Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official: Freeman will NOT be extended. Updated(Dom Speaks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Last time I checked, the offenses that are successful, have accurate QBs who don't live by the Deep ball and consistent shots down the field.

Need a QB that can be accurate between the sticks.

Sure, Freeman can turn it around. But it's not a good sign when you don't see the poise in Freeman. He looks easily confused. For a guy with his arm strenght, he under throws a lot of easy throws.

When is the last time you checked, exactly? The Giants won the Superbowl last year with Eli Manning at QB (58.6% career completion percentage, never completing 63% of his passes in a single season). He plays out of the run and shoot, an offense that relies heavily on deep passing plays. It's the same offense that we run. That same Eli Manning has 2 Superbowl MVPs and his offense has been in the top-10 in each of the last 5 seasons.

Your point holds no water. None.

With regards to the thread, this was pretty much expected. He killed his chances of an extension down the stretch.

Here's the difference:

Josh Freeman is not Eli Manning. Manning makes plays when he needs to in big moments in big games. Josh Freeman? Well you get this look...
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In four years, when was the last time Freeman played with a top 15 defense? I do believe none. I believe the last QB in Tampa to play with such a defense was Jeff Garcia. Please fix the defense.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
In four years, when was the last time Freeman played with a top 15 defense? I do believe none. I believe the last QB in Tampa to play with such a defense was Jeff Garcia. Please fix the defense.

Good point.

I hate to admit it and I am probably one of the biggest anti-freeman people in here...HOWEVER if we did have somewhat of a decent pass defense or even good, we would easily have 3-4 more wins(1st falcons game, giants game, 1st saints game and cowboys....as well as eagles...that's actually 5)

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Last time I checked, the offenses that are successful, have accurate QBs who don't live by the Deep ball and consistent shots down the field.

Sure, Freeman can turn it around. But it's not a good sign when you don't see the poise in Freeman. He looks easily confused. For a guy with his arm strenght, he under throws a lot of easy throws.

When is the last time you checked, exactly? The Giants won the Superbowl last year with Eli Manning at QB (58.6% career completion percentage, never completing 63% of his passes in a single season). He plays out of the run and shoot, an offense that relies heavily on deep passing plays. It's the same offense that we run. That same Eli Manning has 2 Superbowl MVPs and his offense has been in the top-10 in each of the last 5 seasons.

With regards to the thread, this was pretty much expected. He killed his chances of an extension down the stretch.

Here's the difference:

Josh Freeman is not Eli Manning. Manning makes plays when he needs to in big moments in big games. Josh Freeman? Well you get this look...

This is really nitpicking. As long as he isn't going all Cutler and berating people on the field, I don't think it's abnormal. Most QBs get frustrated and let it show. Plus with specific players like Underwood, you can see why he might react that way.

Freeman will be our QB next year. You should probably accept that sooner rather than later.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Here's the difference:

Can we sign you to play QB?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Good point.

I hate to admit it and I am probably one of the biggest anti-freeman people in here...HOWEVER if we did have somewhat of a decent pass defense or even good, we would easily have 3-4 more wins(1st falcons game, giants game, 1st saints game and cowboys....as well as eagles...that's actually 5)

I get the anti-Freeman sentiment. As a pro-Freeman guy, I believe under the circumstances the organization is taking the right approach at this time by not negotiating contract extension.

However, very few QBs outside of Brady and Manning are going to have difficulty maintaining consistent success with a poor defense year after year.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know freeman will be our qb. See my mock offseason am a strong believer in strengthening the defense. We lacked depth and a pass rush last year. Maybe add a TE and WR in te slot.

I will say this: competition needs to be added. I think in San fransisco Alex smith rose to the occasion last year when Kapernick was drafted. Freeman needs to rise to the occasion and step it up. Would I like an elite qb? Sure. But Id be pleased to see him just hit Wrs and develop accuracy and not look lost as confused. To me he doesn't so much poise and really let's errors get to him and affects him the whole game.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith is awful. No thanks.
blaine-stew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He WILL get an extension but it will be half way through next season or at the end of next season. Sure Flacco still hasnt been extended and his contract is done

I see maybe a Landry Jones midround pick or a veteran coming in to compete such as Jason Campbell
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex smiths YPa 7.97. Better than freeman.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8416/alex-smith
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the people saying not to draft a QB this year. I think we give Freeman one more year, sign a veteran backup and if after next year we are deciding to move on from Freeman we should look at a first round QB in the 2014 draft. I currently have us taking Aaron Murray in my 2014 mock draft. I wouldn't mind that so much.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we would all agree that Peyton Manning is better than his brother Eli and Big Ben, yet both the latter have 2 rings to Petyon's 1.

Eli and Ben have relied on great Defense and a solid running game to get them those 2 rings. Peyton never had both at the same time, and never was surrounded by the same talent as the other 2. The Colts were poorly put together thus only 1 ring for Peyton.

Freeman has a chance to be in the Eli and Ben category, but that relies upon producing a stellar Defense and a running game we now have with Martin and the big ugly's up front.

Honestly I don't like the chances of that happening by next season and Freeman might just be let go because of it.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manilathrilla1 wrote:
I think we would all agree that Peyton Manning is better than his brother Eli and Big Ben, yet both the latter have 2 rings to Petyon's 1.

Eli and Ben have relied on great Defense and a solid running game to get them those 2 rings. Peyton never had both at the same time, and never was surrounded by the same talent as the other 2. The Colts were poorly put together thus only 1 ring for Peyton.

Freeman has a chance to be in the Eli and Ben category, but that relies upon producing a stellar Defense and a running game we now have with Martin and the big ugly's up front.

Honestly I don't like the chances of that happening by next season and Freeman might just be let go because of it.

Not only that, but those 2 quarterbacks stepped up in big games and made big plays when they were necessary. They didn't take games over, but when the time came to step up and make that one crucial play, they did. Freeman crumbles in key games.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Not only that, but those 2 quarterbacks stepped up in big games and made big plays when they were necessary. They didn't take games over, but when the time came to step up and make that one crucial play, they did. Freeman crumbles in key games.

I agree that Ben has always had an innate ability to do whatever takes to win big games, but Eli was fairly similar to what Freeman is now before the G-MEN went on that 1st Super Bowl run.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manilathrilla1 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I agree that Ben has always had an innate ability to do whatever takes to win big games, but Eli was fairly similar to what Freeman is now before the G-MEN went on that 1st Super Bowl run.

That's the guy everyone seems to compare Freeman to nowadays, but just step back outside the realm of Bucs fandom and honestly think about this: "Josh Freeman compares to Eli Manning because Eli sucked early in his career, struggled with accuracy and consistency, but eventually picked it up and won 2 superbowls. Since Freeman also struggles with accuracy and consistency, he too will pick it up and be great."

(I know you didn't say that, just the thought I keep hearing around here.)

Eli fixed his huge issues to go on and be successful, therefore Freeman will? I don't see how.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: