Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doug Marrone Hired To Be Next HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asgardian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
asgardian wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
A question for you SU fans. Didn't Marrone run a 3-4 defense at SU? For some reason I thought he did. Also, if he did, does he have any experience with the 4-3?

He ran the 4-3 primarily. But he didn't run the defense, Scott Shafer did.

Hope Shafer stays at SU. Hate to see them go down the toilet again.

I honestly don't know what I want. I like Shafer and Hackett both. Either would be solid replacements for Syracuse but a guy like Mario Cristobal could possibly be a nice hire and ODU's head coach would be another good hire I suppose. Not a lot of realistic options out there for SU, though.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
asgardian wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
A question for you SU fans. Didn't Marrone run a 3-4 defense at SU? For some reason I thought he did. Also, if he did, does he have any experience with the 4-3?

I wish Shafer would stay at Syracuse to but with that being said. He is exactly what Buffalo's defense needs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
asgardian wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I honestly don't know what I want. I like Shafer and Hackett both. Either would be solid replacements for Syracuse but a guy like Mario Cristobal could possibly be a nice hire and ODU's head coach would be another good hire I suppose. Not a lot of realistic options out there for SU, though.

Unfortunately the program isn't back on the level to attract a big name guy again yet. Most likely will be in house or a MAC OC.

But I think it will be sooner rather than later. Marrone got them in the right direction, and it's going to take a concerted EFFORT to be as terribad as Greg Robinson was.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
asgardian wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Jim Tressel used to be a Syracuse QBs coach... one can only hope though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
asgardian wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
asgardian wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

It won't happen, he's got 2 years left on his sanctions that follow him wherever he decides to coach next.

Scott Shafer would be tremendous for Buffalo, imo. Not sure if Marrone will try and go elsewhere though.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
asgardian wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
asgardian wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

It won't happen, he's got 2 years left on his sanctions that follow him wherever he decides to coach next.

Scott Shafer would be tremendous for Buffalo, imo. Not sure if Marrone will try and go elsewhere though.

Got em reversed. Wink
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Ok cool thanks.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Goodfry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people are coming out and calling it the cheap choice that only the Bills would make but the guy was getting interviews he has NFL experince it's not a move out of left field. The general press people expected Lovie Smith for me it came down to the Front office feeling the offence is the problem and Lovie isn't the coach to fix that. The defence would at least appear to be much easier to fix with the real problem being a mediocre passing game.

Understandable why people don't like the move but as far as being a smarter hire on paper Marrone >>>>>> Jauron/Gailey.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodfry wrote:
Many people are coming out and calling it the cheap choice that only the Bills would make but the guy was getting interviews he has NFL experince it's not a move out of left field. The general press people expected Lovie Smith for me it came down to the Front office feeling the offence is the problem and Lovie isn't the coach to fix that. The defence would at least appear to be much easier to fix with the real problem being a mediocre passing game.

Understandable why people don't like the move but as far as being a smarter hire on paper Marrone >>>>>> Jauron/Gailey.
If I'm not mistaken we will have to buy out his contract with the Orange in addition to paying him whatever his contract with us will be. Not sure how cheap this hire will end up being.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Goodfry wrote:

If I'm not mistaken we will have to buy out his contract with the Orange in addition to paying him whatever his contract with us will be. Not sure how cheap this hire will end up being.
We also still have to pay Chan Gailey.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea on when there will be a press conference? Still no official word on Marrone from the Bills.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Any idea on when there will be a press conference? Still no official word on Marrone from the Bills.

From everything I have read the contract terms are still being worked out so I would imagine at the latest a press conference would happen on Tuesday could come as early as tomorrow.

I am excited to see what this guy can bring. I for one have wanted Lovie out of the coaches we have interviewed, but excited to see what he can bring to the table. Hopefully he works it out and we can find a D Coordinator that can turn around a pretty solid defense. I think a new scheme and will do wonders than the vanilla defense Wanny had for us.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that missed it..

Adam Scheftner breaking down Marrone to Buffalo Deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt97C7XNtEM

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Pitoniak:

Marrone a good choice to rebuild the Buffalo Bills

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Payton on Marrone:

"Really, he had a couple of specific questions and the one thing that I can recall our conversations centering around was the comfort level (with the team)," Payton said Sunday. "There's somebody you're going to meet in the process that you're going to work with and turn the program around. Any of these job openings, they all have weaknesses because they wouldn't be open if they didn't.

"I kind of really equated it to the process I went through and having a chance to meet and get to know Mickey (Loomis) and Mr. (Tom) Benson. There are a lot of thing you could find wrong with certain jobs, but you have to find that certain person or two and the ownership you feel that can really help you. I felt that way, and I think in Doug's case, I went back to that experience with him. The interaction you have with your general manager and your owner is going to be not just occasional. It's going to be daily. You've got to have a comfort level."

Payton called Marrone "a great leader" and "a great teacher."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/01/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_220.html#incart_river

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: