Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
67%
 67%  [ 36 ]
Packers
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 53

Author Message
Green90


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 652
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Like I stated earlier about GB fans mouthing off, in the NFL General forum there is a guy saying Rodgers will toss 10 TDs against us.


As a whole, the Packers' fanbase on FF is a pretty sarcastic bunch. I'd take most of what you read with a grain of salt.

It's a long-standing Packers joke on here to predict "laugher" scores like:

Packers: 73
49ers: 0
Patriots: -2
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
I also have a bitchin' camero
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gridirongorilla


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 2334
Location: North Bay, California
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130109/harba Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130109/harbaugh-kaepernick/index.html

Good article about Harbaugh and the QB switch with some nice facts thrown into it.

Quote:
Back when Harbaugh coached Stanford, his star quarterback, Andrew Luck, attended the Manning Passing Academy. When Luck returned to Palo Alto, Harbaugh quizzed him on the other quarterbacks at the camp. Luck told his coach that he really hit it off with the kid from Nevada, Colin Kaepernick. Since Harbaugh views Luck as the epitome of all that is right with humanity -- he has called him "perfect" -- the endorsement stuck with him.
By the 2011 draft, Harbaugh was a rookie NFL head coach and Kaepernick was a talented prospect, but there were serious questions about how he would do in the NFL. He had thrived in the pistol offense at Nevada, but hey, that was Nevada, and even though it was only two seasons ago, the NFL was a different league. Nevada's offensive scheme seemed a long way from the NFL. Harbaugh started digging.


harbaugh knows his stuff when it comes to QB's. He recruited both Luck and RGIII to run a 2 QB system at Stanford, but RGIII didnt want that. Fast forward and they are 2 of the biggest budding stars the league has seen in years.


I'd be curious to know what Harbs' evaluation of Russell Wilson was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23105
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
LANiner wrote:
I just laugh when I went to there forum n the general one I don't know if they're kidding or messing around reminds me of the week one matchup never seen a high powered defense like them before team of Destiny all hail rodgers it will be a clear blow out I forget what happened week one Rolling Eyes
I'm breathless just reading that sentence.


Like one of those kids on the new AT&T commercials? Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1746
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/88061/rodgers-over-kaepernick-right-you-decide

A fun comparison of Rodgers and Kaep since week 11 when Kaep become the starter. How close the numbers are may surprise you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9560
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/88061/rodgers-over-kaepernick-right-you-decide

A fun comparison of Rodgers and Kaep since week 11 when Kaep become the starter. How close the numbers are may surprise you.
Kaep's a beast!!!
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brettizzle


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 4152
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
LANiner wrote:
I just laugh when I went to there forum n the general one I don't know if they're kidding or messing around reminds me of the week one matchup never seen a high powered defense like them before team of Destiny all hail rodgers it will be a clear blow out I forget what happened week one Rolling Eyes

I don't think this will be Ann easy game for us but winnable yes I just hope cowboy is healthy enough to be a disruptive force o it will be a long day


Yeah, people aren't giving us any credit because we got blown out incredibly bad 3 weeks ago. Plus, Rodgers and the Pack just played, and they are hot. But so were the Saints. And all Justin really has to do is just play. Just be there. Be a presence, because he already has the respect.


I like being the underdog. We always stomp our opponents when we are. Accept the Seattle game. Sad


Wait, how is SF an underdog? If you can find someone that will give you points take that bet and run with it. I have not seen anywhere that GB is favored, I wouldn't take what sarcastic Packers fans say in the general forum seriously. Everyone knows that SF is the better overall team.
_________________
El ramster wrote:

Lmao I know PAckers fans ain't talking.
Back to your dungeon.


^^^Footballs Future: Where trolling of Packers fans is encouraged
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27751
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL
"So far, so good," Harbaugh said of the way David Akers kicked in practice the past week. Akers competing against Billy Cundiff for the job.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9560
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Pro Football Talk just now and they said Rodgers has an axe to grind still by not being drafted by us. I didn't even realize that he has never played against us at our stadium. They said he wants to show the Niners in their house that he should have been our guy.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6613
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Watching Pro Football Talk just now and they said Rodgers has an axe to grind still by not being drafted by us. I didn't even realize that he has never played against us at our stadium. They said he wants to show the Niners in their house that he should have been our guy.


lol i am so sick of this story. rodgers has already started 3 games against us (2009, 2010, 2012). i'm sure tom brady had the same motivation (huge 9ers fan) and he beat us in 04 but lost to us this year.

this is all media filler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27751
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Watching Pro Football Talk just now and they said Rodgers has an axe to grind still by not being drafted by us. I didn't even realize that he has never played against us at our stadium. They said he wants to show the Niners in their house that he should have been our guy.


lol i am so sick of this story. rodgers has already started 3 games against us (2009, 2010, 2012). i'm sure tom brady had the same motivation (huge 9ers fan) and he beat us in 04 but lost to us this year.

this is all media filler.


AND CRABTREE HAS A CHIP IN HIS SHOULDER FOR PLAYING SO BAD IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT, CRABTREE IS GOING TO UNLEASH ON THE PACKERS FOR 200 YARDS Rolling Eyes .

This is the exact thing I discussed in the Packers forum yesterday. Not doubting he won't be ready to play or motivated, but lets please stop talking about this every single time. Just like in week 1, we had no chance because Rodgers was going to make the team that passed him up pay for not selection him! Rodgers is a great player and will be one of the greatest ever when he hangs em up, but everyone is motivated at this point. I mean, who was closer to us in getting in the big dance?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Burial


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 493
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a vibe that alot of niner fans feel their team is being discredited and is the underdog.. but I dont think thats the case at all.. nor does it seem to be a real opinion outside of a few trolls

I'd say the 49ers are heavily favored to win this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blast


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 1420
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/88061/rodgers-over-kaepernick-right-you-decide

A fun comparison of Rodgers and Kaep since week 11 when Kaep become the starter. How close the numbers are may surprise you.



C'mon what's the point of comparing these two?! We already know who the best is, obviously Kaep. Wink
_________________
Quote:
"I don't know who they think we are. We're on a mission."-Patrick BamBam Willis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13378
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burial wrote:
I get a vibe that alot of niner fans feel their team is being discredited and is the underdog.. but I dont think thats the case at all.. nor does it seem to be a real opinion outside of a few trolls

I'd say the 49ers are heavily favored to win this



I think it's a photo-finish, right now. We had the best overall team earlier in the year, but the packers have been heating up late in the year. I don't think there's a clear favorite either way. Any team could win, lose, blow out, implode, etc. I wouldn't want to bet on this game, if I was a gambler.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10301
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Burial wrote:
I get a vibe that alot of niner fans feel their team is being discredited and is the underdog.. but I dont think thats the case at all.. nor does it seem to be a real opinion outside of a few trolls

I'd say the 49ers are heavily favored to win this



I think it's a photo-finish, right now. We had the best overall team earlier in the year, but the packers have been heating up late in the year. I don't think there's a clear favorite either way. Any team could win, lose, blow out, implode, etc. I wouldn't want to bet on this game, if I was a gambler.


I think it'll be close, but this is the match-up I wanted the least. The season just seems set up for a Packers/Seahawks rematch (not saying it's rigged, saying it seems like destiny).
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9377
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brettizzle wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
LANiner wrote:
I just laugh when I went to there forum n the general one I don't know if they're kidding or messing around reminds me of the week one matchup never seen a high powered defense like them before team of Destiny all hail rodgers it will be a clear blow out I forget what happened week one Rolling Eyes

I don't think this will be Ann easy game for us but winnable yes I just hope cowboy is healthy enough to be a disruptive force o it will be a long day


Yeah, people aren't giving us any credit because we got blown out incredibly bad 3 weeks ago. Plus, Rodgers and the Pack just played, and they are hot. But so were the Saints. And all Justin really has to do is just play. Just be there. Be a presence, because he already has the respect.


I like being the underdog. We always stomp our opponents when we are. Accept the Seattle game. Sad


Wait, how is SF an underdog? If you can find someone that will give you points take that bet and run with it. I have not seen anywhere that GB is favored, I wouldn't take what sarcastic Packers fans say in the general forum seriously. Everyone knows that SF is the better overall team.
i know what you mean, but i dont think hes talking bets. hes talking opinion and consensus.

and almost 70% of the public is on the pack for betting (jus sayin doh)
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 8 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group