Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional Round: Baltimore Rayvens @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is remembered more highly?
Ray Lewis
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Peyton Manning
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
Yes..
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

Author Message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14057
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.

But the Broncos, I LOVE the fact that they utterly crushed us, on the scoreboard, last time. That kind of score leads to inflated egos from the lesser players on a team. That score isn't going to effect Peyton Manning or Champ Bailey. Those guys are professionals. Those guys are going to be playing 100% no matter what. But rotational guys... a Robert Ayers type of guy... nickel/dime corners... the guys that aren't stars that don't bring 100% detail to every play... those guys are susceptible to getting hit in the mouth because they've underestimated an opponent.

The Broncos beat us when we were at the lowest point in our season, they beat a team playing with much less fire power and emotion, they beat a team that was simply trying to limp its way into the post season at that point. I give them kudos. They beat us handily. But like I said then, that game was much closer than the score indicated.

So the difference? It comes in the form of the lesser players. The stars are going to have to play well obviously, but in big games... 9/10 (last game being the one) you can depend on a Ray Rice to come through for you with impact plays, you can depend on a Suggs to make key TFLs, Ngata to collapse the pocket like a boss, Ray Lewis to knife through blocks and make plays, Yanda to bring his lunch pail. Stars have gotten to where they are because of details and consistency.

So this comes down to the lesser guys... and I like the edge that our guys have over the other guys. We are the junkyard dog backed into a corner. They are the prize fighter feeling good about himself. They're a dog wearing makeup and cute doggy skirts. They've probably been having a good time in practice "hoping" for a chance to get the Ravens over 'x' team, they've probably rejoiced and been talking crap to one another about how they'd rather play the Patriots than the Texans... or the Texans instead of the Patriots... just barely focusing on a Ravens team that the scoreboard tells them that they destroyed.

We match up well with the Broncos receivers. What I mean by that is- like the Patriots group- they lack multiple explosive threats FTMP. Their 'guy' is Demaryius Thomas, but I'm sure the gameplan defensively will be to keep contain on him and force Decker/Stokley to beat us 1on1. Decker racked up the yards mostly because he was targeted a heck of a lot... and our offense had a record number of three and outs to give him opportunity after opportunity to get targets in 1on1. I'll live with Decker having to beat us for 10-15 yard gains consistently. Ed Reed is eventually going to pick 6 one of those for momentum. Manning was rightfully cautious... and did a good job of picking his spots, but history tells us that Reed isn't going to keep guessing wrong against Manning as much as he did last. He's going to make some big plays if they're targeting the intermediate parts of the field.

So again it comes down to the lesser players. While they're going to have above average players who are going to come out fired up in front of a home crowd and rested, those guys are also going to come out less focused on detail because of the previous score. And I expect our guys who have already played a game... and who are on a mission to go beyond themselves and beyond their want for personal glory... and most importantly, who have already had their butts handed to them (scoreboard)... are going to play not only with energy to match Denver's energy, but to level that energy with the technique to get it done. The strength is going to be in those details.

Russell Wilson, QB of the Seattle Seahawks tells us this. His motto, "The separation is in the preparation" has gotten him to be the success he's been to this point. We know the stars will be there with that mindset already, but guys like Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe, Arthur Jones, and McPhee... the nonstars... these are the guys that are going to be the deciders. And I like them to have their focus at a higher level than those of their counterparts.

I think this game has aligned very much like the Patriots game where we stomped them. Peyton Manning is too good for us to stomp the Broncos IMO. But, in this game, I think these two teams are very much equally talented overall- Denver probably has an edge. But winning the details is where this game will be decided- and I'm confident in this team's mental fortitude top to bottom.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6835
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Foster is a beast in the playoffs, and your defense matches up really well, specifically Joseph has done a great job on Torrey 1 on 1 the past 2 meetings.

Then again there are no good matchups at this point in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12979
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.

Also the Texans aren't a talented team "riding high". Like us, they've experienced some trip ups heading into the postseason that have caused many to doubt all facets of their team. That bands a locker room together and has the "lesser players" that I was referring to in the previous post playing to their potential.

That and I realize that our defense is probably going to do their parts FTMP moving forward, but offense is the key. Our offense runs on Flacco's ability to make the key passes and to get into a groove. And Flacco is the kind of QB that if you give him a pocket, he can really operate on a defense, but the moment he starts to feel uncomfortable with his OL... he starts to rush his footwork to prevent fumbles from backside defenders. The Texans overall have a better pass rushing unit when compared to New England across the board. The Texans can expose Flacco on the backside.. and then turnaround and force him to not have a pocket to step up into with Antonio Smith beasting on Birk.

That and there is simply no answer to JJ Watt. Playing the Texans will make it a game where we have to hope that Schaub makes more mistakes than Flacco. Both QBs are in the same range... and you're playing at home. Foster has proven that he's a better playoff RB than Ray Rice behind his OL. So all in all, in a matchup of mistake free vs mistake free... I like your defense to be there to force more mistakes than ours... and I can't confidently predict a win.

But on the other hand, against the Patriots the game is completely different. The game is one where essentially its about our defense's impact on Brady vs. their defense's impact on Flacco. And in that battle, I like our defense to be more impactful against Brady than theirs against Flacco.

So in short, I think we matchup better with the Patriots than do the Texans.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 29430
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, if the Texans were to knock off the Pats at Foxboro, that sort of throws the whole 'slump' narrative out the window.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15653
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8687
Location: MD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.


"one of the best..."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15653
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.


"one of the best..."
Houston has played 2 home playoff games in its history. They have good home field advantage but its a bit soon to be calling them "one of the best".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22601
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.


"one of the best..."
Houston has played 2 home playoff games in its history. They have good home field advantage but its a bit soon to be calling them "one of the best".


...He's not talking about just in the playoffs. He's saying out of the teams that are left, the Texans have one of the best homefield advantages, and I agree with him.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15653
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.


"one of the best..."
Houston has played 2 home playoff games in its history. They have good home field advantage but its a bit soon to be calling them "one of the best".


...He's not talking about just in the playoffs. He's saying out of the teams that are left, the Texans have one of the best homefield advantages, and I agree with him.
Those are the same thing. And the Texans would probably be just ahead of the 49ers of the 8 teams left.

Curious as to what teams you think the Texans home field would be better than.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22601
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.


"one of the best..."
Houston has played 2 home playoff games in its history. They have good home field advantage but its a bit soon to be calling them "one of the best".


...He's not talking about just in the playoffs. He's saying out of the teams that are left, the Texans have one of the best homefield advantages, and I agree with him.
Those are the same thing. And the Texans would probably be just ahead of the 49ers of the 8 teams left.

Curious as to what teams you think the Texans home field would be better than.


Well for starters, Denver. New England, Atlanta, and SF.

Not better than GB, SEA or BAL.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15653
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.


"one of the best..."
Houston has played 2 home playoff games in its history. They have good home field advantage but its a bit soon to be calling them "one of the best".


...He's not talking about just in the playoffs. He's saying out of the teams that are left, the Texans have one of the best homefield advantages, and I agree with him.
Those are the same thing. And the Texans would probably be just ahead of the 49ers of the 8 teams left.

Curious as to what teams you think the Texans home field would be better than.


Well for starters, Denver. New England, Atlanta, and SF.

Not better than GB, SEA or BAL.
Yes the 2nd best team all time at home in the playoffs is worse than the team that's won 2 playoff games in its history. Laughing Laughing

Come on man I respect you guys as a posters but that's just bias right there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22601
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.



Confused why would you be afraid of playing us?

Reliant Stadium when the roof is closed is one of the best home field advantages that's left in these playoffs. The Texans fans really know how to get that team energized.
Denver has a 13-3 record at home in the playoffs, that's tied for 2nd best all time. Not sure how exactly you get Houston with the best home field.


"one of the best..."
Houston has played 2 home playoff games in its history. They have good home field advantage but its a bit soon to be calling them "one of the best".


...He's not talking about just in the playoffs. He's saying out of the teams that are left, the Texans have one of the best homefield advantages, and I agree with him.
Those are the same thing. And the Texans would probably be just ahead of the 49ers of the 8 teams left.

Curious as to what teams you think the Texans home field would be better than.


Well for starters, Denver. New England, Atlanta, and SF.

Not better than GB, SEA or BAL.
Yes the 2nd best team all time at home in the playoffs is worse than the team that's won 2 playoff games in its history. Laughing Laughing

Come on man I respect you guys as a posters but that's just bias right there.


Never said it couldn't change, and obviously my opinion is not the same as the other guy's opinion, but right now I would say Houston's stadium presents a greater home field advantage than the Broncos stadium does.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15653
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Never said it couldn't change, and obviously my opinion is not the same as the other guy's opinion, but right now I would say Houston's stadium presents a greater home field advantage than the Broncos stadium does.
And the facts would say that it isn't correct. Not sure how you can argue against the team that has the 2nd best home winning percentage all time. Denver also had the 2nd best home record this season at 7-1.

Maybe you should define what "right now" means, do the Texans have better home field because they've played a home playoff game?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21863
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
The Broncos were the team that I was most afraid of going into this post season virtually all season... but that has now changed. I'm most afraid of having to face the Texans @Houston. I think that's the most difficult path.

But the Broncos, I LOVE the fact that they utterly crushed us, on the scoreboard, last time. That kind of score leads to inflated egos from the lesser players on a team. That score isn't going to effect Peyton Manning or Champ Bailey. Those guys are professionals. Those guys are going to be playing 100% no matter what. But rotational guys... a Robert Ayers type of guy... nickel/dime corners... the guys that aren't stars that don't bring 100% detail to every play... those guys are susceptible to getting hit in the mouth because they've underestimated an opponent.

The Broncos beat us when we were at the lowest point in our season, they beat a team playing with much less fire power and emotion, they beat a team that was simply trying to limp its way into the post season at that point. I give them kudos. They beat us handily. But like I said then, that game was much closer than the score indicated.

So the difference? It comes in the form of the lesser players. The stars are going to have to play well obviously, but in big games... 9/10 (last game being the one) you can depend on a Ray Rice to come through for you with impact plays, you can depend on a Suggs to make key TFLs, Ngata to collapse the pocket like a boss, Ray Lewis to knife through blocks and make plays, Yanda to bring his lunch pail. Stars have gotten to where they are because of details and consistency.

So this comes down to the lesser guys... and I like the edge that our guys have over the other guys. We are the junkyard dog backed into a corner. They are the prize fighter feeling good about himself. They're a dog wearing makeup and cute doggy skirts. They've probably been having a good time in practice "hoping" for a chance to get the Ravens over 'x' team, they've probably rejoiced and been talking crap to one another about how they'd rather play the Patriots than the Texans... or the Texans instead of the Patriots... just barely focusing on a Ravens team that the scoreboard tells them that they destroyed.

We match up well with the Broncos receivers. What I mean by that is- like the Patriots group- they lack multiple explosive threats FTMP. Their 'guy' is Demaryius Thomas, but I'm sure the gameplan defensively will be to keep contain on him and force Decker/Stokley to beat us 1on1. Decker racked up the yards mostly because he was targeted a heck of a lot... and our offense had a record number of three and outs to give him opportunity after opportunity to get targets in 1on1. I'll live with Decker having to beat us for 10-15 yard gains consistently. Ed Reed is eventually going to pick 6 one of those for momentum. Manning was rightfully cautious... and did a good job of picking his spots, but history tells us that Reed isn't going to keep guessing wrong against Manning as much as he did last. He's going to make some big plays if they're targeting the intermediate parts of the field.

So again it comes down to the lesser players. While they're going to have above average players who are going to come out fired up in front of a home crowd and rested, those guys are also going to come out less focused on detail because of the previous score. And I expect our guys who have already played a game... and who are on a mission to go beyond themselves and beyond their want for personal glory... and most importantly, who have already had their butts handed to them (scoreboard)... are going to play not only with energy to match Denver's energy, but to level that energy with the technique to get it done. The strength is going to be in those details.

Russell Wilson, QB of the Seattle Seahawks tells us this. His motto, "The separation is in the preparation" has gotten him to be the success he's been to this point. We know the stars will be there with that mindset already, but guys like Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe, Arthur Jones, and McPhee... the nonstars... these are the guys that are going to be the deciders. And I like them to have their focus at a higher level than those of their counterparts.

I think this game has aligned very much like the Patriots game where we stomped them. Peyton Manning is too good for us to stomp the Broncos IMO. But, in this game, I think these two teams are very much equally talented overall- Denver probably has an edge. But winning the details is where this game will be decided- and I'm confident in this team's mental fortitude top to bottom.


Most of what you said here is either pure speculation. How in the hell can you say that rotational players and guys who don't start are going to be somehow less motivated and have some false sense of confidence? Based on what exactly? Are you speaking with these players directly? What evidence is there of that being the case in any Broncos game this year?

The prior game we played was NOT closer than the score indicated. It COULD have been 10-3 or 10-7 going into halftime, instead it was 17-0 and half and 31-3 into the fourth. Denver DID sputter a bit in the beginning of that game, I'll agree, but I believe Baltimore took 1.5 quarters to get a first down. It was close if Baltimore scored but instead Flacco threw a pick 6.

The third paragraph, I'm sorry, is a complete joke and all idle speculation. The Broncos have been a fairly focused team all year. I can point to games that many have called trap games to show that Denver performed well and continued to look prepared. I cannot speak to their mental fortitude for this game, but neither can you. I will say, however, that your team played a VERY emotional game last time, whether you would characterize it as such is up to you, and they may come out ultra-hyped again....or they may come out flat. The same can be said for Denver. But pitting your backups against ours by saying that yours will be hungrier makes no sense.

Denver has two very good receivers, who matched up against these same corners last time. No injury excuses there. Eric Decker made Cary Williams his personal whipping boy. I don't care how often he was targeted, he pulled down 8 grabs, over 150 and TDs. He smoked Cary all day. They held DT in check at the expense of getting torched elsewhere. They also gave up a big chunk of rushing yardage, something I notice you left out. The Ravens rush defense hasn't been spectacular this year. Denver has done pretty well in that area recently, and I see no reason why that won't continue. Denver also has weapons in their TEs and Stokley, as well as Moreno out of the backfield. They aren't New England, but can Baltimore cover all of these people and force Manning to make quick decisions?

As I've been saying, I am not guaranteeing a Broncos victory. I fully recognize that the Ravens can win, but the feeling I get from most Ravens fans is that their team will win because they are "hungrier" and somehow want it more, something that cannot be quantified, as well as the fact that they're "doing it for Ray." Denver's homefield advantage will be big in this. They have been good at home, and Baltimore's defense was on the field a ton last week, and is now going on a short week to high altitude.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Go_Ravens2


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 1988
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Never said it couldn't change, and obviously my opinion is not the same as the other guy's opinion, but right now I would say Houston's stadium presents a greater home field advantage than the Broncos stadium does.
And the facts would say that it isn't correct. Not sure how you can argue against the team that has the 2nd best home winning percentage all time. Denver also had the 2nd best home record this season at 7-1.

Maybe you should define what "right now" means, do the Texans have better home field because they've played a home playoff game?


Home records over the past 5 seasons:

Houston: 25-15
Denver: 21-19

Look I can pick and choose stats to support my side too! In recent years, the Texans have performed better at home than Denver has. Denver played 1 playoff team at home this year (coincidentally enough, Houston) and you guys lost. Meanwhile, Houston played 4 playoff teams at home this year and went 2-2 in those games (their only 2 losses at home this year). So you can point to having a better record this year as a reason for having a bigger home field advantage, but maybe its just you guys played an easier schedule than the Texans did. They were able to beat 2 playoff teams at home this year.

To your point about your all time home playoff record, sure it is impressive, but it means nothing about your home field advantage this year. You guys have had great teams in the past, so of course you won a lot of games. You have a different team now and using records from teams with completely different players is just irrelevant. Its like saying the Steelers should be the super bowl favorites every year regardless of who is on their team just because they've won the most.

SnA was simply giving his opinion. You are welcome to disagree with it, but don't come in here arguing his opinion is wrong because "the facts would say it isn't correct", when in fact the facts would say it is correct when looking at recent years with similar players
_________________

GO RAVENS!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 4 of 48

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group