Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now to the offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I'd bring him in to camp on a vet minimum contract.

Id worry about Collie and the amount of concussions he has suffered at this point in this career. He might be better off stepping away from the game before it takes a toll.

Well he'll be 21 months free from having a concussion. I think he would be a huge upgrade over Burton and Aromashodu, IF healthy and cleared by the medical staff. We need guys that can catch the ball most importantly. He runs great routes and sits in zones. He would be a good fit for the west coast scheme.
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoverInTheCold wrote:
biggsohnasty wrote:
Interesting stuff from Judd and Pellissero. If anything, it shows that about 90% of the posters on this site could do that job in some capacity Very Happy

It sounds like its going to be a busy busy offseason for Spielman. He's got to completely rebuild the WR core (potentially adding 3 new), he's got to tweak the Dline (resignings, restructures), find a new Mike LB (and possibly Will) and figure out who to extend in the secondary.

I think it would be wise to try locking up Chris Cook and Everson Griffen this offseason. I know neither is completely proven yet, but if Cook plays out the whole year, he will be due a huge pay raise. At this point, his stock is low enough where you could probably get him to a contract around 3-5 yrs, 15-25 mil, which is good for a plus #2 CB.

Jasper Brinkley will be re-signed, and barring a big pickup in the draft, will remain the starting MLB for this team.

Yeah Idk what I was thinking when I put that. Both Judd and Pelliserro echoed most of our comments about him in that he is ok in run defense but lacks the range to be an adequate 3 down guy.

Above anything, weather it be a MLB or a OLB, we need to find another 3 down guy. I assume Brinkley will be back, but we need to find a guy who can run and cover ground.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

]Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog
#Vikings announce Adrian Peterson had surgery to repair a sports hernia today. "No long-term concerns." team says. Adds layer to MVP season.
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked like he was struggling to get up the stairs to the stage at the NFL awards ceremony. It's nice to hear this might be the cause of it instead of his knees.
Freakout

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
#Vikings announce Adrian Peterson had surgery to repair a sports hernia today. "No long-term concerns." team says. Adds layer to MVP season.

3,000 yards!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Well he'll be 21 months free from having a concussion. I think he would be a huge upgrade over Burton and Aromashodu, IF healthy and cleared by the medical staff.

Concussions aren't like your normal injuries, and isn't really something that you can say "it's been 21 months, he'll be fine."
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

To add on..

Jay Glazer wrote:
So Adrian Peterson played last 10 games w a sports hernia. I think he's now my solution for everything

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
Well he'll be 21 months free from having a concussion. I think he would be a huge upgrade over Burton and Aromashodu, IF healthy and cleared by the medical staff.

Concussions aren't like your normal injuries, and isn't really something that you can say "it's been 21 months, he'll be fine."

You must have missed the part where I stated if cleared by the medical staff.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

3,000 yards!

Comeback player of the year, maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

You must have missed the part where I stated if cleared by the medical staff.

Right, I get that. But like I said, it's not like normal injuries where doctors can clear you and the concern is gone. Once you have a concussion, the susceptibility for another concussion multiplies by "up to three times." He's already had at least 3 of them since November 2010. No thanks.
dc_vikingfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main wishlist still is a Cover MLB, WR, DT, CB and OG.
NFL teams in general are abusing the middle of the field on offense with slot WR's and TE's.
The Vikings have struggle for years in coverage at the LB level. Most teams are in nickle so much that you only two lb. I prefer getting MLB over OLB for there ability and comfort level in playing the run in space.

DT- is a need with KWill age, weak pass rush and no one eating blocks so the LB's can be free against the run. Good DT's can also allow you to get a smaller but more athletic LB.

WR- This team needs a deep threat but more importantly someone who can simply get open on the outside. Granted Ponder could and need to do a much better job reading the d and finding them when open.

CB- Winny is 35 and Cook is injury prone. When either of them goes down our secondary falls apart.

Vikings gotta decide how much they are going to open up the offense. If they still want to be limited than there's no point in going after Wr Wallace (money) or Bowe(effort).
We still rebuilding and know the Vikings can't fix every problem in one offseason. However, the 1st four on my wishlist has to address.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again all the pundits reporting the Vikings draft picks were wrong.

Rick Spielman via a KFAN interview
"We got an extra 6th from Tennessee and that allowed us to flip with Arizona's 7th and get AJ Jefferson. We still have our original 6th."
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Once again all the pundits reporting the Vikings draft picks were wrong.

Rick Spielman via a KFAN interview
"We got an extra 6th from Tennessee and that allowed us to flip with Arizona's 7th and get AJ Jefferson. We still have our original 6th."

To be fair, the team posted this on their official Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151357198867836&set=a.106413462835.95713.64444137835&type=1&relevant_count=1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also what wobby, and everyone else that covers the Vikings said.

Was just pointing out that they were wrong.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
It's also what wobby, and everyone else that covers the Vikings said.

Was just pointing out that they were wrong.

It's weird how secretive the front office was over late round picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 16 of 90

Jump to: