Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now to the offseason...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I agree that Griffen is a player that must be resigned. He is more vital going forward than Brian Robison given the age difference.

Personally i feel Griffen should be starting over Robison. You are also spot on about the age difference IMO.

Not saying I would advocate this, but would Robison have any trade value? I realize it would hurt our depth and most likely add a need of DE. Thoughts?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I agree that Griffen is a player that must be resigned. He is more vital going forward than Brian Robison given the age difference.

Personally i feel Griffen should be starting over Robison. You are also spot on about the age difference IMO.

Not saying I would advocate this, but would Robison have any trade value? I realize it would hurt our depth and most likely add a need of DE. Thoughts?

I dont think you trade either of them. The depth is what makes the Dline so effective.

I hope the Vikes can keep all three DEs going forward, but chances are Robison will likely walk and the Vikes will look for a new reserve DE allowing Griffen to start. I am in the start Griffen camp as well.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Robison would have little trade value, just based on age/contract/medium production. Robison is close to a pure LDE

I like Everson and provides us insurance on DT options incase we dont retain K-Will. Not as a full time DT, but maybe a DT on 2nd/3rd and long downs, beside Fred Evans.

I would expect that by opening day 2014, Everson is the starting LDE and we've added a DT by then.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL.com has Patterson rated above Justin Hunter at 89.6 overall and 86.8 overall, respectively. Alec Ogletree is only an 84. Those ratings on NFL.com tend to be a little goofy, and they never say which draft "expert(s)" wrote the analysis, but still something to read.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I dont think you trade either of them. The depth is what makes the Dline so effective.

I hope the Vikes can keep all three DEs going forward, but chances are Robison will likely walk and the Vikes will look for a new reserve DE allowing Griffen to start. I am in the start Griffen camp as well.

Agreed depth in the trenches is a good thing especially on defense.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect us to draft a DE this year around the 4th or so, and groom him. We won't keep all three guys past next year, so need to keep adding depth.

It's kind of like what we did in 2010. We had Allen/Edwards/Robison, drafted Griffen. In 2011 offseason, we let Edwards go and went with Allen/Robison/Griffen.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
I'd expect us to draft a DE this year around the 4th or so, and groom him. We won't keep all three guys past next year, so need to keep adding depth.

It's kind of like what we did in 2010. We had Allen/Edwards/Robison, drafted Griffen. In 2011 offseason, we let Edwards go and went with Allen/Robison/Griffen.

Agreed, I think they are a lock to take a DE at some point this year.
cckoonie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
NFL.com has Patterson rated above Justin Hunter at 89.6 overall and 86.8 overall, respectively. Alec Ogletree is only an 84. Those ratings on NFL.com tend to be a little goofy, and they never say which draft "expert(s)" wrote the analysis, but still something to read.

I might be the only one but I like Hunter better than Patterson for this team. I like Allen better than Patterson as well.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Prospect Rankings for MIN (my rankings):

1) Keenan Allen - nice and physical
2) Terrance Williams - speed & height
3) Da'Rick Rogers - wont be selected here, but I like what he brings
4) Cordarrelle Patterson - raw but alot of potential
5) Justin Hunter - came on strong at the end
6) DeAndre Hopkins

If I was selecting, I would take the value in Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd round (#53) and take the best defensive player in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

6) DeAndre Hopkins

If I was selecting, I would take the value in Da'Rick Rogers in the 2nd round (#53) and take the best defensive player in the 1st round.

I dont really like the defensive prospects in round 1 where the Vikes will be picking outside of Kevin Minter. Pretty poor class for what we need in round 1 on defense.

I do like Allen, Williams, Patterson and Hopkins out of the ones on your list.

I like Rogers as well, but i dont think he is very likely. I am not a fan of Hunter for this offense, while his skills as a down field receiver will be huge, I think Ponder needs a reliable intermediate level receiver more than anything. Someone who can keep the chains moving, occasionally get down field and certainly put up some YAC.

I think Hunter is a better fit on an offense like Browns who will look to chuck the ball around down field with there new head coaches history.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

6) DeAndre Hopkins

1. Allen
2. Williams
3. Hopkins
4. Patterson
5. Hunter
6. Rogers
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Minter is the defensive player I most like in round one, as a 3 down defensive player, who have a realistic shot of being available.

Minter, Rodgers,

I want a long distance threat more then an intermediate threat. I think that would benefit Ponder more, based on the expected existing personel that going to be on this roster.

I want that intermidate zone to be Klye/Percy/Wrights zone. I think the offense will work better with a deep threat taking "1.5 defensive guys" out of that intermidate zone. Give them more space to work in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Allen
2. Patterson
3. Hopkins
4. Williams
5. Patton
6. Woods

I think that the ideal scenario would either be to take Allen or Patterson if they fall to #23. If that doesn't happen then trade back a few picks, take Minter and then take one of the bottom 2 on the list with the second round pick.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

Not surprising. I think Patterson ends up as the 1st WR off the board and inside the Top 15. Not a fan of Patterson, but is stock is on the rise and it will go higher once he gets to the combine. After that I think it goes Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrence Williams and Robert Woods to round out the top 5.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, Patterson has the highest ceiling of all the 1st round WRs. But in my opinion he will have a longer learning curve then others, given the average QB. He also potentially has the lowest floor if things go wrong because he is quite raw.

Allen has a slightly higher ceiling to me over Williams. Both Allen and Williams have higher floors then Patterson to me as well.

Patterson = 70-91
Allen = 77-88
Williams = 80-85

Those are my completely abritrary range of values on those 3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 13 of 90

Jump to: