Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now to the offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIDEO: Offseason Workouts
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@TomPelissero: Matt Kalil reveals his late season illness was pneumonia. He lost 20 pounds, finished season around 290.”
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@TomPelissero: Matt Kalil reveals his late season illness was pneumonia. He lost 20 pounds, finished season around 290.”

Damn, that sucks that he went thru that.
I'm sure he is working with trainers to try and build back up again.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, he can afford to buy groceries.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIDEO: Ponder, Greenway, Kalil & Others Talk Offseason
HighHopes

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
I'm watching NFL Network right now & they were talking about who's road to the NFC North Division title would be touched, Green Bay or Chicago. How disrepectful, they don't even mention the Vikes who made the playoffs last year & Chicago didn't make the playoffs, did they?

Because the safe bet is what the more stable QBs, until Ppnder proves himself the Vikings will never be offseason favorites. Analyst gotta look smart right?
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
I'm watching NFL Network right now & they were talking about who's road to the NFC North Division title would be touched, Green Bay or Chicago. How disrepectful, they don't even mention the Vikes who made the playoffs last year & Chicago didn't make the playoffs, did they?

Because the safe bet is what the more stable QBs, until Ppnder proves himself the Vikings will never be offseason favorites. Analyst gotta look smart right?

I saw that too...they even talked about how Detroit was going to be better and could maybe challenge Chicago for 2nd in the division...Not one single mention of MN and how AP _____ slapped the rest of the division....what a joke.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:

stable Qb?

Jay Cutler is far from being a stable QB. He's the most inconsistent one out there. Laughing

As for Stafford? Eh, I'm not too impressed. He lives and dies with Calvin Johnson.

Don't count Minnesota out because of Ponder. If there's one thing he's good at, its stepping it up when the pressure is on.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Stafford and Cutler have not been given any breaks . . . lol. Their offensive lines have been "abused" and that's led to days of frustration and futility against guys like Jared Allen, Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers.

I'm curious whether the Bears really fixed their O-line problems, and there may be an under-current of anti-Cutlerism stirring there with the new coaching regime. If he gets pummeled this year like he has the past couple years, the Bears will finish 6-10 or 7-9. However, if he's upright and given time, with Forte running the ball effectively, the Bears WR trio will dominate most any team they face. They could wind up 11-5, so who knows?

As for Detroit, they added Reggie Bush.

I think the Vikes are in better shape than those two teams. When Baca beats Johnson out for starting LG & the WRs elevate the unit, this offense will be formidable ----- yes, Ponder will perform better and more consistently.
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of makes me mad but I'd rather be the underdog than over-praised and given unrealistic expectations like the 'dream team'. We easily had the best off-season in the division and there's no doubt in my mind we'll finish better than the Bears and the Lions. I have them in the 7-9 to 9-7 range. 9-7 being extra generous in the Lions case.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings announced that they’ve signed former Cardinals tackle Brandon Keith. Keith was last seen as the starting right tackle in Arizona during the 2011 season, which ended early because of an injury to his right ankle. Keith, a seventh-round pick by Arizona in 2009, had other injury issues during his stint with the Cardinals and didn’t sign with anyone as a free agent last offseason. If he’s healthy, he’ll try to work his way toward another chance at a starting job somewhere in the league by serving as a backup to Phil Loadholt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/06/vikings-sign-brandon-keith/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen is growing out the mullet. Probably will be biggest addition of the off season.
milllllano

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Jared Allen is growing out the mullet. Probably will be biggest addition of the off season.

Championship.
eman9416

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:

Yeah, and Jay Cutler is such a solid quarterback. Give me a break
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Vikings announced that they’ve signed former Cardinals tackle Brandon Keith. Keith was last seen as the starting right tackle in Arizona during the 2011 season, which ended early because of an injury to his right ankle. Keith, a seventh-round pick by Arizona in 2009, had other injury issues during his stint with the Cardinals and didn’t sign with anyone as a free agent last offseason. If he’s healthy, he’ll try to work his way toward another chance at a starting job somewhere in the league by serving as a backup to Phil Loadholt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/06/vikings-sign-brandon-keith/

I love this signing. The guy has 20 starts in 26 games with the Cardinals. Super addition of depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 88 of 90

Jump to: