Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional Round: Baltimore Rayvens @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is remembered more highly?
Ray Lewis
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Peyton Manning
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
Yes..
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

draftguru1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Some unforgettable Harbaugh gif opportunities in this one. The yakety yak f u to Eric Decker confirmed him as a Baltimore man through and through.

Reminded me of the whole Billick to Harrison exchange in the 07 NE game.
ravens5520

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jim Caldwell earned a job next season if you were to ask me. The play calling did get a little predictable on first down, but it also set up some big plays later in the game. Otherwise, he called a balanced game and flacco stepped up.

Only thing I was down on in this game:
1. Vontae Leach disappeared in the 2nd half.. For how many runs we had on first down, you would think Caldwell would want his big all pro lead blocker help opening up some running lanes.
-- Did he have an injury?

2. Cary Willams was getting beat for most of the whole game

Great job to our offensive line and Joe Flacco for stepping up huge for us!! Could we have found our future at offensive line? I know Birk and McKinnie are older, but Osemele did pretty well at LG, Oher wasn't too bad at RT either.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised at the lack of Leach too. From what I've read the only player that came away with an injury was Pierce (which answered my question as to why he wasn't running the ball late in the game).
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens offered plenty of great quotes about resolve and a relentless spirit, which was their right after their 38-35 victory in double overtime. But nobody outside of their fan base should buy into such bluster. The Ravens won because they hung around long enough to take advantage of the Broncos' critical errors. That's the only way to explain the way this AFC divisional playoff game played out

WTH is that supposed to mean. Isn't that how we play to win games ??? To take advantage of people's mistakes ?

They didn't say that about the steelers in the AFC Championship game when they converted that 3rd and 10000000 on us to win the game.

Whatever let everyone continue to write us off wouldn't have it any other way.

The entire ESPN network was throwing dirt on our grave all week, so this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

They never admit they were wrong...and do an awful lot of excuse making and finger pointing when they are. I can't wait until they go into full press mode next week, regardless of who we play.
broncs4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys! It was a hell of a match! It hurts but we will come back stronger. I just wanna say that i will root for you guys and good luck for the remainder.

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please God let Super Bowl be Ravens-Falcons. Pray

Won't happen. 49ers are gonna smoke them.

Free Ray Rice
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
I think Jim Caldwell earned a job next season if you were to ask me. The play calling did get a little predictable on first down, but it also set up some big plays later in the game. Otherwise, he called a balanced game and flacco stepped up.

I think so too. He might not be a big name, or someone who will revolutionise the Ravens offense, but he's shown that he's capable of calling games that complement the pieces the Ravens have. He's getting the best out of Joe Flacco, getting Rice and Pierce heavily involved and creating balanced, effective offensive drives.

The series of 1st down runs that didn't get much was frustrating, but it did indeed set up bigger plays, once the Broncos had convinced themselves they knew what was coming. The draw play to Rice out of the shotgun worked beautifully as a result of that 'predictable' playcalling.

Now, knowing the Ravens' luck, Caldwell will get grabbed by a team in need of a head coach, and the Ravens will be back to square one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought you guys might enjoy this one.

"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lines gonna be up in a few. I think it's gonna be friendlier to us than people are anticipating. I'm guessing 6. Maybe 6.5.

Free Ray Rice
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Lines gonna be up in a few. I think it's gonna be friendlier to us than people are anticipating. I'm guessing 6. Maybe 6.5.

Laughing

Nope. 9.5. Way off. That's crazy. And +350 moneyline.

Free Ray Rice
JROD82891

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Laughing

Nope. 9.5. Way off. That's crazy. And +350 moneyline.

I've taken Vegas to the Bank the last 2 weeks, and sure as hell wont mind doing it again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if the line doesn't go down.
There is absolutely no indicator, past or present, that the Patriots will win this game by two possessions.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, pencil me down as someone who was surprised at the lack of Vonta Leach as well, especially since it was painfully obvious on first down we were running, we might as well put Leach in the game to get SOME sort of hole for Ray Rice to run through.

Those Singleback Ace HB Dive's were so hard for me to watch, and we never even tried to go PA out of them, either. It was just "hand off. run into lineman. 1 yard gain.". Painful to watch. We were playing for 3rd down, and that's the hardest thing, as a fan, to watch your team do. I'm all for giving Ray Rice his carries, but atleast call plays that give him an opportunity to make a play, not just "here, run this ball into the arse of Matt Birk!"

But no matter, it's over with and eventually it worked out. I would, however, like to see more production from the run game, since I don't think the Patriots will be as much in a giving mood as Denver was and New England loves to put CB's on TE's so if they're gonna do that, we MUST run the ball at them and make them put Spikes and Mayo in coverage against Pitta/Dickson.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man some of the posts in the Broncos thread before this game are absolutely hilarious. I love when we win games like we did yesterday and I'm just able to look at the all the hating nonsense that is spewed before a game is even played.
Integrity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Man some of the posts in the Broncos thread before this game are absolutely hilarious. I love when we win games like we did yesterday and I'm just able to look at the all the hating nonsense that is spewed before a game is even played.

I read the GDT in the Bronco's forum. The funniest thing is immediately after the game their thread was flooded with Chiefs fans! They were trolling hard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 47 of 48

Jump to: