Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII and Shanahan Let the Team Down
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: RGIII and Shanahan Let the Team Down Reply with quote

I blame BOTH of them equally ! RGIII-yeah he wanted to help HIS team but he knew he was WAY at risk , a limping, slow moving target almost sure to get seriously hurt --this is the damn NFL! He was a tackling dummy--DUMMY be the operative word.
Shannahan could see it -- I know we all saw it !!.. Maybe I do blame Shanahan a bit more -an experienced coach that wanted to repair his reputation and win the game. He lost sight of the BIG picture..
Kirk Cousins had at least a chance to win the game if he could have gone in following RGIII first minor tweak of the knee ..
Real shame on both of them Evil or Very Mad They owed it to the other 51 players to have a healthy QB out there .. Cousins had proven he can run the offense.
Dr Andrews-- sharpen your scapel .!!
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it lies on Shanahan, but RGIII needs to know his limits. I dont blame the guy for wanting to be the guy, but that sometimes means sitting down to play another day instead of trying to win despite.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
TLSkins

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: RGIII and Shanahan Let the Team Down Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I blame BOTH of them equally ! RGIII-yeah he wanted to help HIS team but he knew he was WAY at risk , a limping, slow moving target almost sure to get seriously hurt --this is the damn NFL! He was a tackling dummy--DUMMY be the operative word.
Shannahan could see it -- I know we all saw it !!.. Maybe I do blame Shanahan a bit more -an experienced coach that wanted to repair his reputation and win the game. He lost sight of the BIG picture..
Kirk Cousins had at least a chance to win the game if he could have gone in following RGIII first minor tweak of the knee ..
Real shame on both of them Evil or Very Mad They owed it to the other 51 players to have a healthy QB out there .. Cousins had proven he can run the offense.
Dr Andrews-- sharpen your scapel .!!

Hindsight is 20/20. Had RGIII stayed in and pulled the game through for us, he would have been viewed as a hero. We all saw the same thing against the Eagles and Cowboys -- no one saw you complaining or making a thread about it when we were winning.

RGIII would never back down from playing as long as he is able to walk. While it obviously has its double-edged sword qualities, it's certainly a much more admirable characteristic than being a baby.

I'm sick of this fanbase bashing Shanahan and RGIII. Had he had taken himself out the game, everyone would still be bashing on him regardless for 'giving up'. Man up, swallow the loss, and stop complaining about it.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went from 5-11 to NFC East champs and this is what everyone wants to talk about...unbelivable.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it was a bit of a selfish move by RG3 and a bad coaching/President of Personal decision by Shanahan. Clearly everyone saw the difference in RG3 after the 1st and he should've been sat after Halftime plain and simple. Cousins then would've had time to adjust and get comfortable and give us a chance to actually win the game. This game was too close for too long for us to let RG3 hender us from a victory.

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We admire players that push through the pain to carry their team over the top. RGIII has shown so much heart to carry a pretty terrible team all year, but now we wanna blame him for a loss in a playoff game nobody expected to make because he wanted to gut it out and help his team?

It's the coach's call on a matter like this and Shanahan made his choice. Fans turning on RG is a joke, I can guarantee you no one in that locker room is blaming RGIII for this loss.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
big44dog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think at 14-13 in the 3rd anyone was worried about RG3 10 years from now. We were all hoping he could pull one more play off with the terrible field position they had in that part of the game. I'm sure most of us were ready to crown Haslett DC of the millennium at the time too.
Bottom line is its the kids team. He got us to yesterday and he deserved the chance to make the call on himself, his body, and his career. Was it his worst rookie mistake of the season? Maybe. Should we all buy what the medias saying about how his shelf life won't be long? No way. He's smart enough to learn from this. I'm hoping he adds 10 pounds and for Christs sake learns to slide. Don't panic fellas the future is still really really bright.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not complaining about the loss.. I'm complaining about Shanahan and RGIII putting himself and his entire career at risk ..
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
We admire players that push through the pain to carry their team over the top. RGIII has shown so much heart to carry a pretty terrible team all year, but now we wanna blame him for a loss in a playoff game nobody expected to make because he wanted to gut it out and help his team?

It's the coach's call on a matter like this and Shanahan made his choice. Fans turning on RG is a joke, I can guarantee you no one in that locker room is blaming RGIII for this loss.

When it's clear that ur not helping things change. Rg3 after the 1st quarter looked like the RG3 after he got hit in the Bmore game. Same way he was taken out of that game to give us the best chance to win he should've been taken out this game. Look at the stats after the first quarter. Yes I still praise RG3 for playing through pain throughout these past weeks, but yesterday it was not just pain it looked more like a injury that completely took the whole offense out of rhythm.

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

When it's clear that ur not helping things change. Rg3 after the 1st quarter looked like the RG3 after he got hit in the Bmore game. Same way he was taken out of that game to give us the best chance to win he should've been taken out this game. Look at the stats after the first quarter. Yes I still praise RG3 for playing through pain throughout these past weeks, but yesterday it was not just pain it looked more like a injury that completely took the whole offense out of rhythm.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying the decision to take him out should've been made by Shanahan, not RGIII, and the blame belongs at that pay grade.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly this is a load of bs. The truth is RG3 was banged up coming into the game. Had we won the game this wouldn't even be an issue. The only reason it's an issue is because we lost.

If you want to know the real reason we lost you can blame it on the play calling. Morris in he first quarter ran it 8 times for 49 yards. We were up 14-0. He had a total of 16 carries. He had 5 carries in the second half and that means 3 in the second quarter. I'm still wondering why we went away from the run. We are a running team. Yes RG3 is great and its great to have a qb but Morris was just as big a reason that we made the playoffs. Lynch started the game slowly but Seattle stuck with the run. Morris started off well and we gave up on the run.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously! I'm begining to lose my repsect for my fellow fans... ughh Twisted Evil

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Honestly this is a load of bs. The truth is RG3 was banged up coming into the game. Had we won the game this wouldn't even be an issue. The only reason it's an issue is because we lost.

If you want to know the real reason we lost you can blame it on the play calling. Morris in he first quarter ran it 8 times for 49 yards. We were up 14-0. He had a total of 16 carries. He had 5 carries in the second half and that means 3 in the second quarter. I'm still wondering why we went away from the run. We are a running team. Yes RG3 is great and its great to have a qb but Morris was just as big a reason that we made the playoffs. Lynch started the game slowly but Seattle stuck with the run. Morris started off well and we gave up on the run.
THIS! Hit the nail on the head Sassan. Pass happy kyle from 2010 and 2011 returned and his daddy did nothing to stop it. Pretty clear Kyle has free will to do whatever he wants with this offense. We shouldn't have been pass happy in 2010, 2011 nor from the 2nd quarter on in yesterdays game.

There was no zone stretch plays run, little pistol and hand off to Alfred and that opens up our passing game. It always has for this offense for 20 years and always will.

Mike Shanahan should have been the bigger man and told RG3 he couldn't play after RG3 tweaked his knee before he threw his second td pass off one leg again like he did vs in the Ravens game a month ago.

A heavy dose of Morris and smart accurate passing from Kirk for the last three quarters would have won us that ball game and raised Kirk's trade value another notch! Laughing Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying the decision to take him out should've been made by Shanahan, not RGIII, and the blame belongs at that pay grade.

You want every player to have RG3's mentality. Every one! You want players who, no matter the issue with their bodies, they want to go in with the game on the line and play. This is a GOOD THING TO HAVE!!!

Its called "wanting the ball". As a coach, I'd much rather have the guy who will gut it out and want the ball with the game on the line than the guy who shrinks from it.

Now...Jeezy is correct folks. The blame here lies with Shanny. Yes, RG3 deserved to show that he could still do well after the first tweak in the 1rst quarter. But by halftime it was clear he was not effective.

The game was lost by BOTH Shanahans. Mike - for not pulling RG3 at halftime. And Kyle, for inexplicably not running Morris more when we still had a 1 point lead.

The game was NOT lost by RG3.

Some perspective is needed people.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be happy.folks! Very Happy.
We got to play yesterday,we could have had to watch the cowgirls or giants play.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR

Last edited by THESKINSFAN21 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: