Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arizona Cardinals Draft - Offensive Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
The Bama duo sets up our front for the next decade. Kolb succeeds with an OL and running game.


Jones is getting a little over-inflated here. He is not a Pouncey/Mangold type at center. He has benefitted from playing alongside two of the best guards in the nation all of the past year and some.


He was a reasonable LT (all sec etc) before moving to C remember that.


Yeah, but versaility does not make you a good player. Adam Snyder player LG, C, RG and RT in the NFL.

I know offensive line is a big part of success going forward, but Lyle Sendlein is not going anywhere so you are drafting Jones in the late 30's as a guard ahead of a guy like Larry Warford.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11725
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
The Bama duo sets up our front for the next decade. Kolb succeeds with an OL and running game.


Jones is getting a little over-inflated here. He is not a Pouncey/Mangold type at center. He has benefitted from playing alongside two of the best guards in the nation all of the past year and some.


He was a reasonable LT (all sec etc) before moving to C remember that.


Yeah, but versaility does not make you a good player. Adam Snyder player LG, C, RG and RT in the NFL.

I know offensive line is a big part of success going forward, but Lyle Sendlein is not going anywhere so you are drafting Jones in the late 30's as a guard ahead of a guy like Larry Warford.


Wasn't Sendlein one of the lowest rated OL this year? Plus he'll be 29 next season...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
The Bama duo sets up our front for the next decade. Kolb succeeds with an OL and running game.


Jones is getting a little over-inflated here. He is not a Pouncey/Mangold type at center. He has benefitted from playing alongside two of the best guards in the nation all of the past year and some.


He was a reasonable LT (all sec etc) before moving to C remember that.


Yeah, but versaility does not make you a good player. Adam Snyder player LG, C, RG and RT in the NFL.

I know offensive line is a big part of success going forward, but Lyle Sendlein is not going anywhere so you are drafting Jones in the late 30's as a guard ahead of a guy like Larry Warford.


Wasn't Sendlein one of the lowest rated OL this year? Plus he'll be 29 next season...


He is not going anywhere.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11725
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
The Bama duo sets up our front for the next decade. Kolb succeeds with an OL and running game.


Jones is getting a little over-inflated here. He is not a Pouncey/Mangold type at center. He has benefitted from playing alongside two of the best guards in the nation all of the past year and some.


He was a reasonable LT (all sec etc) before moving to C remember that.


Yeah, but versaility does not make you a good player. Adam Snyder player LG, C, RG and RT in the NFL.

I know offensive line is a big part of success going forward, but Lyle Sendlein is not going anywhere so you are drafting Jones in the late 30's as a guard ahead of a guy like Larry Warford.


Wasn't Sendlein one of the lowest rated OL this year? Plus he'll be 29 next season...


He is not going anywhere.


Great. That doesn't mean the position can't be upgraded...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50208
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Great. That doesn't mean the position can't be upgraded...


I guarantee Lyle Sendlein is our starting center in 2013.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 11725
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Great. That doesn't mean the position can't be upgraded...


I guarantee Lyle Sendlein is our starting center in 2013.


He's injured and declining so we'll see.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 4691
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is there at least one more year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group