Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arizona Cardinals Draft - Offensive Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
I can't watch this game tonight and think Warmack is a reach at 7. It's impossible. The kid's on another planet, I've never seen a college guard play as well as he is tonight and against a darn good ND front to boot.


Potter-Warmack > Lewan-Colledge

(imo)


Concur.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack needs to get a jersey that fits him first off, guts everywhere.

But he did slay tonight, so top 15 easy for him, maybe top 10.

We are in a good positon at 7, we can drop back a few spots and stil get quality plus some picks, or wait for a top 6 player to fall to us, if someone above us reaches or does something stupid.

I can see Moore and Joeckel slipping to us.

Milliner had a blinder tonight for those who didnt watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52982
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett Jones revealed last night that he played yesterday's game with a liscfranc injury, which will require surgery. He'll miss practically the entire draft process. Senior Bowl, combine, pro day etc.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Except we've had weapons on offense that can't be utilized because we're not solid up front so... Do you not think things would be different had we traded up that year?


It may have been mentioned and glossed over, or not mentioned at all, but; We have had weapons on offense that cannot be utilised becasue we have not had a Quarterback to get them the football. It has had very little to do with our offensive line, especially over the final 8 weeks of last season.

People want to attack that unit because it has been a weakness for a long time but the bottom line is that you can have a lot of success without a good offensive line. You cannot have success without a Quarterback.

Do I think things would have been different had we traded up for Thomas. No and they may in fact have been worse.

Left say to trade up to #2 to get ahead of the Browns we sent them our first round pick and a 2nd round pick the following year. We have no Calais Campbell.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 452
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Barrett Jones revealed last night that he played yesterday's game with a liscfranc injury, which will require surgery. He'll miss practically the entire draft process. Senior Bowl, combine, pro day etc.


Tough dude - I had heard rumors of an injury. I wonder if this drops him ala O'Brien Schofield - injuries with him are definitely the biggest concern. I guess it all comes down to where he drops to - great team player when he's healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 5983
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the injury will drop Jones, but not as far as Schofield did. If we pass on Jones in round two, we won't get him.
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinions on Fisher? I think he's very good but i dont think i'd spend #7 on him. He has been climbing up boards though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10 no

First round yes

Somewhere between 11 and 32 my prediction
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Top 10 no

First round yes

Somewhere between 11 and 32 my prediction


With Matthews and Lewan returning, this OT class has become weak. Is taking Warmack the best option? Maybe trade up for Joeckel?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack is option 1a

Pretty good choice IMO

If we don't go him, then what do we do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52982
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Top 10 no

First round yes

Somewhere between 11 and 32 my prediction


With Matthews and Lewan returning, this OT class has become weak. Is taking Warmack the best option? Maybe trade up for Joeckel?


Trading up for Joeckel without having a QB would not be advisable, IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52982
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly respected football man Gil Brandt called Chance Warmack the best player in the draft yesterday.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Highly respected football man Gil Brandt called Chance Warmack the best player in the draft yesterday.


From a physical standpoint, I've heard comparisons to Larry Allen.

Most of us on here thought David DeCastro was the best guard prospect we've seen in the past 5-10 years...Warmack has since blown that away.

Bottom line, we are about as weak as you can be in the interrior offensive line. You want a physical, mauler of a man to anchor that group of the next 7-10 seasons...you draft this kid.

We need to go from soft and finesse, to agressive and physical. We have the potential for it at the receiver position. No one else will be able to trout out size and athleticism like Fitzgerald, Floyd and Housler.

Time to match that at oline and RB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52982
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Highly respected football man Gil Brandt called Chance Warmack the best player in the draft yesterday.


From a physical standpoint, I've heard comparisons to Larry Allen.

Most of us on here thought David DeCastro was the best guard prospect we've seen in the past 5-10 years...Warmack has since blown that away.

Bottom line, we are about as weak as you can be in the interrior offensive line. You want a physical, mauler of a man to anchor that group of the next 7-10 seasons...you draft this kid.

We need to go from soft and finesse, to agressive and physical. We have the potential for it at the receiver position. No one else will be able to trout out size and athleticism like Fitzgerald, Floyd and Housler.

Time to match that at oline and RB.


Bolded: You know what the scary thing about Warmack is? He's a physical mauler AND he moves well too.

He blows DDC out of the water and everyone knows I loved DDC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Highly respected football man Gil Brandt called Chance Warmack the best player in the draft yesterday.


From a physical standpoint, I've heard comparisons to Larry Allen.

Most of us on here thought David DeCastro was the best guard prospect we've seen in the past 5-10 years...Warmack has since blown that away.

Bottom line, we are about as weak as you can be in the interrior offensive line. You want a physical, mauler of a man to anchor that group of the next 7-10 seasons...you draft this kid.

We need to go from soft and finesse, to agressive and physical. We have the potential for it at the receiver position. No one else will be able to trout out size and athleticism like Fitzgerald, Floyd and Housler.

Time to match that at oline and RB.


Bolded: You know what the scary thing about Warmack is? He's a physical mauler AND he moves well too.

He blows DDC out of the water and everyone knows I loved DDC.


He's an identity changer. He really is. You can't say that about Taylor Lewan etc.

Hopefully Keim, as a former guard himself who recently called out the lines overall physicallity at his presser, sees that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group