Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packattack's New Years Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Packattack's New Years Mock Reply with quote

We win the SB!!

Retired:
- DD
- Saturday
- Woodson

Resigned:
- Shields - quality CB and still young
- B.Jones - Good depth/versatility/cheap
- Dujuan - I like the way this kid plays
- Crabtree - Good blocker/ST's player
- Walden - Cheap/decent OLB

The rest are let go including AJ Hawk due to his high salary and the presence of DJ Smith. TT opts to let Jennings go get his payday.

RD1. John Jenkins DT Georgia - Big, powerful lineman that moves well for his size. He can become the understudy to Ryan Pickett and help us twice a yr vs AP. Games are won in the trenches, so adding lineman never hurts.

RD2. LeVeon Bell RB MSU - GB needs better RB's, Harris has been a nice find but Grant and Benson won't be back, and Starks may not as well. Bell is a power back that also has quick feet and good hands out of the backfield.

RD3. Tony Jefferson S OU - Jefferson is a physical, hard hitting safety that can come in and compete for a starting spot w/ MD and McMillian.

RD3. Khaled Holmes C USC - TT trades our 4th to move up and grab a talented center prospect to compete with EDS.

RD4. COMP - Aaron Dobson WR Marshall - Underrated player that can come in and compete. With 2 spots open at WR w/ the departure of Jennings and Driver we will need more depth.

RD5. Gerald Hodges ILB PSU - LB that has good range and instincts, gives us depth w/ Hawk gone.

RD6. Jake Stoneburner TE OSU - Played better at TE than at WR IMO. He has good hands and decent athleticism.

RD7. Jordan Rodgers QB Vandy - Ron Wolf said to always draft 1 QB each yr, so TT grabs Arod's little bro. Not sure why Jordan has gotten no love from pro scouts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Packattack's New Years Mock Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
We win the SB!!

Retired:
- DD
- Saturday
- Woodson

Resigned:

The rest are let go including AJ Hawk due to his high salary and the presence of DJ Smith. TT opts to let Jennings go get his payday.

RD1. John Jenkins DT Georgia - Big, powerful lineman that moves well for his size. He can become the understudy to Ryan Pickett and help us twice a yr vs AP. Games are won in the trenches, so adding lineman never hurts.

RD2. LeVeon Bell RB MSU - GB needs better RB's, Harris has been a nice find but Grant and Benson won't be back, and Starks may not as well. Bell is a power back that also has quick feet and good hands out of the backfield.

RD3. Tony Jefferson S OU - Jefferson is a physical, hard hitting safety that can come in and compete for a starting spot w/ MD and McMillian.

RD3. Khaled Holmes C USC - TT trades our 4th to move up and grab a talented center prospect to compete with EDS.

RD4. COMP - Aaron Dobson WR Marshall - Underrated player that can come in and compete. With 2 spots open at WR w/ the departure of Jennings and Driver we will need more depth.

RD5. Gerald Hodges ILB PSU - LB that has good range and instincts, gives us depth w/ Hawk gone.

RD6. Jake Stoneburner TE OSU - Played better at TE than at WR IMO. He has good hands and decent athleticism.

RD7. Jordan Rodgers QB Vandy - Ron Wolf said to always draft 1 QB each yr, so TT grabs Arod's little bro. Not sure why Jordan has gotten no love from pro scouts.
Stoneburner my only objection. Arrest record.
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Packattack's New Years Mock Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
We win the SB!!

Retired:
- DD
- Saturday
- Woodson

Resigned:

Jenkins is a massive guy that would definitely eat space up along that line. Between Jenkins, Raji, and Pickett that would be a lot of beef along our line.

I saw you have us giving up our 4th to get back into the third; I am just curious to what else we have to give up to get the additional 3rd. I like Holmes at the end of the 3rd from a value standpoint, but if we overpay for him it can change things.
dulatows

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thoughts.

I would have to turn down LeVeon Bell. There are 6-7 other larger backs that I would prefer over him (Lacy, Randle, Taylor, Stacy, Graham, Christine) that would be available in the 3rd or later. Bell is not widely considered a 2nd round talent, or even 4th round talent. He just takes too long to get going.

Like the positions at the other rounds, especially getting another DT early that can eventually take Pickett's spot. Jenkins may not mentally check out for that line to be worth a first round, but he has the physical tools.
packattack86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Packattack's New Years Mock Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
packattack86 wrote:
We win the SB!!

Retired:
- DD
- Saturday
- Woodson

Resigned:

Jenkins is a massive guy that would definitely eat space up along that line. Between Jenkins, Raji, and Pickett that would be a lot of beef along our line.

I saw you have us giving up our 4th to get back into the third; I am just curious to what else we have to give up to get the additional 3rd. I like Holmes at the end of the 3rd from a value standpoint, but if we overpay for him it can change things.

My bad, meant to give up the 6th as well, so no Stoneburner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: