Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
67%
 67%  [ 36 ]
Packers
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 53

straighthate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Looking forward to a good game Sat night. I think the winner of this game wins the SB.

Just got a couple of questions

1. I hear Smith guarntees to play, but Harbough says it s 50 50 he plays, have you guys heard anything more about the situation?

2. What's wrong with Vernon Davis? He hasn't produced much the last 6 or so weeks. Is he in the dog house or something?

Harbaugh always tries to keep the opposition guessing. Says it gives him no advantage to talk about injuries. As for Davis, since the first game he hasn't been able to get on the same page as Kap. Crabtree's definitely his go to. Also seems like playcalling has left Davis in to block more and Delanie running his routes. Hoping he picks it up in the playoffs like last year though!
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope for a good game. Good luck, guys. I got SF close
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
o_0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie. The Packers are the last team I wanted to see. Oh well this is the playoffs, can't avoid the big dogs forever. Laughing

Keys to winning:

On offense, we must establish the run game. This will allow Kaep to settle in, slow down Clay, and eventually the playaction can open up something deep.

On defense, we must get to Rodgers. Let Rodgers get comfy and our D is in for a long day. The health of the Cowboy could be huge in this one. Their run game is gonna get stonewalled, so we should be successful in making them one dimensional.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
o_0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and one more things, both teams have very unpredictable kickers, so don't be surprised if either team is left blaming a kicker for the loss.

BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, makes me sad watching a clutch kicker in Vinatieri and knowing what we have.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
Not gonna lie. The Packers are the last team I wanted to see. Oh well this is the playoffs, can't avoid the big dogs forever. Laughing

Keys to winning:

On offense, we must establish the run game. This will allow Kaep to settle in, slow down Clay, and eventually the playaction can open up something deep.

On defense, we must get to Rodgers. Let Rodgers get comfy and our D is in for a long day. The health of the Cowboy could be huge in this one. Their run game is gonna get stonewalled, so we should be successful in making them one dimensional.

I'm afraid we're going to come out throwing, like we did against the Pats, and that it won't work. Then we'll trail and keep throwing and just dig a hole. I really hope we take it slowly and run out of the gate. I have the same plan I hoped for against the Pats. To stop a high-powered offense, limit their possessions. That means control the clock running. And we have to avoid the big plays. We can't afford to give up 50 yard TDs. If the Packers grind it out and make their way into the redzone little by little, that's where we can keep them in check and force them to try field goals instead of TDs. Plus, it takes up time on the clock, thus limiting the number of possessions. If we can keep the packers to 15 possessions, our defense can keep them to 5 scores or less. 2 TDs and 3 FGs would mean 23 points, and we can win that. 3 TDs and 2 FGs is 27, and we can still win that. But if they get 20 possessions, they're bound to score 6-8 times, and that's where it gets tougher.

So running game early, and hopefully all game long.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Yfz01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Can't wait!!

Hopefully the 49ers receivers have a bit more luck than the Vikings group did. The Packers DB's were just stronger, faster, and more physical out there. I felt bad for Webb, as I still think he could be successful with receivers that don't jog the deep routes (Jerome Simpson, looking at you buddy).

Anyways. Moss and co. need to take Green Bay out of the playoffs.

Seemed like some of your guys got open. There were some times where Webb overthrew them by 20 yards, or skipped the ball in front of them. Kaep tends to overthrow a tad, so I am worried about him not taking advantage of every opportunity.

According to PFF Kaep is 57% on deep throws (20+), 9/19, i forget the yards and TD. But that 57%...1st in the NFL.

I also noticed Webb skipped the ball a LOT, and our QB's don't do that. I hope we can take advantage of these opportunities because we have to score as many points as possible.

49'ers QB's are definitely better. Webb also had his first start of the year, so I felt like he was thrown into a tough situation. Still like him more than Ponder, just not for that game. Laughing

Justin Smith will be huge for this game. Can't give Rodgers any room to step up into the pocket, also need to keep him from rolling out to his right or he will extend plays and turn them into huge gains. Easier said than done, right?

Lil Uno with the sig.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Not going to lie, makes me sad watching a clutch kicker in Vinatieri and knowing what we have.

Hearing the work kicker makes me sad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
o_0 wrote:

Keys to winning:

I'm afraid we're going to come out throwing, like we did against the Pats, and that it won't work. Then we'll trail and keep throwing and just dig a hole. I really hope we take it slowly and run out of the gate. I have the same plan I hoped for against the Pats. To stop a high-powered offense, limit their possessions. That means control the clock running. And we have to avoid the big plays. We can't afford to give up 50 yard TDs. If the Packers grind it out and make their way into the redzone little by little, that's where we can keep them in check and force them to try field goals instead of TDs. Plus, it takes up time on the clock, thus limiting the number of possessions. If we can keep the packers to 15 possessions, our defense can keep them to 5 scores or less. 2 TDs and 3 FGs would mean 23 points, and we can win that. 3 TDs and 2 FGs is 27, and we can still win that. But if they get 20 possessions, they're bound to score 6-8 times, and that's where it gets tougher.

If we come out throwing, I honestly don't see how we win this game. Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but I don't think Colin is ready to go throw for throw against Rodgers in a playoff game, especially since their secondary is healthy and playing well. I think Harbaugh is smart enough to start out with the run game since its been our bread and butter since he's started coaching here.

BP wrote:
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not positive. But we came out throwing a lot our first meeting right? Lots of short to intermediate routes. Then we brought in the run successfully. But I remember throwing a lot early?

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
o_0 wrote:

Keys to winning:

If we come out throwing, I honestly don't see how we win this game. Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but I don't think Colin is ready to go throw for throw against Rodgers in a playoff game, especially since their secondary is healthy and playing well. I think Harbaugh is smart enough to start out with the run game since its been our bread and butter since he's started coaching here.

Not necessarily... we can come out throwing, score early, then make a defensive stop and run a whole lot afterwards. Even throw for throw, we can win. Kap beat Brady. Everything's possible. I just think it would be better for our defense if we could kill more clock, this time around.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey fellas, should be a great game. i knew we were gonna crush the vikes, they're a joke. but now we actually have to face a good team. hopefully a close game, with a +packers result!

see ya next week!
Bucks
Badgers
BigBruh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
hey fellas, should be a great game. i knew we were gonna crush the vikes, they're a joke. but now we actually have to face a good team. hopefully a close game, with a +packers result!

see ya next week!

Even though ya'll just lost the previous week? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBruh wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

see ya next week!

Even though ya'll just lost the previous week? Rolling Eyes

I thought the Pack would win big too tbh

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
Psychlone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Vegas line has San Francisco 3 point favorites...
I'll be in Vegas next weekend. Found out my wife purchased tix for Chris Angel Saturday at 7:00 and spent $280.00 for them. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: