Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PostGame: Packers (24) over Vikings (10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
RG25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have somewhat recovered( I drank way to much yesterday and blacked out by halftime) just wondering how Woodson did in his return. I looked up the stats this morning and saw we kept AP under 100 yards which was surprising to me. Why did Joe Webb start instead of ponder?
Bauman1535

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG25 wrote:
Now that I have somewhat recovered( I drank way to much yesterday and blacked out by halftime) just wondering how Woodson did in his return. I looked up the stats this morning and saw we kept AP under 100 yards which was surprising to me. Why did Joe Webb start instead of ponder?

Elbow bursitis for Ponder. We were better against the run this week, but we also seemed to have 9 in the box fairly often because of how terrible Joe Webb was. Woodson looked good and healthy. I think we sometimes take for granted how aggressive he is against the run.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG25 wrote:

Woodson was excellent. Knifed thru the LOS for some nice tackles on Peterson and harassed Webb on some edge blitzes even though he wasn't able to take him down. Overall a very fine return to the football field for CW21.

As for Webb/Ponder, Ponder injured his elbow in the second quarter of the GB/MIN game when Burnett came thru the A-gap and hit Ponder on the throw that fluttered up in the air and the Vikings somehow caught it. He was questionable all week with an "elbow," and they worked him out pregame and he just wasn't able to throw effectively enough to be active. Elbow bursitis, I think they were calling it.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
I just do not agree at all with any criticism of MM from this game. The progression of the offense from the first scoring drive to the second scoring drive was awesome. I get that stalling in the red zone sucks, but I think PF4L made some good points about it. They went right back to Kuhn the next time and it worked. I'd also have to imagine they were trying different things kind of knowing we were going to have this game under control.

MM shows up in the playoffs big time.

Giving SF some new looks and something else to worry about. I don't mind it. We can all clamor for a 48-10 win but why run through the entire playbook when the game's in check? Seems silly and exuberant to me.

I agree.

Not to mention Kuhn scored twice. The guy deserves some credit.
RG25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates guys. I'm definitely not drinking next week before the game, I'd like to remember it. Laughing
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I just do not agree at all with any criticism of MM from this game. The progression of the offense from the first scoring drive to the second scoring drive was awesome. I get that stalling in the red zone sucks, but I think PF4L made some good points about it. They went right back to Kuhn the next time and it worked. I'd also have to imagine they were trying different things kind of knowing we were going to have this game under control.

MM shows up in the playoffs big time.

Some people just forget that they aren't playing Madden while watching a real game. Spread 'em out and throw it deep every play! Laughing
Willink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After thinking about the game for a bit more soberly today, what really impressed me yesterday was how physical we played.

Quote:
The Packers simply stacked the guards with linemen and challenged the Vikings to create the hole, which they often failed to do. Johnson in particular was completely unable to win at the point of attack against B.J. Raji or Ryan Pickett

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more comments.

+DaJuan Harris
+Jermichael Finley
+B.J. Raji
+Erik Walden
+Charles Woodson

-Randall Cobb
-3rd Downs

Game ball definitely goes to B.J. Raji. A big reason why they were so great on defense was that B.J. lit up Brandon Fusco several times yestreday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get over my Viking friends. Same guys who have been calling for Webb to be the starter now telling me I shouldn't be happy about this win because if Ponder played it would have been different. SMH....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
I just can't get over my Viking friends. Same guys who have been calling for Webb to be the starter now telling me I shouldn't be happy about this win because if Ponder played it would have been different. SMH....

LOL...

Ponder @ Green Bay:
12/25 - 48% - 119 yards - 4.8 YPA - 1 TD - 2 INT - 41.9 Passer Rating

Webb @ Green Bay:
11/30 - 36.7% - 180 yards - 6.0 YPA - 1 TD - 1 INT - 54.9 Passer Rating

Why would you expect Ponder would have made the game significantly different? Ponder doesn't exactly stretch the field and the Packers successfully executed a plan to limit Peterson.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

LOL...

Ponder @ Green Bay:
12/25 - 48% - 119 yards - 4.8 YPA - 1 TD - 2 INT - 41.9 Passer Rating

Webb @ Green Bay:
11/30 - 36.7% - 180 yards - 6.0 YPA - 1 TD - 1 INT - 54.9 Passer Rating

Why would you expect Ponder would have made the game significantly different? Ponder doesn't exactly stretch the field and the Packers successfully executed a plan to limit Peterson.
...because of what he did last week. I try to explain the difference in playing conditions, they disagree. If he had one big game against us, every game against us would be big. Kind of wished I lived in that type of world.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Also, anyone think Matthews rolled to the ground intentionally when Webb tripped over him?

My wife said the same thing!
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that game was pretty easy. basically exactly like i thought it would be...... but i thought we'd win by 31. so that was disappointing.

bring on the 9ers. that game should be cray
Bucks
Badgers
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Also, anyone think Matthews rolled to the ground intentionally when Webb tripped over him?

He turned the corner on the LT and the left tackle put a hand on Clay's back and pushed him to the ground.

Is that push in the back legal? I think it is cheap when the linemen get called for holding when defensive rushers fall down while trying to speed-worm around and the linemen end up tripping and falling on top of them(see half of Bulaga's holding calls).

The push in the back is the sissy move of lineman who's been beat. I can't believe that it's legal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: