Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
49ers
67%
 67%  [ 36 ]
Packers
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 53

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Playoff GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers Reply with quote

San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

VS

VS

Keys to the game:

Go for it on 4th downs in FG range and go for 2. Seriously, with Cundiff and Akers on this team, we don't want the ball being kicked at all.....except for when Andy Lee kicks it.

Pressure Rodgers. Rodgers was sitting in the pocket for a while today, if we can press the rush, then I' confident that we can rack up sacks. Let's hope Cowboy will be ready.

Get in rhythm offensively. It's going to be Kaep's first playoff appearance, so expect some shakiness. The sooner we can get in rhythm, the sooner he'll get over it.

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
packrules7896

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be one for the ages. Is it next saturday yet?

Really liking rodgers in that cali style "winter" as opposed to lambeu in mid january. We'll see!

Jamison. on the sig! thanks man!

What does the fox say?
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for next weekend. I think we are going to see a different team than we've seen the past couple weeks defensively. Cowboy has had some time to heal up and Aldon should be re-energized, so I think we'll see alot more pressure from our front 7. I expect Crabs to make some plays and Frank Gore and LaMichael James to both have a productive day against the Packers front.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we match up better against more passing oriented teams, instead of more physical/running teams. But it will still be a tough test and a good game. Wouldn't be surprised if the winner of this game wins the superbowl.

Also, both teams have major kicker issues. Crosby, Akers, and Cundiff have the 3 lowest kicking percentages in the NFL. The O and D will have to step up to compensate for a loss in kicking production.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Koch's facepalm Laughing Laughing Laughing

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winner of this game definitely represents the NFC in the SB.

Good luck, gents.

Looks like the injuries GB sustained tonight were a hammy for Jermichael and an ankle for Jordy. Dunno how severe.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait!!

Hopefully the 49ers receivers have a bit more luck than the Vikings group did. The Packers DB's were just stronger, faster, and more physical out there. I felt bad for Webb, as I still think he could be successful with receivers that don't jog the deep routes (Jerome Simpson, looking at you buddy).

Anyways. Moss and co. need to take Green Bay out of the playoffs.

Lil Uno with the sig.
Madmike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the time that VD showed up last year. I'm hoping for a repeat performance from him. GB will be focusing on Crabtree and will most likely take away outside runs like they did to AD tonight. That means VD, Moss, Walker and AJJ need to step it up for Kaep and the O to be successfull.

I wouldn't be suprised to see some designed plays to Davis and a screen or two to Crabtree to get them rolling early. I'm excited to see another epic battle and hope the 49ers win, and whoever plays ATL loses.

De Oppresso Liber
Madmike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Can't wait!!

Hopefully the 49ers receivers have a bit more luck than the Vikings group did. The Packers DB's were just stronger, faster, and more physical out there. I felt bad for Webb, as I still think he could be successful with receivers that don't jog the deep routes (Jerome Simpson, looking at you buddy).

Webb looked like Tebow 2.0 tonight. He took off running at any sign of trouble. He made some pretty poor decisions and was off target most of the night. His WRs are definitely bad, but he didn't help them much. This would been a completely different game had Ponder played because the Minn D played pretty well all things considered.

De Oppresso Liber
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Can't wait!!

Seemed like some of your guys got open. There were some times where Webb overthrew them by 20 yards, or skipped the ball in front of them. Kaep tends to overthrow a tad, so I am worried about him not taking advantage of every opportunity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Can't wait!!

Seemed like some of your guys got open. There were some times where Webb overthrew them by 20 yards, or skipped the ball in front of them. Kaep tends to overthrow a tad, so I am worried about him not taking advantage of every opportunity.

According to PFF Kaep is 57% on deep throws (20+), 9/19, i forget the yards and TD. But that 57%...1st in the NFL.

I also noticed Webb skipped the ball a LOT, and our QB's don't do that. I hope we can take advantage of these opportunities because we have to score as many points as possible.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Can't wait!!

According to PFF Kaep is 57% on deep throws (20+), 9/19, i forget the yards and TD. But that 57%...1st in the NFL.

I also noticed Webb skipped the ball a LOT, and our QB's don't do that. I hope we can take advantage of these opportunities because we have to score as many points as possible.

I figured he was around 50-55%, but I didn't know that would be good enough for first.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Can't wait!!

He also has a much smaller sample than other starting QB's, these things tend to average out with more games.

I figured he was around 50-55%, but I didn't know that would be good enough for first.

Jamison. on the sig! thanks man!

What does the fox say?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a matchup. This is what football's all about. Feels like an eternity since we last saw you, but this one will be epic.

Good luck guys!
pollino14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to a good game Sat night. I think the winner of this game wins the SB.

Just got a couple of questions

1. I hear Smith guarntees to play, but Harbough says it s 50 50 he plays, have you guys heard anything more about the situation?

2. What's wrong with Vernon Davis? He hasn't produced much the last 6 or so weeks. Is he in the dog house or something?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: