Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

22's Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: 22's Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Let me start this off by saying that i think we stand a pretty good chance of making a move for either Star or Jarvis. Last few drafts we have been rumored to be looking at trading up. Last draft it was for Richardson, a few drafts before it was for Suh, we did end up moving up for Freeman. Mark was a magician moving around last year and we ended up with 3 potential studs. While we do have a few holes I think 2/3 will be filled when fa hits. Mark has done a great job with contracts and in doing so it has left us with around $20M in space. When the draft roles around I think we make a move for one of the studs.

Major Cuts:

Eric Wright
Quincy Black
Myron Lewis
Arrillious Benn
Michael Koenen

Major Re-signs:

Ronde Barber - He is still playing solid ball, loves to be around and mentoring the young guys. Comes back a nickel back.
Micheal Bennett - Shows great work ethic, solid motor and overall has a strong game. Leads the team in sacks and is a major part of us having a great run defence.
Roy Miller - Nothing flashy to see here. Solid part of a three man dt rotation.
Mike Williams - After a solid season he gets an extension.

Major FA Signings:

Schiano and Mark are building a team that is big and plays hard-nosed. That theme carries over to our Fa period and draft.

Sean Smith

We don't wait long to address the teams weakest position. It has been stated that the Phins won't be using their tag. They have Bush, Hartine, Long, Starks and Smith to worry about signing. We grab him right away. He is a big, physical guy 6'3" 220. Solid for jamming the Colstons and Jones of the world.

Terrance Knighton

This is a monster of a man 6'3" 340. Mark tried to pair Gerald with a dt grabbing Price but missed on the pick. Knighton will help keep our run defense near the top of the league. I also think he will start notching a few more sacks playing along side Gerald. Throw in Miller and it is a solid three man rotation.

Martellus Bennett

The brothers get their wish and end up landing on the same team. Martellus can be a threat in both the passing and running game. We no longer have to role with Winslow or Clark (both weak blockers). Defenses can no longer key on what our offense is doing with Bennett in the game. His first season being the man in NY he did not disappoint notching 55 catches, 626 yards and 5 touchdowns and also played through a sprained knee. 6'6" he is a solid threat in the redzone to go along with our big receivers.

Draft

With the 1st round pick Tampa selects... DeMarcus Millinier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-p60qK_Mak

I think there is a good chance Millinier is till around when we pick. The top end of the draft is loaded with de talent. Lots of mocks have the Lions selecting him but with KVB getting old and Avril on the way out they will need to address their end postion. Another spot he goes in mocks is to the Titans but can anyone name their starting ends or dtackles? I see some asking for Richardson in the mocks section. Their corners are McCourty and Verner, they were bad in pass defense but they weren't the problem. This draft is pretty deep in talent at the corner position so some of the top teams may choose to address the position in rounds 2/3.

With Millinier we add another big, physical corner to go along with Smith. Can play both zone/man and will help in the run game.

With the 2nd round pick Tampa selects... Khaseem Greene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9EJoH_WfHc

Having already addressed our secondary with Smith, Millinier and Barber moving to the slot we can now complete our backing crew. David, Foster and Greene will form the core of our defense for the next 10 years. Cutting Black leaves a hole at our slb spot and Greene slides right into the starting spot. Early for a two down player... he plays three taking Fosters spot when playing the nickle also helping our terrible pass defense. Being an ex ss he can cover to go along with his sure tackling. Schiano gets his guy!

*TRADE - We trade our 3rd and early 4th to the Pats for their 2nd round pick. They don't have a 4th or 5th pick this year*
With the 2nd round pick Tampa selects... DJ Swearinger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2sLAI2bhAQ

Mark pulls the trigger finishing off our secondary. With Barber moving to the slot and Black not full-time starting material we add Swearinger. He lays wood and has solid range. Pairing him up with Barron te's will now second guess coming across the middle! Great rotation of Barron, Swearinger and Black.

With the 4th pick Tampa selects... Xavier Nixon

Brought in for depth and to challenge for the starting rt postion

With the 5th round pick Tampa selects... DeVonte Holloman

Lb depth/st that can play the pass well.

With the 6th round pick Tampa selects... Brad Wing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh0wFMU0j-o

Cutting Koenen we need a new leg and this guy has one. Not sure if Schiano would approve but Mark has shown that he is willing to take guys with "problems"

Projected starting lines:

Qb - Freeman
Rb - Martin
Fb - Lorig
Tackles - Penn/Dotson
Guards - Nicks/Joseph
Center - Zuttah
Wr - Jackson/Williams
Te - Bennett

De - Clayborn/Bennett
Dt - McCoy/Knighton
Lbs - Black/Foster/Greene
Cbs - Smith/Millinier
S - Barron/Swearinger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! YES! YES! seems a bit unlikely. but it this does happen.. i would be jumping for days.. reasons why i say its Unlikely, Sean Smith is the dolphins top corner, remember they just traded away Davis at the start of the year. you think the jags will let knighton walk?

only thing i dont see here is WR
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid. Love Swearinger and green picks.

In free agency knighton is not a good pick. He's a nt to stuff the run. We need a guy tht can stay in and rush te passer next to McCoy.

Like Sean Smith but he'll get franchised. Dolphins won't let him walk.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami already guaranteed smith is going nowhere
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

As far as Smith being available I am just going by what I have read.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5184/sean-smith

Quote:
Contrary to a previous report, the Miami Herald insists the Dolphins "have no intention" of using the franchise tag on CB Sean Smith.
Smith has been a solid starter, coming in especially handy against physical receivers, but he's not deemed worthy of the $10-plus million tag reserved for elite corners. According to the Herald, the Dolphins would have to "think long and hard" before offering even half of that $10 million on an annual basis. Smith will likely opt to test free-agent waters.

I also read a ton of mocks from the Phins site and it seems 50/50 on whether Smith comes back or not. Obviously I have no clue if we sign the guy and would I be happy grabbing others from the the pool but I selected Smith because of his size and his game. Is Grimes to old? Do DRC and Jenkins play to "soft"?

While Knighton isn't the ideal rusher we need he is young and we still want to keep our run defense playing at a high level. Loading up in the secondary forces teams to try and run more this coming season. Reading the Jags board it also seems 50/50 whether he is back or not. Nobody wants to lose Cox. He has injury concerns but he is by far their best corner. Also with them having a shot at drafting Star makes it easier to let Knighton walk and use that money elsewhere in fa. Was also thinking about mocking Richardson to us. He would help in rushing the passer but he was suspended for violating team rules this year and then skipped out on the punishment he was given by the coach, not sure Schiano would be willing to take him on. I can also see the Titans selecting him.

With Bowers and McCoy not having to worry about healing this year they can strictly work on their game. We resign our sack leader in Bennett and Clayborn who I think will be a double digit guy will be back. Also with the guys we added in the secondary gives our dline more time to rush the passer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the Swearinger pick. That guy is going to be a stud FS in the NFL with his range and ball skills.

Milliner is ok. I'm not too fond on picking a SLB at the top of the 2nd round. There is probably going to be much better value there for us. Also think Tampa needs to sign 2 CB's instead of one because you don't have Biggers, Wright, or Lewis coming back. So we're left with....

Smith, Milliner, Johnson, Gaitor

I approve of all the FA pick-ups except Bennett and we're missing a #3 WR though.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
I LOVE the Swearinger pick. That guy is going to be a stud FS in the NFL with his range and ball skills.

Milliner is ok. I'm not too fond on picking a SLB at the top of the 2nd round. There is probably going to be much better value there for us. Also think Tampa needs to sign 2 CB's instead of one because you don't have Biggers, Wright, or Lewis coming back. So we're left with....

Smith, Milliner, Johnson, Gaitor

I approve of all the FA pick-ups except Bennett and we're missing a #3 WR though.

I think Swearinger is gonna ball as well. Was actually going to mock him with our original second round pick which is the range I think he will end up but as of now he is going anywhere from the end of the 2nd - 4th round now in mocks.

Normally I wouldn't want to draft a "traditional" slb with our second either but Greene would be taking Fosters spot in passing situations to go along with his play in our 4-3 packages. Basically would end up playing as much as David does.

I have Barber coming back as our nickle back. So our starting corners would be Smith, Milliner with Barber playing the slot.

Went back and forth on whether or not to draft or grab a #3 receiver. Ended up not taking one as a "major fa" or with our draft pick. Maybe a low end guy or a udfa? I would love to have one and think it is a big need but with Greg being a defensive guy with our first three picks we go defense. Obviously can't address every need but are we going to get a better guy in the end of the fourth or later than Underwood... maybe just didn't see a guy that would be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the FA, that would turn out great

Love Millner, but lack slot WR or returner makes it meh to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still need to keep putting weapons around Freeman that's for sure but with Greg being a defensive guy and the fact that I hold my breath everytime it is 3rd and 8 or longer praying our defence can get off of the field I figured several defensive positions needed to be addressed.

A slot would be nice but not every need will be filled in one offseason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After adding Greene I'm not sure how Holloman would fit in. Would rather a slot guy in the 5th.

This is a really well thought out mock. Hits the big time needs with players that fit our schemes.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Xavier Nixon, please no Xavier Nixon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
After adding Greene I'm not sure how Holloman would fit in. Would rather a slot guy in the 5th.

This is a really well thought out mock. Hits the big time needs with players that fit our schemes.

Grabbed Holloman for depth and special team purposes. Wasn't sure there is a slot guy available. I was thinking about making a trade to move up in the late third for Robinson but thought that might be to much with already having a trade up for Swearinger.

Put some thought in before I just slapped some names down, thanks.

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
No Xavier Nixon, please no Xavier Nixon.

Not worth the gamble with basically a 5th round pick?

Thoughts on fa and the rest of the draft?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the first 3 picks in the draft. Would rather pursue Mike Jenkins and Glenn Dorsey in FA. Getting Bennett from NY would be great to.

Think we should keep Benn if he gets healthy he could be a good slot receiver like a randall cobb or Laurent Robinson a few years ago, hes a big bodied physical guy like VJ. A lot better than Underwood he drops far too many passes plus Benn is a lot bigger target.
Dont see us cutting Koenen, Landry Jones would be a nice late pick if still available
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaine-stew wrote:
love the first 3 picks in the draft. Would rather pursue Mike Jenkins and Glenn Dorsey in FA. Getting Bennett from NY would be great to.

Think we should keep Benn if he gets healthy he could be a good slot receiver like a randall cobb or Laurent Robinson a few years ago, hes a big bodied physical guy like VJ. A lot better than Underwood he drops far too many passes plus Benn is a lot bigger target.
Dont see us cutting Koenen, Landry Jones would be a nice late pick if still available

Arrellious benn can't get on the field after 3 years. I think it's time to cut our losses.

Michael Koenen makes 3.25 million for a punter. A punter who's not even pro bowl worthy. I think that money can be used elsewhere.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
blaine-stew wrote:

Arrellious benn can't get on the field after 3 years. I think it's time to cut our losses.

Michael Koenen makes 3.25 million for a punter. A punter who's not even pro bowl worthy. I think that money can be used elsewhere.

Agreed on Koenen, but keeping Benn on the roster really won't be that expensive. He's still a tremendous talent and a great deep threat. He's got one more year to stay healthy and if he can't, he's out. But let's let him play out his contract, at least until next year's trade deadline.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: