Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arizona Cardinals Draft - Quarterbacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 4681
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words: ej manuel

Big strong athletic

At pick 38

I am calling it now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Two words: ej manuel

Big strong athletic

At pick 38

I am calling it now


No
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11715
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to any ACC QB's who play against terrible defenses.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
No to any ACC QB's who play against terrible defenses.


I say yes to Glennon because Arians could do wonders with him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11715
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACC had 1 team in the 40 in total defense which was Florida State. Against the Fighting DJ's in October Glennon went 30/55 2TD 1TD 259 yards (4.7ypc).

His 5 highest QBR's of the season were against South Alabama & Citadel (non-FBS) and Miami, Clemson and North Carolina who were all above #50 in defense.

Not being a hater but even EJ Manuel had good stats in the ACC...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 4681
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want ej here either

Have said that alot

But he fits the mould that Arians likes

I could see it happen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
ACC had 1 team in the 40 in total defense which was Florida State. Against the Fighting DJ's in October Glennon went 30/55 2TD 1TD 259 yards (4.7ypc).

His 5 highest QBR's of the season were against South Alabama & Citadel (non-FBS) and Miami, Clemson and North Carolina who were all above #50 in defense.

Not being a hater but even EJ Manuel had good stats in the ACC...


If you're going to cross Manuel off your list for playing poor defenses, you need to eliminate Geno Smith as well. The Big 12 was a joke this season defensively.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11715
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
ACC had 1 team in the 40 in total defense which was Florida State. Against the Fighting DJ's in October Glennon went 30/55 2TD 1TD 259 yards (4.7ypc).

His 5 highest QBR's of the season were against South Alabama & Citadel (non-FBS) and Miami, Clemson and North Carolina who were all above #50 in defense.

Not being a hater but even EJ Manuel had good stats in the ACC...


If you're going to cross Manuel off your list for playing poor defenses, you need to eliminate Geno Smith as well. The Big 12 was a joke this season defensively.


Geno is on a different level talent-wise though...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
ACC had 1 team in the 40 in total defense which was Florida State. Against the Fighting DJ's in October Glennon went 30/55 2TD 1TD 259 yards (4.7ypc).

His 5 highest QBR's of the season were against South Alabama & Citadel (non-FBS) and Miami, Clemson and North Carolina who were all above #50 in defense.

Not being a hater but even EJ Manuel had good stats in the ACC...


If you're going to cross Manuel off your list for playing poor defenses, you need to eliminate Geno Smith as well. The Big 12 was a joke this season defensively.


Geno is on a different level talent-wise though...


So you're saying he should be judged by his talent first and his strength of competition is secondary to that? That's fine, although it completes eliminates the validity of this statement:

"No to any ACC QB's who play against terrible defenses."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11715
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
ACC had 1 team in the 40 in total defense which was Florida State. Against the Fighting DJ's in October Glennon went 30/55 2TD 1TD 259 yards (4.7ypc).

His 5 highest QBR's of the season were against South Alabama & Citadel (non-FBS) and Miami, Clemson and North Carolina who were all above #50 in defense.

Not being a hater but even EJ Manuel had good stats in the ACC...


If you're going to cross Manuel off your list for playing poor defenses, you need to eliminate Geno Smith as well. The Big 12 was a joke this season defensively.


Geno is on a different level talent-wise though...


So you're saying he should be judged by his talent first and his strength of competition is secondary to that? That's fine, although it completes eliminates the validity of this statement:

"No to any ACC QB's who play against terrible defenses."


Glennon struggled in the ACC whereas Geno had some ridiculous 40/6 TD/INT ratio. Also just use the eye ball test. He's a sitting duck in the pocket and makes horrendous decisions.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
ACC had 1 team in the 40 in total defense which was Florida State. Against the Fighting DJ's in October Glennon went 30/55 2TD 1TD 259 yards (4.7ypc).

His 5 highest QBR's of the season were against South Alabama & Citadel (non-FBS) and Miami, Clemson and North Carolina who were all above #50 in defense.

Not being a hater but even EJ Manuel had good stats in the ACC...


If you're going to cross Manuel off your list for playing poor defenses, you need to eliminate Geno Smith as well. The Big 12 was a joke this season defensively.


Geno is on a different level talent-wise though...


So you're saying he should be judged by his talent first and his strength of competition is secondary to that? That's fine, although it completes eliminates the validity of this statement:

"No to any ACC QB's who play against terrible defenses."


Glennon struggled in the ACC whereas Geno had some ridiculous 40/6 TD/INT ratio. Also just use the eye ball test. He's a sitting duck in the pocket and makes horrendous decisions.


1. Glennon's career numbers are more than adequate.
2. You're absolutely right when you talk about the eye ball test, 100% as a matter of fact but the point is the eye ball test and the SOS argument are two entirely different things. If you want to knock Glennon for what he puts out on tape that's fine, I'd even agree to an extent but if you're going to knock him for the defenses he's played you need to be prepared to knock Geno for the defenses he's played because Geno has played some god awful ones.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11715
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Glennon WV's supporting cast has NFL talent whereas I can name 1 WR for NC State. If they were in opposite roles the production would be different no doubt.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4193
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
To be fair to Glennon WV's supporting cast has NFL talent whereas I can name 1 WR for NC State. If they were in opposite roles the production would be different no doubt.


That's true. Glennon had the most drops of any QB last year. NCST had horrible receivers, especially their TE. That guy is/was awful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50195
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching a fair amount of video of the past couple of days. I want one name and one name only at QB in this draft, and I think we may have to trade into the back end of the first round to ensure that we do get him.

I don't like Geno is this offense, not near as athletic and many make him out the be. I don't really like the fit of Wilson either. I am not a fan of Glennon, Barkley would be laughable in this offense.

The guy I want is Zac Dysert from Miami (OH)
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 4489
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Been watching a fair amount of video of the past couple of days. I want one name and one name only at QB in this draft, and I think we may have to trade into the back end of the first round to ensure that we do get him.

I don't like Geno is this offense, not near as athletic and many make him out the be. I don't really like the fit of Wilson either. I am not a fan of Glennon, Barkley would be laughable in this offense.

The guy I want is Zac Dysert from Miami (OH)


I agree with you, love Dysert. I think he has a very high football IQ which might be exactly what we need IMO
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group