Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arizona Cardinals Draft - Quarterbacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
a QB should be taken in either the 3rd or 4th.

Round 1: Chance Warmack
Round 2: Oday Aboushi

Why do you say we should take a QB in the thrid or the fourth? The only reason you take QB later on in the draft is for developmental purposes.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a QB in round 3 or 4 who could start for this team in 2013. With Kevin Kolb, that's exactly what we need, someone who can start right away.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
a QB should be taken in either the 3rd or 4th.

Round 1: Chance Warmack
Round 2: Oday Aboushi

Why do you say we should take a QB in the thrid or the fourth? The only reason you take QB later on in the draft is for developmental purposes.

You either go out there and take the guy who you beleive can be the future of your team at the position in the first round, or you wait until the 6th/7th round to pick up a project that maybe you can flick off for more draft picks at a later date.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides that and I know this more an OL thread statement but Aboushi's a pure RT. Can't handle speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno at 7 is a no brainer. Can you imagine Geno with Fitz and Floyd. THE JUMP BALLS!

But yea, other than Jueckel, he's my top guy.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Geno at 7 is a no brainer. Can you imagine Geno with Fitz and Floyd. THE JUMP BALLS!

If by some strange turn of events we have the choice between Geno and Luke at 7 I take Geno 100 times about of 100. Positional scarcity and marginal value.

JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

If by some strange turn of events we have the choice between Geno and Luke at 7 I take Geno 100 times about of 100. Positional scarcity and marginal value.

Obviously you go with the QB with more upside, but I'd still be tempted to take Jake who is a 10 yr LT in this league and a second round QB if I feel like one of those 2nd rounders can be very good.

Elite LT Prospect and Good 2nd Round Qb

or

Very QB Prospect and good 2nd round LT

Last edited by JohnnyV on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Obviously you go with the QB with more upside, but I'd still be tempted to take Jack who is a 10 yr LT in this league and a second round QB if I feel like one of those 2nd rounders can be very good.

Bolded: I would consider this as well. The problem with going this route is you have no idea of who will be there in round 2. You'd almost have to swing a trade to guarantee your guy and that's not easy nor is it necessarily good. We're already thin depth wise and that's before we start cutting guys to free up cap space. Giving picks to get up and get your QB hinders your ability to build quality depth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have Kolb and Hoyer with a 3rd or 4th rounder (maybe Landry Jones, Zac Dysert). Drafting a QB in the 5th-7th hasn't worked, maybe they should draft a QB earlier. I wanted Cousins or Foles last year.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Obviously you go with the QB with more upside, but I'd still be tempted to take Jack who is a 10 yr LT in this league and a second round QB if I feel like one of those 2nd rounders can be very good.

Bolded: I would consider this as well. The problem with going this route is you have no idea of who will be there in round 2. You'd almost have to swing a trade to guarantee your guy and that's not easy nor is it necessarily good. We're already thin depth wise and that's before we start cutting guys to free up cap space. Giving picks to get up and get your QB hinders your ability to build quality depth.

Great point. As much as LTs are in demand, QBs are that x10

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I would have Kolb and Hoyer with a 3rd or 4th rounder (maybe Landry Jones, Zac Dysert). Drafting a QB in the 5th-7th hasn't worked, maybe they should draft a QB earlier. I wanted Cousins or Foles last year.

Thing is both Foles and Cousins are averag quality QB's. They are stay the course QB's they are QB's that get you 6-8 wins, if that.

Holding patterns are bad for teams, you don't get anywhere. It is where Arizona has been for the last three years, all it acheived is getting the Head Coach fired.

It sounds insane but I think that in the right circumstances winning 2 games it better for the franchise long term than winning 6 or 7 games.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Great point. As much as LTs are in demand, QBs are that x10

Not to mention this years draft is pretty deep in potential left tackles in the NFL, not so much in QB's.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

Jones and Dysert are not ready to play in 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Arguably, the only QBs in this draft that "could" be plug n play depending on state of franchise is Geno, Barkley, Wilson, Nassib, and Glennon. And that's being generous on some of those guys..
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Arguably, the only QBs in this draft that "could" be plug n play depending on state of franchise is Geno, Barkley, Wilson, Nassib, and Glennon. And that's being generous on some of those guys..

Which leads into what I personally would like to see happen. Either take one of the guys you mentioned or chase a veteran. Nothing else really helps this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: