Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks file formal complaint about Fed Ex Field
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Here's the deal. The entire time Danny has owned the team he has not had to think about hosting a playoff game in January. Hence why he lets so many late season concerts/college games, etc... on the field. Its also why we haven't re-sodded the field after October. Because come January, no one has been playing on it.

This was a rude awakening for him.

So if he's smart, he'll re-sod the field at the end of October/beginning of November and cut out anything but Redskins games on the field after Thanksgiving.

Great point.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good point Thai, but for years the field has looked bad the last month of the season. So is not just because of the playoff game, it looked bad the last few home games. It looked bad vs the Giants, Ravens and Coeboys games also.

Last time I checked, they were in the regular season! Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15448809#15448809

Seahawks file formal complaint with the NFL about the field condidtions at fed ex field.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
That is a good point Thai, but for years the field has looked bad the last month of the season. So is not just because of the playoff game, it looked bad the last few home games. It looked bad vs the Giants, Ravens and Coeboys games also.

Carry that thought on through and you'll see you're making my point.

I never said it was just about the playoff game. I said that Danny didn't have to worry about hosting a playoff game and could let the field gradually go to pot in the last month or so. Because, come January, no one was going to be playing on it. See the point now?

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I never said it was just about the playoff game. I said that Danny didn't have to worry about hosting a playoff game and could let the field gradually go to pot in the last month or so. Because, come January, no one was going to be playing on it. See the point now?
Either way it doesn't matter. He is the owner of an NFL franchise, unless it is pooring down rain or snowing every day of the week there is no reason why our field can't look as good as the Patriot's or Denver's every week

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Either way it doesn't matter. He is the owner of an NFL franchise, unless it is pooring down rain or snowing every day of the week there is no reason why our field can't look as good as the Patriot's or Denver's every week

Yes, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm simply stating why our field has looked like it has in the final month of the season for the past 10 years. And I said how Danny should change it.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Here's the deal. The entire time Danny has owned the team he has not had to think about hosting a playoff game in January. Hence why he lets so many late season concerts/college games, etc... on the field. Its also why we haven't re-sodded the field after October. Because come January, no one has been playing on it.

This was a rude awakening for him.

So if he's smart, he'll re-sod the field at the end of October/beginning of November and cut out anything but Redskins games on the field after Thanksgiving.

Technically, that's not accurate. He was owner in 1999.

Still, your main thrust perhaps holds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: