Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Smith?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Sean Smith? Reply with quote

Raider fan here, it's pretty obvious we need help in the secondary, as well as every other position. But I've hear he is going to test free agency and you guys are far apart on contract talks?

Is this true?
What is his future outlook as a player?
Character?

Thanks

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contract talks have yet to begun and not sure if they will. Smith can be a great talent in the right system imo. I don't believe he got used right. I hope he comes back.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, they are far apart in talks. Sean Smith wants the same contract McCourty received from the Titans. McCourty performed well to get that and Sean Smith has not performed on that level to get that type of money. I don't see a deal being done and i see him walking

UniversalAuthor
Judson49

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Right now, they are far apart in talks. Sean Smith wants the same contract McCourty received from the Titans. McCourty performed well to get that and Sean Smith has not performed on that level to get that type of money. I don't see a deal being done and i see him walking

So Sean Smith thinks he's better than he is? Shocker!!
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I have not heard a thing about McCourty.

Edit: Your right, just found the info. Still think he would get 7M from any other team. Sure, he doesn't deserve it but all CB's are expensive.

2. That is what Smith would get from any team.
3. He has said he wants to return to Miami.

Quote:
"Right now, I'm not worried about anything. I'm about to take it easy and let my agent and the guys upstairs do what they have to do. I'm very confident something is going to get worked out. This is definitely where I want to be forever."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Dolphins resigning him for $5-6.5 per season.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is represented by David Canter of DEC Sports Management. This is good news. He's not a major player in the industry and has a STRONG working relationship with the Phins. Of his roughly 25 clients, they include.

FB Jovorskie Lane
WR Legedu Naanee
DE Derrick Shelby
DT Paul Soliai
LB Tim Dobbins
CB R.J. Stanford

Franchise Tag is viable for Sean Smith. While players normally demand trades and get hostile with this designation, Canter won't compromise his working relationship with the Dolphins to demand his way out of town.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have been one of Smith's biggest supporters, I am not convinced he is worthy of the money he is likely to get. The fact is, I don't think any of our free agents are going to be worthy of what they end up getting other than maybe, Reggie Bush. At the same time, if we don't spend to the cap it sends a message to the fans that they aren't trying as hard as they can to field a winner. I also don't think tons of free agents are going to give discounts to stay in Miami. I know its not Ireland's way, but I think we should have been negotiating with many of these guys before they became free agents. They tend to be easier to resign and the deals are usually a bit more cap friendly when done a year or so in advance.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
While I have been one of Smith's biggest supporters, I am not convinced he is worthy of the money he is likely to get. The fact is, I don't think any of our free agents are going to be worthy of what they end up getting other than maybe, Reggie Bush. At the same time, if we don't spend to the cap it sends a message to the fans that they aren't trying as hard as they can to field a winner. I also don't think tons of free agents are going to give discounts to stay in Miami. I know its not Ireland's way, but I think we should have been negotiating with many of these guys before they became free agents. They tend to be easier to resign and the deals are usually a bit more cap friendly when done a year or so in advance.
Yes they should of tried to resign Hartline along time ago even before the year they said they wanted him to stay and knew he was a good guy to have on the team so just sign him before he thinks he is worth more then you want to pay him. Now im not so sure I want him to be resigned for the money him and Rosenhouse are thinking
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Yes they should of tried to resign Hartline along time ago even before the year they said they wanted him to stay and knew he was a good guy to have on the team so just sign him before he thinks he is worth more then you want to pay him. Now im not so sure I want him to be resigned for the money him and Rosenhouse are thinking

This "highlight reel" of Hartline shows the major flaws in his game that I see. It does not include any of the games from this year, and certainly doesn't include his huge game against the Cards, but it was virtually every catch of his career up until this season.

You tell me how many tackles he breaks in the entire reel vs. how many times he does a belly-flop after the catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n9GqPAJlY4U

I wouldn't pay him much more than veteran minimum to retain he services.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

This "highlight reel" of Hartline shows the major flaws in his game that I see. It does not include any of the games from this year, and certainly doesn't include his huge game against the Cards, but it was virtually every catch of his career up until this season.

You tell me how many tackles he breaks in the entire reel vs. how many times he does a belly-flop after the catch.

I would give Hartline $4 million a year. I hope after next season the Fins can part with Bess though. By that I mean I hope the talent base at the position allows for that to happen. I like Bess, good player and will succeed wherever he goes, but he just has NO explosion. I think Hartline could play the slot and be a much more explosive option.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartline has shown to be capable of big catches. He also knows that in Miami, he will probably be the #2 WR next season. On most other NFL teams he is a #3 at best.

No team in the NFL is going to pay Hartline more than he is worth, including the Miami Dolphins. He's also a great locker room presence.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Smith can be a good DB and played well at the beginning of the season against some of the better WR in the NFL, but he seemed to fade as the season went on and was exposed by lesser talent. It may be the lack of pass rush or the idea that outside of Jones there wasn't another DB that could be considered decent.

As far as attitude and character....I haven't read anything negative on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Sean Smith can be a good DB and played well at the beginning of the season against some of the better WR in the NFL, but he seemed to fade as the season went on and was exposed by lesser talent. It may be the lack of pass rush or the idea that outside of Jones there wasn't another DB that could be considered decent.

As far as attitude and character....I haven't read anything negative on him.

He tweets "LOL" with the frequency of a Bieber infatuated 9 year old girl.

......and Omar Kelly thinks he's awesome.
DolphWins

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

How many of those passes he caught from Henne and Moore were in a position for him to make YAC? Not many at all. The same was true this year as well. Tannehill has some accuracy trouble and overshot Hartline several times when he got behind coverages. We also dont consider Hartline to be a true #1 and thats the kind of attention he gets from opposing DB's when hes on the field because we have no one better to line up.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: