Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doug Marrone Hired To Be Next HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14638
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
Sean Payton on Marrone:

"Really, he had a couple of specific questions and the one thing that I can recall our conversations centering around was the comfort level (with the team)," Payton said Sunday. "There's somebody you're going to meet in the process that you're going to work with and turn the program around. Any of these job openings, they all have weaknesses because they wouldn't be open if they didn't.

"I kind of really equated it to the process I went through and having a chance to meet and get to know Mickey (Loomis) and Mr. (Tom) Benson. There are a lot of thing you could find wrong with certain jobs, but you have to find that certain person or two and the ownership you feel that can really help you. I felt that way, and I think in Doug's case, I went back to that experience with him. The interaction you have with your general manager and your owner is going to be not just occasional. It's going to be daily. You've got to have a comfort level."

Payton called Marrone "a great leader" and "a great teacher."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/01/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_220.html#incart_river


I'm glad to hear that, the Bills desperately need a leader.
_________________

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3677
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the NFL News section as well, and thought i should share it amongst each other..


Trentwannabe wrote:
Quote:

Bill Belichick was 36-44 as a HC with the Browns, the Patriots did their homework, didn't listen to ignorant fans, and made a great decisions. Am I saying Marrone is Belichick? Absolutely not. But the truth is, the people doing the interviewing know a lot more then any of us do about these guys, and it goes WAY beyond the stats of win loss record and playoff appearances. It comes down to actual coaching and fundamentals.

_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2680
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Marrone will be a tremendous hire. Wise move by Management. Comes from Paul Hackett's tutelage. Remember those yearly rumors about Brian Schottenheimer? Bills hope Marrone can be their Mike McCarthy- who he replaced in New Orleans as Offensive Coordinator after his Jets stint.
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 1990
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Buffalo Bills have come a LONG way in just one week.
Dancing Applause
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15465
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he works out for you guys.

We were calling him Dog Moron in our coach options thread. hopefully I'm wrong.

I root for the other down on there luck teams. I know what it feels like.


Our coach hunt has turned into a right Cluster Duck.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9317
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
Sean Payton on Marrone:

"Really, he had a couple of specific questions and the one thing that I can recall our conversations centering around was the comfort level (with the team)," Payton said Sunday. "There's somebody you're going to meet in the process that you're going to work with and turn the program around. Any of these job openings, they all have weaknesses because they wouldn't be open if they didn't.

"I kind of really equated it to the process I went through and having a chance to meet and get to know Mickey (Loomis) and Mr. (Tom) Benson. There are a lot of thing you could find wrong with certain jobs, but you have to find that certain person or two and the ownership you feel that can really help you. I felt that way, and I think in Doug's case, I went back to that experience with him. The interaction you have with your general manager and your owner is going to be not just occasional. It's going to be daily. You've got to have a comfort level."

Payton called Marrone "a great leader" and "a great teacher."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/01/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_220.html#incart_river


Irrelevant now IMO, every coach we have brought in since Marv Levy called it quits has had some praise from a NFL colleague.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
swolfdab


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 1356
Location: Hayward, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2680
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it for what you may- Doug Marrone & Ryan Fitzpatrick share the same agent Jimmy Sexton. Could Fitz be part of the longterm plan?
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4963
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Take it for what you may- Doug Marrone & Ryan Fitzpatrick share the same agent Jimmy Sexton. Could Fitz be part of the longterm plan?
I think its nothing more than a coincidence. Fitz may remain on the roster but I can't imagine he is in the long term plan. Not as a starter anyway.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 10771
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Take it for what you may- Doug Marrone & Ryan Fitzpatrick share the same agent Jimmy Sexton. Could Fitz be part of the longterm plan?
I think its nothing more than a coincidence. Fitz may remain on the roster but I can't imagine he is in the long term plan. Not as a starter anyway.


Yea, if he makes the same exact mistake Chan made, he'd be digging his own grave.

@Horny:

Feel bad for you Browns fans as well, know exactly what it's like to have sucked forever.

Hope you guys get a great HC that turns your team around as well.
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leeevans83d


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 1990
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Take it for what you may- Doug Marrone & Ryan Fitzpatrick share the same agent Jimmy Sexton. Could Fitz be part of the longterm plan?
I think its nothing more than a coincidence. Fitz may remain on the roster but I can't imagine he is in the long term plan. Not as a starter anyway.


Yea, no way he lasts in Marrone's offense. He can't throw it deep, nor can he be accurate. But, he does have a good head and I like him personally so he would be good to keep him as a backup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hotlanta12


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 5176
Location: Right behind you.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Marrone is from the Bronx, he coached Syracuse, and now he has a job in Buffalo. Maybe staying in the same state is important for him and he'll be able to focus solely on football with his family so close.
_________________

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4069
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, It seems to be about 50/50 around here on the Doug Marrone hire. For what it's worth, I think he's the savior to your franchise. He is night and day from Chan Gailey. I was impressed by his introductory news conference this morning, he seems to have a great understanding of what it takes to become successful in the NFL... He's seems very intune with the differences between the college game and the pro game. I'm not buying the "he was barely .500 at a low level university such as Syracuse, how can he possibly be successful as a HC in the NFL". I think thats a load of BS. He turned a franchise that hasn't been successful in over a decade, to a Pinstripe Bowl victory with a 6-2 big East record. He seems to run an extremely balanced team, offensively and defensively, ranking in the top 50 in NCAA in PPG, Passing yards, Rushing yards, and points against. Your Offense would have a chance of REGRESSING had you hired Lovie Smith to be your HC, no doubt your Defense would be top 10 but this is an offensive game nowadays. If Marrone can be successful in chosing his coordinators/supporting coaching staff than you guys are in for a surprise IMO. Have some optimism, I think this was the best Hire you could've asked for.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 19364
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marrone said he wanted experienced coordinators, especially on defense. Do you think we could possibly get Lovie as DC? I can't see him going to Arizona or San Diego and there are not a lot of jobs left. That would be quite the coup imo.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bigbadbuff23835


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 8709
Location: NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Marrone said he wanted experienced coordinators, especially on defense. Do you think we could possibly get Lovie as DC? I can't see him going to Arizona or San Diego and there are not a lot of jobs left. That would be quite the coup imo.


I'd cry.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group