Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now to the offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@TomPelissero: Frazier also says all his coaches will be back, with the exception of Cam Turner, who (as previously reported) joined dad at FIU. #Vikings”
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
The guys at 1500ESPN gave a general offseason preview for the offense.

http://youtu.be/785znf3Xez4

Primary talking points were Ponder, Musgrave, Harvin/WRs.

Here's the defense video:

http://youtu.be/8MU4r9QY8bY
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff from Judd and Pellissero. If anything, it shows that about 90% of the posters on this site could do that job in some capacity Very Happy

It sounds like its going to be a busy busy offseason for Spielman. He's got to completely rebuild the WR core (potentially adding 3 new), he's got to tweak the Dline (resignings, restructures), find a new Mike LB (and possibly Will) and figure out who to extend in the secondary.

I think it would be wise to try locking up Chris Cook and Everson Griffen this offseason. I know neither is completely proven yet, but if Cook plays out the whole year, he will be due a huge pay raise. At this point, his stock is low enough where you could probably get him to a contract around 3-5 yrs, 15-25 mil, which is good for a plus #2 CB.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may sound a little crazy but I think the Vikings should sign Adam "Pacman" Jones. I think he has learned his lesson about acting immature and is ready to focus on football. He only made 950k last year for Cincy, so he could be signed for relatively cheap. He could also return punts. He would be an upgrade at CB and punt returns from Sherels. Just an idea.
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
It may sound a little crazy but I think the Vikings should sign Adam "Pacman" Jones. I think he has learned his lesson about acting immature and is ready to focus on football. He only made 950k last year for Cincy, so he could be signed for relatively cheap. He could also return punts. He would be an upgrade at CB and punt returns from Sherels. Just an idea.

It's a good idea I think, but let's assume his off the field issues are over.

The problems then are that he is 30, he doesn't offer us much more that we couldn't try to find in another player with a lot of potential, and the big thing is, the Vikes won't do it.

I like the idea though.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A FA I like at CB is Bradley Fletcher of the St. Louis Rams. Had 4 INTs as a starter in 2010, blew out his knee in 2011, and got buried behind Finnegan and 2 draft picks on the depth chart in 2012 despite playing well (+3.8 rating on PFF with only 374 snaps). Fits the mold of a Spielman signing. He's only 26 years old and should be relatively cheap with starter upside.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
A FA I like at CB is Bradley Fletcher of the St. Louis Rams. Had 4 INTs as a starter in 2010, blew out his knee in 2011, and got buried behind Finnegan and 2 draft picks on the depth chart in 2012 despite playing well (+3.8 rating on PFF with only 374 snaps). Fits the mold of a Spielman signing. He's only 26 years old and should be relatively cheap with starter upside.

I like Fletcher, he would be a great addition. What about CB Mike Jenkins from Dallas? I think he could use a fresh start, has good press coverage skills.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Sam Shields, Aquib Talib, Cary Williams, Demarcus Van Dyke (he would be a good cheap pick up)?
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:

I like Fletcher, he would be a great addition. What about CB Mike Jenkins from Dallas? I think he could use a fresh start, has good press coverage skills.

Don't love Jenkins, he has seemed at times to be a big of handful, and I like him better in a man system than a zone system (and I don't think that he'll come all that cheap). Talib is probably an instant rejection for the Vikings, too many off the field issues, has good talent, but is probably one dumb thing away from missing half a season. Shields and Williams will probably garner a lot of attention/money. DeMarcus Van Dyke is someone interesting though, a bit thin, but has good size. I don't know why he was let go by the Raiders though, and he didn't see much time with the Steelers, so I'd have to look into him more.

LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
Interesting stuff from Judd and Pellissero. If anything, it shows that about 90% of the posters on this site could do that job in some capacity Very Happy

It sounds like its going to be a busy busy offseason for Spielman. He's got to completely rebuild the WR core (potentially adding 3 new), he's got to tweak the Dline (resignings, restructures), find a new Mike LB (and possibly Will) and figure out who to extend in the secondary.

I think it would be wise to try locking up Chris Cook and Everson Griffen this offseason. I know neither is completely proven yet, but if Cook plays out the whole year, he will be due a huge pay raise. At this point, his stock is low enough where you could probably get him to a contract around 3-5 yrs, 15-25 mil, which is good for a plus #2 CB.

Jasper Brinkley will be re-signed, and barring a big pickup in the draft, will remain the starting MLB for this team.

Adopt-a-Viking: Rhett Ellison
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings center John Sullivan had microfracture surgery on his left knee last week. Microfracture surgery is used to repair the articular cartilage by creating tiny fractures in the underlying bone, causing new cartilage to develop. He is expected to have a three- to four-month rehabilitation and be available for training camp, according to the report.

Sullivan has played in all but three games in his five-year NFL career, missing one game in 2011 and two in 2010. He has been the team’s starting center since 2009, after Matt Birk left for Baltimore via free agency.

http://min.scout.com/2/1264641.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts and opinions on:

WR Austin Collie- (6'1 200lbs) High character guy, had some injuries and concussions throughout his career. Could be a great pick up because of his ability to catch the ball. catches-173/ targets-260=66.5%, Aromashodu catches-78/targets-188= 41.4%
Collie has worked with Peyton Manning, so I'm sure he has a great understanding for the game. He runs very precise routes, has great hands, and keeps the chains moving. He seems like a Spielman FA, he wore #9 in college and could wear #19 when Aromashodu gets the boot.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Thoughts and opinions on:

WR Austin Collie- (6'1 200lbs) High character guy, had some injuries and concussions throughout his career. Could be a great pick up because of his ability to catch the ball. catches-173/ targets-260=66.5%, Aromashodu catches-78/targets-188= 41.4%
Collie has worked with Peyton Manning, so I'm sure he has a great understanding for the game. He runs very precise routes, has great hands, and keeps the chains moving. He seems like a Spielman FA, he wore #9 in college and could wear #19 when Aromashodu gets the boot.

Id pass. His injuries are a concern, and collie has mostly been a slot receiver. He doesnt have the skills to be on the outside and we have enough of those types in Harvin, Wright and Burton.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bring him in to camp on a vet minimum contract.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'd bring him in to camp on a vet minimum contract.

Id worry about Collie and the amount of concussions he has suffered at this point in this career. He might be better off stepping away from the game before it takes a toll.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 15 of 90

Jump to: