Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Offseason Wishlist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flounda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: My Offseason Wishlist Reply with quote

I agree with what Spielman has done thus far. As a result, I believe that we should continue bringing in guys that are passionate and have great character. I am not going to go into detail with contract numbers or any of the smaller name players, but this is what my hopes would be for the offseason. I did not pursue much help at outside linebacker because I believe the problem was Brinkley and I believe Henderson played well. I believe we have other more significant problems.

Cut/ Not Re-Signed

WR Devin Aromashodu
MLB Jasper Brinkley
CB Brandon Burton
FS Andrew Sendejo
CB Marcus Sherels
QB Joe Webb

Signed/ Re-Signed

FB Jerome Felton
OG Goeff Shwartz
CB A.J. Jefferson
SS Jamarca Sanford
OT Phil Loadholt
LB Marvin Mitchell
WR Jerome Simpson- Very very passionate, he is an idiot, but I like it because he is an idiot in a good way and he is a Viking and wants to be
WR Michael Jenkins
DT Letroy Guion- Not sure if he still in contract

Restructured

TE John Carlson

Free Agency

WR Greg Jennings- I originally wanted Mike Wallace, but I believe that is getting away from what we are trying to do because I think he is a drama queen. Wallace also is only 6'

DT Glenn Dorsey- He would have a really good chance of getting his huge upside out of him because I believe we have a top 3 DL coach in the NFL.

Other smaller signs like last year that I cannot predict

Draft

Trade Percy Harvins and 1st Round Pick to Bills for their 1st, 2nd, and 4th Round Pick.

1st Round Pick via Bills

MLB Manti Teo (ND)- My favorite player in the draft, Spielman loves ND players and he would be reunited with Harrison Smith. Both are the high character, passionate players we are trying to get.

2nd Round Pick via Bills

S Eric Reid (LSU)- Just a baller, him and Smith together is scary.

Trade our 3rd, 4th Round via Lions, and 4th Round via Bills to Giants for 2nd Round Pick

2nd Round Pick via Giants

WR Robert Woods (USC)- Great addition to our receivers. I think he is really intelligent and reminds me of a young Greg Jennings. I think teamed up with Jennings he would learn a lot.

2nd Round Pick

CB David Amerson (NCST)- Great size, had 13 picks a year ago, Seattle has had great success with these huge DB's. I think he would be great.

4th Round Pick
OLB Lerentee McCray (UF)- Great size, good addition for depth at outside linebacker

5th Round Pick

WR Marcus Davis (VT)- Great athleticism, his problem is his hands, I think you bring him in and is decent, but has the potential to be great.

Trade 6th Round Pick via Titans to Bears for 2014 5th Round Pick

6th Round Pick

HB Cierre Wood (ND)- Another Notre Dame guy, very effective pick I believe could be a better 3rd down back than Toby

Trade 7th Round Pick to Chiefs for 2014 6th Round Pick

Final Roster

QB - Christian Ponder/Free agent signee/McLeod Bethel-Thompson
RB - Adrian Peterson/Toby Gerhart/Cierre Wood
FB - Jerome Felton
WR1-Greg Jennings/Jarius Wright/Michael Jenkins
WR2- Robert Woods/Jerome Simpson/Marcus Davis
TE - Kyle Rudolph/John Carlson/Rhett Ellison
LT - Matt Kalil
LG - Charlie Johnson/Brandon Fusco
C - John Sullivan/Joe Burger
RG - Chad Rinehart/Geoff Schwartz
RT - Phil Loadholt

LDE - Everson Griffen/D'Aundre Reed
DT - Glenn Dorsey/Letroy Guion/Christian Ballard
NT - Kevin Williams/Fred Evans
RDE - Jared Allen/Brian Robison
SLB - Chad Greenway/Lerentee McCray
MLB - Manti Teo/Audie Cole/ Tyrone McKenzie
WLB - Erin Henderson/ Marvin Mitchell
LCB - David Amerson/Antoine Winfield/
SS - Eric Reid/Jamarca Sanford/ Robert Blanton
FS - Harrison Smith/ Mistral Raymond
RCB - Chris Cook/Josh Robinson/A.J. Jefferson

K - Blair Walsh
P - Chris Kluwe
LS - Cullen Loeffler
Patv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this happened, I would be ecstatic. Any draft that includes Teo will be a success in my book.
kparty69

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a fan of Manti Teo and I don't want the Vikings to lose Percy Harvin, but other than those two move this is my favorite mock draft so far.

I completely agree with you about Erin Henderson. I think Kevin Williams and Glen Dorsey could be a force at DT if Williams plays more of an NT role.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it!

I am willing to part with Harvin to have Jennings. I think Wright can be Harvin-Lite given a #1 WR present and Woods would be nice too. I also agree that Simpson while he doesnt provide the sustenance of the Viking feast - he does add some much needed spice.

All position needs are addressed well. Too bad we need the trades and these dudes are not already within our reach.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin Henderson is a free agent and while you indicated you have him on the roster, you did not indicate that they will re-sign him. I actually doubt that they will. I think they'll let both Brinkley and Henderson walk.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Flounda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt put to much into figuring out whose contract was up and I was in a rush. I don't see them letting him go though. Not now, they are to weak at the position to give him up
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WR Jerome Simpson- Very very passionate, he is an idiot, but I like it because he is an idiot in a good way and he is a Viking and wants to be

huh?

How can it be a good thing to be an idiot.

I like the idea of Kevin Williams sliding over to the 1 tech spot with Dorsey playing at UT.

I am a fan of Griffen at LE and Robison at pass rushing DT.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 quick thoughts:

1)No way Buffalo does that deal.

2) I'm really not a fan of Te'o in our D anyway. He looks to me like a great 34 ILB or an above average 43 SLB, but not like a 43 MLB.
Flounda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect meant, but you clearly haven't watched him played. The difference he makes in the pass game have cover 2 middle line backer written all over it. Almost all of his 7 interceptions have come from a zone defense where he is asked to read the quarterback. The other thing is and this is just a personal opinion...I believe he is identical to Troy Polamalu in the fact that I believe he will have a bad combine. However, it doesn't matter with him. He has game speed, playmaking ability, and instincts that are through the roof to go along with a will power that is not matched.
Patv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounda wrote:
No disrespect meant, but you clearly haven't watched him played. The difference he makes in the pass game have cover 2 middle line backer written all over it. Almost all of his 7 interceptions have come from a zone defense where he is asked to read the quarterback. The other thing is and this is just a personal opinion...I believe he is identical to Troy Polamalu in the fact that I believe he will have a bad combine. However, it doesn't matter with him. He has game speed, playmaking ability, and instincts that are through the roof to go along with a will power that is not matched.

I couldn't agree more. I can't remember a linebacker coming out that fits the Vikes defense this well in a long time. Just my opinion too, but I think he would fit this defense perfectly.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Te'o right now against Alabama, and so far he's got great instincts - he consistently reads and reacts to the play very quickly - but he's fairly slow, is not getting off his blocks at all, and is struggling to make tackles in space.

I'll repeat what I said, I don't like his fit in our D at all. He's a tremendous leader with top notch intangibles, like Tebow, and like Tebow, his actual abilities on the field have become massively overrated due to those intangibles.

Also:

Quote:
I can't remember a linebacker coming out that fits the Vikes defense this well in a long time.

There was a better one last year in Keuchly. This year, I think Minter is probably better, and if he can continue to learn the position, Ogletree will be better. Next year, Mosley will be better.
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be insane if it could happen should make our D scary
Flounda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is funny you mention Kuechly because I my previous statement I was going to mention that that I thought he was better for our defense that Kuechly. Keep watching the Alabama game. It's not over yet. I was surprised that he missed those two tackles in space, but right now Alabama is doing a good job of taking him out of the game. The play action touchdown on the goalline isolated Teo so he had to wait to see if it was a run because it was his gap and the route was run at him.
kenard158

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the bama notre dame game I dont want the vikings to draft teo. I would prefer Ogletree from Georgia. Faster and can actually tackle an SEC running back.
milllllano

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: My Offseason Wishlist Reply with quote

Flounda wrote:

WR Greg Jennings- I originally wanted Mike Wallace, but I believe that is getting away from what we are trying to do because I think he is a drama queen. Wallace also is only 6'

Jennings is only 5'11" Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: