Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now to the offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Reality is, the Vikes could miss out on all the top free agent WRs.

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and I think if the Vikings miss on the really big guys then they will miss on Hartline as well. I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing to bring in 1-2 guys who are a little on the underachieving side due to circumstances (Barden, Massaquoi, Gibson, etc.) and then draft 1-2 WR's in the draft. You can do that strategy more so if Harvin is on the team but even if he isn't then it's still a step up from last year.

The defense is a bit more of a pressing need than we think. Some of our key players are getting old and the guard position is just a train wreck waiting to happen. Cornerback was a position that I thought was solved at the start of the season but we have to worry about putting a guy across from Cook.

I'd look at attacking the DT/MLB position more than I would with the WR position. The MLB position is one of the most important positions on the field in a cover 2 defense but the WR position is somewhat expendable with Musgrave's offense.
jam8891

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey what about Quinton Patton? Im not too knowledgeable on this years draft class but I am very high on this guy. Great catching ability, extremely gifted speed, perfect route runner, and most importantly to us...he's a threat down field. Seems to be underrated but definitely one of the best WR prospects in the draft. What do you guys think?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him as my third favorite receiver in this draft behind Cordarelle Patterson and DeAndre Hopkins.
jam8891

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I have him as my third favorite receiver in this draft behind Cordarelle Patterson and DeAndre Hopkins.

Well lets hope 1 of the 3 fall to us.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Hopkins and Patton should be there at 23, but there will likely be better players than those two available there. Hopkins and Patton and early/mid 2nd round guys.
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Both Hopkins and Patton should be there at 23, but there will likely be better players than those two available there. Hopkins and Patton and early/mid 2nd round guys.

agree on Patton, strongly disagree on Hopkins. Hopkins is a late first/early second at worst. He was dominant in college and his game transitions very well to the NFL
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

agree on Patton, strongly disagree on Hopkins. Hopkins is a late first/early second at worst. He was dominant in college and his game transitions very well to the NFL

Hopkins combine will make or break his stock. A bad performance and his stock should plummet. Just like any receiver really. Players like Patterson and Williams seem to be more craved on draft day than players like Hopkins and Allen. Mostly teams draft for potential, not college production.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
KeystoneViking wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Hopkins combine will make or break his stock. A bad performance and his stock should plummet. Just like any receiver really. Players like Patterson and Williams seem to be more craved on draft day than players like Hopkins and Allen. Mostly teams draft for potential, not college production.

I like Patterson, Hopkins, and Patton. I believe Patterson and maybe Allen will be gone by the time our pick comes around at #23. If thats the case, I say we will probably trust that at least one of them will come to us in the 2nd. Then we go with a CB like Xavier Rhodes to pair with Chris Cook who is going to be special (in my opinion) LB Ogletree for obvious reasons, or one of the top tier DE's. If that happens do we still think Patton, Hopkins, or Williams will fall to us in the 2nd or just not risk it with the first pick?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings have the 10th hardest schedule of 2013 opponents:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/72532/2013-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Broncos have the easiest, Carolina has the toughest.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Vikings have the 10th hardest schedule of 2013 opponents:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/72532/2013-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Broncos have the easiest, Carolina has the toughest.

at least the Lions and Packers have "harder" schedules than us.

honestly, it all kind of means very little to me. It gives you an idea of where a team is, or is headed to, but relatively the difference between the best team in the league and the worst team in the league isn't that great. Its all about match ups, and the conditions of those match ups.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland might be looking to cut Darius Heyward Bey.

Do you guys think he'd make a good fit? He's a good downfield threat. Still pretty young, but has had a lot of ups and downs through his career.

I'd like to pick him up, but I have the feeling he'd have a Bernard Berrian effect for this team. Be productive one year, and just slowly fade from there.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Oakland might be looking to cut Darius Heyward Bey.

Do you guys think he'd make a good fit? He's a good downfield threat. Still pretty young, but has had a lot of ups and downs through his career.

I'd like to pick him up, but I have the feeling he'd have a Bernard Berrian effect for this team. Be productive one year, and just slowly fade from there.

I agree. I have that feeling with him too. Would you rather have him or keep Simpson? Could you see us signing both? I feel its hard to say because we dont know whats going on with Harvin. If Harvin is kept there probably isnt room for both DHB and Simpson.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrius "Hands of Steel" Heyward-Bey? No.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Darrius "Hands of Steel" Heyward-Bey? No.

DHB was quite good in 2011, I wouldnt be so quick to throw him aside. He is a very explosive player, though he hasnt developed into the deep threat most had anticipated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. probably a lateral move from Simpson to DHB. At least Simpson knows the system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 21 of 90

Jump to: