every snap and Kam can go about anywhere, wouldn't be surprising if he's on Tony G pretty often. You'll see a lot of man/zone mixes with 4-5 man rushes if this game is like most of the season.

Personally I'm actually hoping the Hawks are willing to blitz a ton this game if we don't get any pressure in the first quarter from Irvine.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle's corners are good, no doubt about that, but lets give credit where credit is due. Samuel, Robinson, Moore, and DeCoud are easily a top-tier secondary in the league and that is WITHOUT Grimes. And we can't forget about McClain... I can't say enough about how well he has filled in this season. He can even play outside if need be. It's safe to say McClain will be around for a long time in ATL. The absence of Moore over the last few games was really felt. Now that he is back healthy, look for our D to be rejuvenated. Seattle's corners may be big and physical, but they have trouble changing direction. They tend to rely on being super physical and getting under the skin of their opponents. Hopefully the refs throw flags for holds/late hits/pass interference because I saw a lot of that from Seattle's corners in the Washington game.
D0 TH3 D3W

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abraham is Questionable. Any reason to worry?

RIP Joe Pa
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0 TH3 D3W wrote:
Abraham is Questionable. Any reason to worry?

If he can't fully plant his ankle, then yes. We need him to not be tender on that ankle or instead of all these moves he has, he won't have as many. Also it would be hard for him to contain on a broken play.

I think he's fine though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: