Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII and Shanahan Let the Team Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
We admire players that push through the pain to carry their team over the top. RGIII has shown so much heart to carry a pretty terrible team all year, but now we wanna blame him for a loss in a playoff game nobody expected to make because he wanted to gut it out and help his team?

It's the coach's call on a matter like this and Shanahan made his choice. Fans turning on RG is a joke, I can guarantee you no one in that locker room is blaming RGIII for this loss.
yep. exactly right Jeezy. There should be no blame cast on RG3 here fellas. It goes squarely on Mike Shanahan for playing him. Then on Kyle for the poor playcalling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Shanahan.

After RG3 rolled out and got sacked instead of taking off on a run, Shanny should have yanked him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Mike Shanahan.

After RG3 rolled out and got sacked instead of taking off on a run, Shanny should have yanked him.
yep. I totaly agree Slateman. That was right before he threw that second td pass right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is when Jay Cutler sat out last year or two years ago in the playoffs everyone was making fun of him for not toughing it out and helping his team. Now RG3 toughs it out and he should have sat out because he is hurting his team? Whatever choice we made would have been wrong if we lost and if we had won it would have been the right choice.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
The funny thing is when Jay Cutler sat out last year or two years ago in the playoffs everyone was making fun of him for not toughing it out and helping his team. Now RG3 toughs it out and he should have sat out because he is hurting his team? Whatever choice we made would have been wrong if we lost and if we had won it would have been the right choice.
Yep no matter what a pro athlete does he will have some love him and some hate him. It just goes with the territory
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
We admire players that push through the pain to carry their team over the top. RGIII has shown so much heart to carry a pretty terrible team all year, but now we wanna blame him for a loss in a playoff game nobody expected to make because he wanted to gut it out and help his team?

It's the coach's call on a matter like this and Shanahan made his choice. Fans turning on RG is a joke, I can guarantee you no one in that locker room is blaming RGIII for this loss.

Well fans turning on Shanahan is a joke, if you listen to what the players like Fletcher had to say to the press. The players wanted RG3 out there if RG3 thought he could play.

I thought Cousins should have been put in after RG3 re-aggravated his knee after rolling on the turf in the first quarter to be honest.

But I'm not going to harp on Shanahan's decision to go with a guy that was telling him he was hurt but not injured, even though I disagreed with it. People complain that he is not a "player's coach" then complain when he lets his players play. We have had so many guys this year come back while hurt-- Fletcher (couldn't even walk before practice) Polumbus, Montgomery, Hall, Griffin, got hurt and many more played at way less than 100% for alot of the year. A big part of our success this year was due to letting guys "tough it out"and play hurt. Though next year I am certain RG3 will be facing aLOT more scrutiny when he says he is OK to play. And I hope we will make the substitution then.

Awesome sigs by mike23md
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Well fans turning on Shanahan is a joke, if you listen to what the players like Fletcher had to say to the press. The players wanted RG3 out there if RG3 thought he could play.

I thought Cousins should have been put in after RG3 re-aggravated his knee after rolling on the turf in the first quarter to be honest.

But I'm not going to harp on Shanahan's decision to go with a guy that was telling him he was hurt but not injured, even though I disagreed with it. People complain that he is not a "player's coach" then complain when he lets his players play. We have had so many guys this year come back while hurt-- Fletcher (couldn't even walk before practice) Polumbus, Montgomery, Hall, Griffin, got hurt and many more played at way less than 100% for alot of the year. A big part of our success this year was due to letting guys "tough it out"and play hurt. Though next year I am certain RG3 will be facing aLOT more scrutiny when he says he is OK to play. And I hope we will make the substitution then.

RGIII ain't just ANY guy!! He's the damn franchise for 10-15 years.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually quit watching at somepoint when it was 14-13. Knew it was over for us. And knew Cousins wasnt going to be brought in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just imagine that Shanahan had benched RG3 at halftime and brought in Cousins and he threw 2 picks and lost the game. Everyone would be calling for Shanahan to be fired.

We don't know what would have happaned.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

The point is, Shanahan shouldn't be making that call, the medical staff should, and James Andrews already let us in on the little secret that the medical staff isn't making these decisions for the Redskins, Mike Shanahan is. Now unless I missed his 8 years of medical school on his resume, Shanahan is no better equipped to make that decision than you or I are. This is Varsity Bluesesque and a fireable offense.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Just imagine that Shanahan had benched RG3 at halftime and brought in Cousins and he threw 2 picks and lost the game. Everyone would be calling for Shanahan to be fired.

We don't know what would have happaned.
actually, I'd be calling for a trade of cousins Wink
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm worried about or care about, is the future health of RG3.

Both Shanny and RG3 will learn lessons, from this 2012/13 adventure.
They've accomplished more than I could ever have expected.
Specially after starting out 3-6.

None of us should doubt, that a 100% healthy RG3 stream rolls the #1 ranked Seattle defense last night. I know I don't after a maybe 70% at best RG3 had us up 14-zip in the 1st qtr.

Lets get Rg3 healthy for 2013 season, add pieces via draft/free agency to reload our team.

I respect what the Seahawks have done and they deserve to move forward in the Playoffs.
I also respect what Wilson has done for them.

Wilson is a heck of a ball player.

RG3 is a future Hall of Famer and the best QB (when 100% healthy) I've ever seen.

Next years goal?
lets improve off a 10-6 season and go for a 1st rd bye, type record.

& lets steam roll the NFC East...
Again! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These reactions are getting ridiculous. The fact is Griffin is the one that got us to the playoffs in the first place. He earned the right to play in that game. No one was complaining when he won us the division last week.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
These reactions are getting ridiculous. The fact is Griffin is the one that got us to the playoffs in the first place. He earned the right to play in that game. No one was complaining when he won us the division last week.
not entirely true... Cowboys fans were complaining! Badum chi Laughing Wink
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Mike Shanahan.

yep. I totaly agree Slateman. That was right before he threw that second td pass right?

No, this was after. I believe it was in the third quarter.

Rolled out, had all day to throw, no one was open. Normally RG3 takes off. But he couldn't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: