Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PostGame: Packers (24) over Vikings (10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the concern over the stalling offense in the second half? As far as i could tell they started running out the clock in the early third q...only throwing the ball on third down

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not concerned. As a poster in NFL Gen said while watching this game.. "the boxscore was close, but watching the game felt like 54-0."

That sums up my feelings. When GB went up 24-3 I knew it was over. No way Webb was going to score 21+ and GB was going to score 0. Minnesota had no chance after the 2nd Kuhn TD. It was over.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once they got up by 21, they went into "let's just get this over with" mode. MM would never say it publicly but he knew Webb wasn't leading any miraculous comeback at that point.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
Once they got up by 21, they went into "let's just get this over with" mode. MM would never say it publicly but he knew Webb wasn't leading any miraculous comeback at that point.
I agree, seems like he just went vanilla the rest of the way. Good move, why show your full hand to SF?
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best jpg ever: http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Jennigns-ss.jpg
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Why the concern over the stalling offense in the second half? As far as i could tell they started running out the clock in the early third q...only throwing the ball on third down

I figured that was what MM and company were doing but it would have been nice to have made a few first downs in the second half...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- For what seems like the first time all year, we truly were only taking what the defense was giving us on that first drive. Harris was huge because he sat in the middle of the field ten yards out and it was WIDE OPEN. After that, I would assume MIN started playing up again, and that's when we started to hit the deeper stuff. Coupled with Harris busting off some nice runs, there wasn't much MIN could do.

- ^^ But we did a lot of that because of O-Line play. This line is really playing well together. Props to Newhouse!

- Finley threw some aggressive chip blocks! He's playing hungry and energized. I can excuse the end zone drop, that was a difficult play.

- I almost get the feeling that we held back last week. I know we got Woodson back, but they made some simple changes on the defensive approach and cut Peterson's yards in half.

- Speaking of Woodson, they utilized him TO PERFECTION. We all got on him for his coverage woes pre-injury, but he's so valuable at the LOS. Will be huge next week against Gore/Kaepernick.

- Walden is a strong SOB. Wow. Played great.

- MD Jennings is terrible. Webb made him look absolutely foolish in the beginning of the game. Hurts me to see him on the field.

- Raji!! Dude has been out of his mind for a few weeks. Glad to see it.

At the end of the day, this just confirmed one thing for me: the whole season was a long growing process, with pieces being put together as it went on. MM calls a brilliant game, Dom calls a pretty great game himself, and it's all coming together now. This team knows how to make a SB run. It's time.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, anyone think Matthews rolled to the ground intentionally when Webb tripped over him?
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
The amount of whining from my Vikings friends is downright ridiculous. I was told by a couple who said I shouldn't be happy with this win, as it would have been different if the Vikings played their "A" team. Their "A" team must have consisted of Christian Ponder, because he was the only difference in this game. You know, Ponder, the guy that most Vikings fans wanted benched for Spud Webb earlier this season....

I respect the Vikings, but my God, do I hate a portion
of their fans...

Let's leave fans out of it.

Most of the time we are successful at this.

And usually the Metrodome.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The positives:

+++ Woodson. Nice having him back. AP actually got tackled a few times
++ Raji stuffing the middle
++ Rodgers
+ Harris (though YPC wasn't impressive)
+ Finley
+ Walden
+ James Jones

It was good to get a little preview of CK7. Were going to have to play alot better in the second half obviously, but hopefully that was just McCarthy going "vanilla" (Cuz it was bad, real bad). 3rd downs are going to have to improve.

- Cobb, Jennings. Just seemed off.
- Playcalling
- 3rd downs
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
- Playcalling

What was wrong with it?
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:
- Playcalling

What was wrong with it?

I remember one third down we didn't convert because a running play was called in the first half and then the goal line situation. This is the playoffs and we have Aaron Rodgers. Throw that ball in those situations.

Aaron said it himself in the pregame, playoffs are where you make your legacy. I dont like seeing him clip his chinstrap to his helmet in disgust after we fail to convert a 3rd down or goal to go situation because were running the ball.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will convert all our 3rd and 1s next weekend, Market down.
SplashDive

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also at the game and in the first half and through the 3rd quarter the crowd was pretty loud. I stood for the whole game and didn't have a problem with it
However, I can understand why it makes people upset. If my mother was there she wouldn't have been able to see any of the game because she is short. It is your right to do with your seat as you want but you also have to remember that other people also pay good money for their seats as well.

That being said onto the game...
I thought the offense was very efficient when being able to move the ball and eat clock while running no huddle. The D played really well and Woodson was a big help for sure. I understand people being a little upset about some play calling but keep in mind that the game was over early and we went into a really conservative offense.

All in all bring on San Fran baby!!!!!!!

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Also, anyone think Matthews rolled to the ground intentionally when Webb tripped over him?
He was pushed in the back by Kalhil. As he went down he rolled over and Webb just kind of...fell. Odd play and the reaction by Matthews was priceless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: