Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

available UFA's for OLB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: available UFA's for OLB? Reply with quote

If they release Harrison, who is out there in UFA that might be an option? I think the D id doomed without 92, simple as that, and if Lewis leaves the nickel could suffer but Allen is good enough to start for sure. Would be nice to have 3 good corners though Cool

Maybe Carter will get a shot, but I see a much weaker D without 92 and if Lewis is gone. If they replace them from the draft, that is quite the draft, gifts or picks Shocked
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the D doomed without James Harrison? He is a shell of his former self and while he is still good against the run, he only has a fraction of his original explosion that made him the special player that he was.

As for free agents...the best 34 OLB is probably Anthony Spencer, but he will likely be resigned, and if not, some team will likely overpay him. He doesnt get alot of sacks but he is great against the run and does get pressure quite often.

Realistically....Antwann Barnes would be nice. If Lovie goes to San Diego which is what Im predicting, he will turn that defense into a 4-3, and Barnes will likely be out. Barnes is merely a stop gap but pretty underrated.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Jackson from the redskins, he's not a great pass rusher but he's a good one. He used to play TE and has hands like one.

14 games started on the year. 37 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 ints (1 strip sack int for a TD vs the bengals) and 7 passes defensed. He's really good in coverage for a 3-4 olb

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Kruger obviously, but doubt he won't play with the Ravens next year. Walden looked great last night for the Packers. Also, what about Larry Grant to replace Foote?
CanadianSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we won't sign anyone to fill his void..... worilds steps in and we draft someone....
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Paul Kruger obviously, but doubt he won't play with the Ravens next year. Walden looked great last night for the Packers. Also, what about Larry Grant to replace Foote?
im all for signing Larry Grant, but why does Larry Foote need replaced? He had an excellent year and I believe has a few more left in the tank

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CanadianSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Foote said he might retire... I remember seeing something ..... My question about the linebackers would be where and how does Spence fit.... the more I think about it the more I hope he moves to SS....but I think it would be sweet if he can play along side Timmons....
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
How is the D doomed without James Harrison? He is a shell of his former self and while he is still good against the run, he only has a fraction of his original explosion that made him the special player that he was.

As for free agents...the best 34 OLB is probably Anthony Spencer, but he will likely be resigned, and if not, some team will likely overpay him. He doesnt get alot of sacks but he is great against the run and does get pressure quite often.

Realistically....Antwann Barnes would be nice. If Lovie goes to San Diego which is what Im predicting, he will turn that defense into a 4-3, and Barnes will likely be out. Barnes is merely a stop gap but pretty underrated.

I wouldn't go so far to call him a shell, definitely declined and probably will decline more, but there might still be one last good season in him. I don't agree with cutting him at all. Not when we have next to nothing at OLB in the waiting. Harrison is a staple in this defense, he knows it better than anybody, and he's much better than FA options or what we have next in line.

After a healthy off season with no surgery, who is to say he doesn't come back strong next season?
kysteeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianSteeler wrote:
I think Foote said he might retire... I remember seeing something ..... My question about the linebackers would be where and how does Spence fit.... the more I think about it the more I hope he moves to SS....but I think it would be sweet if he can play along side Timmons....

Foote has said that he would take a pay cut, so I would expect him back next year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
CanadianSteeler wrote:

Foote has said that he would take a pay cut, so I would expect him back next year.
good in site, thanks. I agree he'll be back and starting. That being said, I'd sign Larry grant in a heart beat to back him up and draft an Ilb at some point

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianSteeler wrote:
hmm. I've always seen spence as a possible SS replacement for Troy also.

kysteeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
CanadianSteeler wrote:

Don't you guys think Spence is a little heavy to play safety? Spence just doesn't look like he could drop weight to me.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
CanadianSteeler wrote:

Don't you guys think Spence is a little heavy to play safety? Spence just doesn't look like he could drop weight to me.

He could most likely drop 10 lbs. Obviously, it would be mainly muscle since his bodyfat will be so low anyway, a control of calories will be enough to drop a bit of muscle.

It's not likely this is in the teams plans though to be fair.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I wouldn't go so far to call him a shell, definitely declined and probably will decline more, but there might still be one last good season in him. I don't agree with cutting him at all. Not when we have next to nothing at OLB in the waiting. Harrison is a staple in this defense, he knows it better than anybody, and he's much better than FA options or what we have next in line.

After a healthy off season with no surgery, who is to say he doesn't come back strong next season?

+1 if he can actually train instead of rehab from surgeries, he will be back. I just hope it isn't for another team Evil or Very Mad
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
CanadianSteeler wrote:

he weighs 230 doesn't he? Some SS are around that size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: