Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reed Doughty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reed Doughty Reply with quote

I have been a longtime supporter of Reed, and he deserves his own thread for his play today, and I'm going to give it to him. If the team won today, that game ball would be going to him.

12 total tackles, 2 sacks. All over the place today.

I've told myself that last year would be his last, and that this would be his last because evidently the team has to improve the spot, and you do that by drafting players and putting them at the depth positions to develop. Usually that means the depth players at the position will be bounced. Watching Doughty play this season, and particularly the last impression he left the coaches with, he is going to be on the 2013 roster.

How can you not respect a player that is somewhat limited athletically compared to others at his position, who is gradually losing his hearing and still manages to make an impact on an NFL roster?

You can't. No better mentor for those young secondary players than Reed Doughty.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I dont get those that knock him.
Hes got a good head on his shoulders. And plays the game like a true pro.
Id love for him to be around youth. Always liked his technique at tackling.
Hes not the most athletic guy. But makes it up in other ways, like Fletcher after losing a step. Finds other ways to be successful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay tough, Reed Doughty!
WarMother

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed was a monster yesterday. He's tough and fearless. I hope he is with the Redskins next year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and I both love Reed Footy29. Without Reed we would have lost today by 3 or 4 TDs IMO. I hope he's back, id even keep him over a young guy like Pugh or Gomes.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great in the run game. Great on special teams. Loved the way he played last night.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definition of ”true Redskin”. Im very impressed by the posters here,no bitterness. Im glad we can all see we are back in the mix of things in the NFL. We only get better from here!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed was an absolute warrior yesterday. I'm probably his biggest critic and I was incredibly impressed with him.
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Reed was an absolute warrior yesterday. I'm probably his biggest critic and I was incredibly impressed with him.

Same feeling, I would say pretty much for the whole year he has been good.
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like he's the most under appreciated player on this team and has been for 5 years. He's been this same guy that he was yesterday since the day we drafted him. I can't believe it's taken some of you so long to see it. He has had games like he had yesterday in the past, especially on our last playoff run when he played SS all the time after Sean passed and Laron was FS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just his play yesterday but over the entire winning streak (and most of the first 9 games too). Reed has done everything you'd ask of him to do. The guy simply makes plays.

He is the BEST tackler we have on this team.

I'll say it again...

Great vs. the run and we know he's a bit limited against the pass but he's not awful either. I've been saying it for awhile now. There is a reason why this guy has stuck around through multiple coaching changes and FO changes. Its because he's a FOOTBALL PLAYER!! He has heart and he can ball. The guy is an excellent role model for our secondary (hell our entire defense) to emulate.

So the next time he gives up a long pass play. Remember this year. Remember this stretch of 8 games (7 wins and a loss) and remember how well this guy played for us and stepped up when we needed him to. Remember that when you're doing your 53 man roster for 2013 and you want to drop him.

Because I can guarantee you that, barring injury, he will be on this roster Week 1 of the 2013 season.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said two years ago--I'd take him over L L..
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Not just his play yesterday but over the entire winning streak (and most of the first 9 games too). Reed has done everything you'd ask of him to do. The guy simply makes plays.

I'll say it again...

Great vs. the run and we know he's a bit limited against the pass but he's not awful either. I've been saying it for awhile now. There is a reason why this guy has stuck around through multiple coaching changes and FO changes. Its because he's a FOOTBALL PLAYER!! He has heart and he can ball. The guy is an excellent role model for our secondary (hell our entire defense) to emulate.

So the next time he gives up a long pass play. Remember this year. Remember this stretch of 8 games (7 wins and a loss) and remember how well this guy played for us and stepped up when we needed him to. Remember that when you're doing your 53 man roster for 2013 and you want to drop him.

Because I can guarantee you that, barring injury, he will be on this roster Week 1 of the 2013 season.
He nearly had an int also yesterday. On the seahawks first fG, he broke up a pass intended for Baldwin but thrown right to Reed. Baldwin was able to knock it out of Reed's hands though at the last second.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still remember though how great Meriwether looked in one half of a game .. SOOO much more pure talent.. speed.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Still remember though how great Meriwether looked in one half of a game .. SOOO much more pure talent.. speed.
I think he'll be back. Reed will be his back up.

What we need is a starting FS through FA or the draft and then someone to push Gomes at FS. If Gomes doesn't improve he might be the odd man out next year.

I don't know what to think of Tanard Jackson. He could also get a welcome back to camp.

One other thing, besides the suspension blunder, Cedric Griffin played great after the bye and he played well yesterday and was physical with their WRs. I think he will be brought back for a try out as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: