Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now to the offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikings209

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Vikings announced the signing of G Seth Olsen.

What's he been doing? Is he a starter candidate? I have no clue.

He was on the Colts last year and started four games for them. He's most likely just a depth signing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be another way we save some money?

----

Asked if he anticipated bringing legitimate punting competition to training camp, Spielman said: "I don't know. We haven't gotten that far yet in the process. I couldn't tell you."

Kluwe has been the Vikings' punter for eight seasons and has the highest gross average (44.4) in team history. But there is some important precedent and a few important facts to keep in mind here.

First, the Vikings unceremoniously parted ways with veteran place-kicker Ryan Longwell in 2012, a few days after drafting replacement Blair Walsh. If the Vikings weren't at least considering drafting a punter, or pursuing one of the top undrafted rookies, then Spielman probably would have said as much Tuesday.

Second, Kluwe is entering the final season of the six-year contract extension he signed in October 2007. Because signing bonuses pro-rate only over five years, the Vikings would not have to carry any of Kluwe's $1.45 million cap number if they release him before the start of the regular season.

Again, Spielman didn't say the Vikings want to replace Kluwe this season. But, notably, he also didn't commit to Kluwe as the Vikings' 2013 punter. This one is worth staying tuned for.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/54485/on-chris-kluwes-future-with-the-vikings
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longwell was not good at his job.....Kluwe had a good year, other than two games. And it isn't much money, relative to other guys who are making more money and are eminently replacable......
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluwe responds to the Seifert report:

Quote:
“@ChrisWarcraft: @espn_nfcnblog Ironically, my career statistics are nearly identical to Dustin Colquitt's, who is now the highest paid punter in the league.”
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com reports that the Vikings aren’t interested in Urlacher at the moment and that the only way that would change is if his salary demands come “way, way down” in the future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/report-vikings-not-interested-in-urlacher-unless-price-comes-down/

I feel like we've heard this story before...
HighHopes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
From Willmar, MN as well!

ooo, my Dad is from there, which is why Im a fan of the Vikings Very Happy lol
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@Asendejo: Extremely blessed to re-sign with the @Vikings for another season! #Skol #Vikes”
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
“@Asendejo: Extremely blessed to re-sign with the @Vikings for another season! #Skol #Vikes”

Another ERFA signs!
Freakout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good Q&A between Tom Pelissero and Leslie Fraizer.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/QA_with_Leslie_Frazier_Spending_more_time_with_Vikings_D_was_key032013?t=2

Call me crazy but he seems more concerned with the UT position than he does with the NT position.

He also seems pretty confident in Jerome Simpson and I agree that he did look good before his injury so who knows.

You can tell he isn't very comfortable with what they have at corner back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Pretty good Q&A between Tom Pelissero and Leslie Fraizer.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/QA_with_Leslie_Frazier_Spending_more_time_with_Vikings_D_was_key032013?t=2

Call me crazy but he seems more concerned with the UT position than he does with the NT position.

He also seems pretty confident in Jerome Simpson and I agree that he did look good before his injury so who knows.

You can tell he isn't very comfortable with what they have at corner back.
He should be more concerned with UT. It is the premier position in what the vikes run and Kwill has been over since 2009, imo. 2008 was his last elite year, where he could make, almost singlehandedly, the opposing qb look worse than TJ/ferotte and get us a division title.
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i were to base our draft off of that Q&A, we go MLB and CB with both first round picks.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleNation22 wrote:
if i were to base our draft off of that Q&A, we go MLB and CB with both first round picks.

Well, they needed CB last year too and still chose to wait until the 3rd rd. I don't know if they necessarily need to go get one before then again, maybe grabbing a guy like B.W. Webb or Wreh-Wilson (who appears to be strictly a zone corner).

While the Vikings certainly need to add more CBs to the mix, it doesn't have to be early.

Now, with the MLB position, that's a little different. If they don't get Minter, Te'o or possibly Brown, they might have to wait a long time and run with Audie Cole in the middle (which would probably be a worst-case scenario).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PurpleNation22 wrote:

Well, they needed CB last year too and still chose to wait until the 3rd rd. I don't know if they necessarily need to go get one before then again, maybe grabbing a guy like B.W. Webb or Wreh-Wilson (who appears to be strictly a zone corner).

While the Vikings certainly need to add more CBs to the mix, it doesn't have to be early.

Now, with the MLB position, that's a little different. If they don't get Minter, Te'o or possibly Brown, they might have to wait a long time and run with Audie Cole in the middle (which would probably be a worst-case scenario).
I think the vikes like some of the other young guys, too, at cb. even more so after reading the interview. But last year, we also did not need a CB more than a safety or a LT. Basically, spielman went in order of biggest need, imo, which is why i fear wr/cb rd 1. watch if we don't get a lb in free agency when the music starts slowing down....
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't fear it too much...any player the Vikings select at 23 and 25 could be considered the BPA, since they are all so even.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier seems to want a young, three down, MLB so I would not doubt that being one of our firsts. If we keep both of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 77 of 90

Jump to: