Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft prospects?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23349
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
It would not suck if we drafted Cooper and Floyd in the 1st and 2nd rounds.


That, in fact, is my dream outcome. Laughing

Matts, Also consider the following:

OL:
Larry Warford, G, Kentucky [2-3]

DE:
Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina [1-2]
William Gholston, DE, Michigan State [2-4]

OLB:
Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford [3rd Day pick]
Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky [3rd Day pick]

S:
Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma [2-3]
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 16974
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interior offensive linemen fall. They always do. Even in drafts that are shallow at the position, and this year is extremely deep at guard.

Teams in the top-15 will likely feel very comfortable passing on Warmack, because they'll be able to land a different immediate starter later in the draft. I'd be surprised if he gets selected in the top half of the draft.

I'm not opposed to drafting Warmack at #18, but I think I would lean towards DL in the first. Since DL tends to rise and OL tends to fall, I think we'd probably end up with the best combination of players by going that route.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20054
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
It would not suck if we drafted Cooper and Floyd in the 1st and 2nd rounds.


That, in fact, is my dream outcome. Laughing

Matts, Also consider the following:

OL:
Larry Warford, G, Kentucky [2-3]

DE:
Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina [1-2]
William Gholston, DE, Michigan State [2-4]

OLB:
Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford [3rd Day pick]
Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky [3rd Day pick]

S:
Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma [2-3]


T_O7, you know that I have no objection with Cooper because of who recruited and coached him.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 43314
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper over Warmack??
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23349
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Cooper over Warmack??


I don't think he is a better player, I think he is a better fit.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Cooper over Warmack??


Cooper is more techinally sound.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3302
Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Cooper over Warmack??


Cooper is more techinally sound.


Plus more athletic.

For our kind of offense he is better suited. Warmack is better suited for a offense like the Seahawks or 49ers.
_________________

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 16974
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I change my draft strategy to BAPA.

Best Alabama Player Available.

Wow. Warmack is an absolute monster. Jesse Williams, too. Would love either one on our team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23349
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I change my draft strategy to BAPA.

Best Alabama Player Available.

Wow. Warmack is an absolute monster. Jesse Williams, too. Would love either one on our team.


I was on the Anti-Williams campaign, but Jesse has played really well tonight. Against a good OL of ND no less.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11048
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! Give me Warmack at @18 or trade up a few for him!!!

What a beast!!! Him and Smith on the left side is #dominate!!!
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I change my draft strategy to BAPA.

Best Alabama Player Available.

Wow. Warmack is an absolute monster. Jesse Williams, too. Would love either one on our team.


I was on the Anti-Williams campaign, but Jesse has played really well tonight. Against a good OL of ND no less.


Notre Dame's o line is ok. Georgia's is considerably better.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 16974
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Agreed! Give me Warmack at @18 or trade up a few for him!!!

What a beast!!! Him and Smith on the left side is #dominate!!!


After watching tonight, I have to agree. He is special.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20054
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Agreed! Give me Warmack at @18 or trade up a few for him!!!

What a beast!!! Him and Smith on the left side is #dominate!!!


After watching tonight, I have to agree. He is special.


Both Warmack and Barrett Jones are incredible. Warmack is clearly the superior player, though.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 43314
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Agreed! Give me Warmack at @18 or trade up a few for him!!!

What a beast!!! Him and Smith on the left side is #dominate!!!


After watching tonight, I have to agree. He is special.


Both Warmack and Barrett Jones are incredible. Warmack is clearly the superior player, though.


Absolutely. I think Jones could fall to our 2nd similar to how Konz fell.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20054
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Agreed! Give me Warmack at @18 or trade up a few for him!!!

What a beast!!! Him and Smith on the left side is #dominate!!!


After watching tonight, I have to agree. He is special.


Both Warmack and Barrett Jones are incredible. Warmack is clearly the superior player, though.


Absolutely. I think Jones could fall to our 2nd similar to how Konz fell.


It's possible. I'm not sure how likely, but it's possible. If it does, and both he and Sharrif Floyd are available in the 2nd, I'd be 110% behind trading back into the 2nd to ensure getting both of them.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group