Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doug Marrone Hired To Be Next HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
Sean Payton on Marrone:

"Really, he had a couple of specific questions and the one thing that I can recall our conversations centering around was the comfort level (with the team)," Payton said Sunday. "There's somebody you're going to meet in the process that you're going to work with and turn the program around. Any of these job openings, they all have weaknesses because they wouldn't be open if they didn't.

"I kind of really equated it to the process I went through and having a chance to meet and get to know Mickey (Loomis) and Mr. (Tom) Benson. There are a lot of thing you could find wrong with certain jobs, but you have to find that certain person or two and the ownership you feel that can really help you. I felt that way, and I think in Doug's case, I went back to that experience with him. The interaction you have with your general manager and your owner is going to be not just occasional. It's going to be daily. You've got to have a comfort level."

Payton called Marrone "a great leader" and "a great teacher."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/01/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_220.html#incart_river

I'm glad to hear that, the Bills desperately need a leader.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the NFL News section as well, and thought i should share it amongst each other..

Trentwannabe wrote:
Quote:

Bill Belichick was 36-44 as a HC with the Browns, the Patriots did their homework, didn't listen to ignorant fans, and made a great decisions. Am I saying Marrone is Belichick? Absolutely not. But the truth is, the people doing the interviewing know a lot more then any of us do about these guys, and it goes WAY beyond the stats of win loss record and playoff appearances. It comes down to actual coaching and fundamentals.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Marrone will be a tremendous hire. Wise move by Management. Comes from Paul Hackett's tutelage. Remember those yearly rumors about Brian Schottenheimer? Bills hope Marrone can be their Mike McCarthy- who he replaced in New Orleans as Offensive Coordinator after his Jets stint.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Buffalo Bills have come a LONG way in just one week.
Dancing Applause

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he works out for you guys.

We were calling him Dog Moron in our coach options thread. hopefully I'm wrong.

I root for the other down on there luck teams. I know what it feels like.

Our coach hunt has turned into a right Cluster Duck.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
Sean Payton on Marrone:

"Really, he had a couple of specific questions and the one thing that I can recall our conversations centering around was the comfort level (with the team)," Payton said Sunday. "There's somebody you're going to meet in the process that you're going to work with and turn the program around. Any of these job openings, they all have weaknesses because they wouldn't be open if they didn't.

"I kind of really equated it to the process I went through and having a chance to meet and get to know Mickey (Loomis) and Mr. (Tom) Benson. There are a lot of thing you could find wrong with certain jobs, but you have to find that certain person or two and the ownership you feel that can really help you. I felt that way, and I think in Doug's case, I went back to that experience with him. The interaction you have with your general manager and your owner is going to be not just occasional. It's going to be daily. You've got to have a comfort level."

Payton called Marrone "a great leader" and "a great teacher."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/01/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_220.html#incart_river

Irrelevant now IMO, every coach we have brought in since Marv Levy called it quits has had some praise from a NFL colleague.
swolfdab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it for what you may- Doug Marrone & Ryan Fitzpatrick share the same agent Jimmy Sexton. Could Fitz be part of the longterm plan?
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Take it for what you may- Doug Marrone & Ryan Fitzpatrick share the same agent Jimmy Sexton. Could Fitz be part of the longterm plan?
I think its nothing more than a coincidence. Fitz may remain on the roster but I can't imagine he is in the long term plan. Not as a starter anyway.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
I think its nothing more than a coincidence. Fitz may remain on the roster but I can't imagine he is in the long term plan. Not as a starter anyway.

Yea, if he makes the same exact mistake Chan made, he'd be digging his own grave.

@Horny:

Feel bad for you Browns fans as well, know exactly what it's like to have sucked forever.

Hope you guys get a great HC that turns your team around as well.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

Yea, no way he lasts in Marrone's offense. He can't throw it deep, nor can he be accurate. But, he does have a good head and I like him personally so he would be good to keep him as a backup.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Marrone is from the Bronx, he coached Syracuse, and now he has a job in Buffalo. Maybe staying in the same state is important for him and he'll be able to focus solely on football with his family so close.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, It seems to be about 50/50 around here on the Doug Marrone hire. For what it's worth, I think he's the savior to your franchise. He is night and day from Chan Gailey. I was impressed by his introductory news conference this morning, he seems to have a great understanding of what it takes to become successful in the NFL... He's seems very intune with the differences between the college game and the pro game. I'm not buying the "he was barely .500 at a low level university such as Syracuse, how can he possibly be successful as a HC in the NFL". I think thats a load of BS. He turned a franchise that hasn't been successful in over a decade, to a Pinstripe Bowl victory with a 6-2 big East record. He seems to run an extremely balanced team, offensively and defensively, ranking in the top 50 in NCAA in PPG, Passing yards, Rushing yards, and points against. Your Offense would have a chance of REGRESSING had you hired Lovie Smith to be your HC, no doubt your Defense would be top 10 but this is an offensive game nowadays. If Marrone can be successful in chosing his coordinators/supporting coaching staff than you guys are in for a surprise IMO. Have some optimism, I think this was the best Hire you could've asked for.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marrone said he wanted experienced coordinators, especially on defense. Do you think we could possibly get Lovie as DC? I can't see him going to Arizona or San Diego and there are not a lot of jobs left. That would be quite the coup imo.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Marrone said he wanted experienced coordinators, especially on defense. Do you think we could possibly get Lovie as DC? I can't see him going to Arizona or San Diego and there are not a lot of jobs left. That would be quite the coup imo.

I'd cry.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: