Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tell me a lil about Andy Reid...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a post in one of the other threads here that sums up the non football factors he'll bring as well.

When he joined the Eagles they weren't a team you wanted to go to, play for, or support..... and look at them now.

If can repeat that in KC you'll be well set.

Here you go - Taken out the personal bit but it sums up what he did for the team and the city.

birdman0069 wrote:
Reid was clearly the best coach we ever had in Philly in the modern era. Forget the fact he won a lot of games. He changed the culture. Do you know how hard that is in a place like Philly? Players didn't want to come here. How hard would it have been to get a new stadium if he didn't turn this team around? This team is extremely popular nation wide because of the turn around that Reid started. He taught an owner how to be owner and how to run a successful football franchise.

Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To your second post

I think they'll try and keep Bowe...Andy and Co would be dumb not to. But I could see him liking Wallace a lot.

Charles will be put in a good place to succeed...though wont get to run as much. Perimeter runs, dump offs...screens if Andy remembers them.

As fr as the draft goes I really wouldn't be surprised to see him take Geno or Wilson or whichever guy he likes. Then work him along until he's ready. But then Joeckel is also a possibility because of Andy's dedication to building up both lines.

It'll be interesting what he does on D....I really have no clue.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think Albert would be his first priority - he lives and dies through the lines.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:
-Roughly a 70/30 pass run ratio
-Charles will get limited touches in the run game (will be more involved in the pass game)
-Burns timeouts at the worst time possible
-Always loses challenges
-Likes small, fast players (undersized)
-Highly values 'character' guys (not necessarily a bad thing)

Those are some negatives about Andy. A little harsh, but he certainly has some massive deficiencies. A thing that always bothered us Eagle fans was his failure to make in-game adjustments. With that being said, Big Red is a great coach. The past two years have left a sour taste in our mouths, but Andy's 14 years as a whole were highly accomplished. He really changed the culture of the Eagles franchise and put us on the map. He should be able to help lure in free agents and such.

A critical thing about Reid is that he's a master at developing QB's. He got a lot out of Vick, made Kolb seem like a potential franchise QB, and really helped shield some of McNabb's flaws. If you guys draft a guy like Geno Smith, he'll certainly be in good hands.

It's interesting to note though that Andy failed to win a playoff game after the death of Jim Johnson in 2009 (after 2008 season). In regards to your questions about the defense, it all comes down to who Andy hires. I think he should stick with the 3-4, but he'll probably bring one of his own guys in to run a 4-3. You guys should be fine in that regard, as long as Juan Castillo's not coaching the D lol.

Everything him and Phire said plus:

Expect the most predictable play calling in the league.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we play KC next season or the following season?

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:

Next season...in Philly

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

Next season...in Philly

Nice. I'll fly up for that game.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
AlexM23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a players coach who always takes responsibility for losses. He always seemed to get the most out of players when the team's back was against the wall, I think that was his best quality as a HC. On the flip side, expect the same 15 or so offensive plays to start the game week in week out, he's also pretty good at burning time outs for no apparent reason.

Oh and his post game press conferences are incredibly dull "need to do a better job" "that's on me" "time's yours"

Kiltman on the sig
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
He's deadly with YAC and on Slant routes

Theres something Eagles fans don't see every day.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
He's deadly with YAC and on Slant routes

Theres something Eagles fans don't see every day.

YAC ON YAC ON YAC!

If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go chiefer.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509317

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
How is he with leaving players in general? Does he look to keep them, KC has key ones, Bowe already mentioned, Branden Albert a damn good LT, Colquitt the punter. I feel since he's a player coach he'll try to get them to buy in and keep them as much as possible but since this is a new team maybe not.

Depends on how much he likes them. He doesn't keep problematic players around, nor does he keep old players around (he probably would have cut Ray Lewis by now if he coached the Ravens).

Quote:
As far as drafting goes, will he really skip the QB at #1 overall? KC hasn't drafted one in the first for so long its hard for me to stomach that with the first pick we'll go a different direction. Most people seem to think that he'll go to a linemen in the first, and QB 2nd. I'd rather he go QB 1 and 2 personally...

Reid will draft who he wants, regardless of what anyone else thinks. If he likes Geno, it'll be Geno. If he doesn't, he'll probably try to trade down. I do think that Geno could be a guy that Reid likes.

If he doesn't go for a QB, expect OL or DL.
TRUTH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll draft Geno, and pick up an old west coast QB to start the year and go 7-9
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This too:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509747

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy is a frustrating HC, but he is one that knows how to put W's on the stat sheet. Unfortunately, he pretty much ignores his defense, so you will need a very good D coordinator. Also, I can't stress enough how much players really do love him. He is a great guy, and people LOVE to play for him, so expect some bigger name free agents. One point that hasn't been mentioned is his loyalty. Its true he doesn't put high value on older players, but if he gives someone a starting job, he will give them all the chances in the world to succeed, no matter how bad they are playing (see Nnamdi, Coleman, Allen).

The one big problem I always had with Andy was play calling. I know its been mentioned a million times, but he will pass the ball so many times your head will spin. He simply doesn't like the run. He also has no idea how to alter a game plan at halftime. What you see in the first half is what you will get in the second half, whether it works or not.

I know most of this has been said, but I felt like putting my opinion out there. Very Happy

Overall, he will win you games. End of story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: