Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now to the offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
How, ideally, I would see the draft work out.

The Draft
WR – Percy Harvin traded to the Seahawks for pick #25 and a conditional pick in 2014
*Bevell bangs the table to bring his former player to Seattle and pair him with Russell Wilson.

Vikings trade their 2nd and 4th round picks to move up to the middle of the 2nd round.

Vikings trade their 7th round pick for a 6th round pick in 2014.

1(23) – Shariff Floyd (DT) Florida
1(25) – DeAndre Hopkins (WR) Clemson
2(48 ) – Arthur Brown (LB) Kansas State
3(83) – Johnathan Cyprien (SS) Florida International
4(101) – Frank Winters (OG) Kent State
5(150) – Keith Pough (LB) Howard
6(181) – Emory Blake (WR) Auburn
7(201) – Khalid Wooten (CB/KR/PR) Nevada

Unfortunately, for all of Blake's collegiate success he lacks the elite combination of size and speed to get scouts excited about his NFL future. Blake may have caught the longest scoring pass in Auburn history (94 yards vs. Louisiana-Monroe) but he's a long-strider who builds up speed rather than accelerating instantly. He relies on shoulder fakes and body positioning rather than true explosiveness as a route-runner, as well.

The one thing that Blake does well -- and this will give him a shot in the NFL -- is that he adjusts to the ball nicely, showing good body control, leaping ability and soft, reliable hands to pull in passes. Blake will be looked upon to enjoy career-highs again in 2012 and his success against SEC competition shouldn't be ignored. However, he's more of a day three (rounds 4-7) prospect than his hype might lead one to believe.

--Rob Rang, CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664775/emory-blake

his dad was Jeff Blake, a NFL qb for 14 seasons.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Sector7G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

The Draft
WR – Percy Harvin traded to the Seahawks for pick #25 and a conditional pick in 2014
*Bevell bangs the table to bring his former player to Seattle and pair him with Russell Wilson.

Vikings trade their 2nd and 4th round picks to move up to the middle of the 2nd round.

Unfortunately, for all of Blake's collegiate success he lacks the elite combination of size and speed to get scouts excited about his NFL future. Blake may have caught the longest scoring pass in Auburn history (94 yards vs. Louisiana-Monroe) but he's a long-strider who builds up speed rather than accelerating instantly. He relies on shoulder fakes and body positioning rather than true explosiveness as a route-runner, as well.

The one thing that Blake does well -- and this will give him a shot in the NFL -- is that he adjusts to the ball nicely, showing good body control, leaping ability and soft, reliable hands to pull in passes. Blake will be looked upon to enjoy career-highs again in 2012 and his success against SEC competition shouldn't be ignored. However, he's more of a day three (rounds 4-7) prospect than his hype might lead one to believe.

--Rob Rang, CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664775/emory-blake

Sounds like a perfect late round pick Cool
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be a very good late round pick IMO.

Rang is pretty bang on in his assessment aside from the fact that Blake also showcased great understanding of the route tree and he truly shined during Shrine week due to his route running.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Blake also showcased great understanding of the route tree

you would think so, growing up with a long time NFL qb.

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch VD.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake was also a team captain this year for Auburn.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

The Draft

Khalid Wooten 6'0, 211#

Wooten redshirted his first year on campus after excelling as a two-way threat in high school (he was the league MVP as a dual-purpose quarterback and safety in his senior year). He only started once during the course of his freshman and sophomore years, but still intercepted two passes each season while totaling 31 tackles. He finally took full advantage of his opportunity to play in 2011, making 73 stops, picking off four passes, breaking up five others and forcing three fumbles.

As a senior, Wooten made 53 tackles, intercepted 2 passes (taking one back for a touchdown), and broke up 14 passes. Wooten also returned 16 punts for 242 yards. His play earned him a 2012 All-Mountain West second-team selection.

http://m.nfl.com/draft/profile/2539947/khalid-wooten/

What do you feel are your greatest strengths?

Wooten: "I would have to say my speed and my intelligence for the game. I can do it all! Played QB and FS in high school and when I got to college played corner, PR/KR and holder. So i would say I am a versatile player when it comes to football."

http://www.newerascouting.com/2013/01/28/2013-draft-interview-khalid-wooten-cb-nevada/

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooten was a guy who drew good reviews for his short area quickness during the Shrine week.

Despite his size he may be best utilized as a slot corner. I picked him because he would likely be a defensive upgrade to Sherels while also being able to contribute in the return game.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe was a free agent. His freedom was restricted by the franchise tag. In August, he opted to accept the one-year, $9.5 million offer.

This year, he’s due to become a free agent again. We’ve confirmed that the Chiefs and Bowe’s representatives currently are discussing a new deal. The Chiefs have made it clear that they want to retain Bowe, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/14/chiefs-want-to-keep-dwayne-bowe/

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the previous administration gone, that's not nearly as surprising. Andy Reid loves the passing game, so what WR wouldn't want to play in his offense.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under a new set of league rules, NFL teams will be allowed to discuss contracts with potential free agents starting March 9, or three days before they officially can sign those players. That change, designed to curtail the practice of teams gaining an unfair advantage by flouting league rules and approaching players early, could create a "truer" market for players this spring, Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said Friday, Feb. 15.

Spielman: "It's funny because now if anything gets done when free agency kicks off, you'll know why -- because there has been negotiations going on. You won't have to get a multi-million deal done in an hour now."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22600355/minnesota-vikings-can-start-talking-free-agents-march

Webmaster wrote:
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are people's thoughts on Brian Hartline?

I know it's doubtful that he'll hit the open market, but if he does test free agency, I think he'd be a perfect fit in our offense, and definitely fits the type of player that Spielman seems to like.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:

I know it's doubtful that he'll hit the open market, but if he does test free agency, I think he'd be a perfect fit in our offense, and definitely fits the type of player that Spielman seems to like.

I like Hartline a lot. He isnt much of a big play threat and doesnt score much, but he is a very reliable receiver in the intermediate passing game and has produced a very good average over his career.

Hartline seems like the ideal #2 WR.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:

I think he's being extremely overrated. Outside of his monster game against Arizona, he was incredibly pedestrian against some very average-poor pass defenses. He scored one TD all year. Some team will give him too much money, I just hope it's not the Vikings.

If he was brought in as our #1, we'd be in no better shape than this year. He is a career #2-3 guy in my book.

If we could get him for mid-level #2 WR money, then fine, but anything more than that would be a poor use of resources.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality is, the Vikes could miss out on all the top free agent WRs. Someone like Hartline is clearly better than the middle tier free agents available.

The Vikings must draft a player who can be that true #1, but in the meantime, Hartline would drastically improve one of the outside receiving spots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 20 of 90

Jump to: