Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: null Reply with quote

null

Last edited by Sr7252 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the better candidates but not the clear cut best…he has never called plays in the NFL and as much as he had the title of OC in NO he was pretty much so a glorified Oline coach…he has done a great job at Syracuse but there have been many good college HCs that have failed in the pros.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man idk much about him, was surprised he got the job over Lovie.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Thanks man idk much about him, was surprised he got the job over Lovie.

Everyone seems to be going offence right now.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, you just were trying to cause an uproar or something??

I dont think there really is a clear cut guy this year, the Chiefs obviously really wanted Reid but I dont think he would have been a good fit for alot of these jobs.

The whole thing with Marrone for Buffalo is that he is from Syracuse so upstate NY connection and such, like KC with Reid, Marrone probably was the favorite for Buffalo specifically.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:

I dont think there really is a clear cut guy this year, the Chiefs obviously really wanted Reid but I dont think he would have been a good fit for alot of these jobs.

The whole thing with Marrone for Buffalo is that he is from Syracuse so upstate NY connection and such, like KC with Reid, Marrone probably was the favorite for Buffalo specifically.

Didn't someone say Sullivan was from Chicago...?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:

No was just curious why a lot of teams chased him.
Gene

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he definitely wasn't, but he was a good one. Wasn't even in my personal top 5.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills have to move quickly and sign a guy who will coach them because they don have as much to offer.

Is anyone going to Buffalo over Chicago, Philadelphia, Arizona or San Diego.

They have to take the first guy they like before the bigger team get involved.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Was Marrone the best Candidate? Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Idk much about him but was he the best clear cut coaching candidate this year?

And if so why did we not get him?
Not even close. This hiring will go down in flames like the rest of the Bills choices. I thought this would be the only organization which would have hired Smith so it looks like the Bears are going to be on the hook for that salary. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by ChicagoAl on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
One of the better candidates but not the clear cut best…he has never called plays in the NFL and as much as he had the title of OC in NO he was pretty much so a glorified Oline coach…he has done a great job at Syracuse but there have been many good college HCs that have failed in the pros.
His record is laughable compared to Chip Kelly and a lot of other college coaches. His team was improving but there is no reason to think it will continue apace.

He barely has more wins than losses. This hire was the hire of a Loser Organization.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:

Both hirings will be big mistakes.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
His record is laughable compared to Chip Kelly and a lot of other college coaches. His team was improving but there is no reason to think it will continue apace.

He barely has more wins than losses. This hire was the hire of a Loser Organization.

And that has what to do with Marrone’s coaching ability? Kelly took over a team from Mike Bellotti that had just went 10-3 and was nationally ranked at #10…Marrone took over from Greg Robinson who had won 10 total games in 4 seasons…47 games and they won 10…to compare the situation that both walked into is pointless…

Marrone might not have been the best candidate out there but I have more faith in his college offence working in the NFL than Kelly current one…and you can only judge a guy on what he has done…not what you presume he can do.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

And that has what to do with Marrone’s coaching ability? Nothing and it will soon show that he is over his head. Kelly took over a team from Mike Bellotti that had just went 10-3 and was nationally ranked at #10…Marrone took over from Greg Robinson who had won 10 total games in 4 seasons…47 games and they won 10…to compare the situation that both walked into is pointless… Did Syracuse keep the same AD or was a different one working with Robinson? My guess is NO.

Marrone might not have been the best candidate out there but I have more faith in his college offence working in the NFL than Kelly current one…and you can only judge a guy on what he has done…not what you presume he can do. That attitude argues against hiring Marrone.
Sure we could hire the coach of Joliet Catholic, too. Marrone has never been the head coach in a real conference. He probably would have had little success even in the Big Ten had he taken the next logical step to a major conference rather than answer the call of a desperate and bad organization.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

And that has what to do with Marrone’s coaching ability? Nothing and it will soon show that he is over his head. Kelly took over a team from Mike Bellotti that had just went 10-3 and was nationally ranked at #10…Marrone took over from Greg Robinson who had won 10 total games in 4 seasons…47 games and they won 10…to compare the situation that both walked into is pointless… Did Syracuse keep the same AD or was a different one working with Robinson? My guess is NO.

Marrone might not have been the best candidate out there but I have more faith in his college offence working in the NFL than Kelly current one…and you can only judge a guy on what he has done…not what you presume he can do. That attitude argues against hiring Marrone.
Sure we could hire the coach of Joliet Catholic, too. Marrone has never been the head coach in a real conference. He probably would have had little success even in the Big Ten had he taken the next logical step to a major conference rather than answer the call of a desperate and bad organization.

And yet again you’re full of it…Marrone was the HC in an automatic BCS conference…to say it isn’t a real conference when the team who won the conference beat the #3 ranked team in the nation in a bowl game makes no sense…plus the Big Ten is no more a major conference than the Big East at this point.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: