Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PostGame: Packers (24) over Vikings (10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
The amount of whining from my Vikings friends is downright ridiculous. I was told by a couple who said I shouldn't be happy with this win, as it would have been different if the Vikings played their "A" team. Their "A" team must have consisted of Christian Ponder, because he was the only difference in this game. You know, Ponder, the guy that most Vikings fans wanted benched for Spud Webb earlier this season....

I respect the Vikings, but my God, do I hate a portion
of their fans...

Let's leave fans out of it.
Sorry, will do...

+Defense came to play
+Dujuan Harris
+Receivers didn't drop passes

-Some play calling
-Our crowd seemed quiet and there was a lot of Viking fans....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:

Good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed this...I was pretty shocked for stretches how the crowd was relatively dead.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed this...I was pretty shocked for stretches how the crowd was relatively dead.

Becoming a problem. Season ticket holders are too old to make a difference and the stadium lacks that excitement that Seattle sees. It's frustrating that so many tickets go out to the opposition. I was at the NY playoff loss a year ago and was amazed that so many NYG fans got tickets. Frustrating given how critical this team is to the community.
MUOH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Becoming a problem. Season ticket holders are too old to make a difference and the stadium lacks that excitement that Seattle sees. It's frustrating that so many tickets go out to the opposition. I was at the NY playoff loss a year ago and was amazed that so many NYG fans got tickets. Frustrating given how critical this team is to the community.

Truth is that a large number of ticket holders are in it for profit not for going to game. Home field as far as crowd noise and engagement is not a real advantage at this point. Will be interesting to see if the new seats develop into an intense fan section.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying for a few years now how quiet Lambeau has become, especially compared to other venues around the league. There is one poster on here in particular who laughed at me and said I was nuts.

Glad others are noticing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

were you guys even there? I never sat once the entire game . Crowd was loud...
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there, but it came across poorly on TV. Could be that we're an outdoor stadium, however it sounded quiet...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO PACK GO!!!

Sorry wasn't on for the game and not much time now, but one game down baby! Bring on SF!!

And no, they wouldn't have won with Ponder, but Webb was AWFUL throwing the ball. However, they should utilize him more often running.
carolinapacker1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newer poster to this forum, i just recently moved in here after a dissatisfaction i had with another one, but I had told certain people that a 1 man show team doesnt win playoff games, seems I was right on point about that. I was hopin the offense would break 30 tonight but oh well it is what it is. Run game was on well enough to keep rodgers upright tonight, and defense got a huge boost from the return of Woodson. I don't know how much like 2010 this will be, plus heading to San Fran against a rested 49er team will be tough, but Rodgers once again brings forth a packer victory in the post season
packrules7896

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
Newer poster to this forum, i just recently moved in here after a dissatisfaction i had with another one, but I had told certain people that a 1 man show team doesnt win playoff games, seems I was right on point about that. I was hopin the offense would break 30 tonight but oh well it is what it is. Run game was on well enough to keep rodgers upright tonight, and defense got a huge boost from the return of Woodson. I don't know how much like 2010 this will be, plus heading to San Fran against a rested 49er team will be tough, but Rodgers once again brings forth a packer victory in the post season

Welcome to the boards! I think you'll see we will be quite alright next week Wink

Jamison. on the sig! thanks man!

What does the fox say?
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad McCarthy realized the game was won early an went vanilla.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:

Welcome. Fellow North Carolinean tip of the day: Here at FF we believe in paragraphs, sentences, capitalization and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to digest your point and respond.

You are spot on in your assessment though.

Last edited by HokieHigh on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:

Welcome. Glad to see another Packers fan join the board. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
The amount of whining from my Vikings friends is downright ridiculous. I was told by a couple who said I shouldn't be happy with this win, as it would have been different if the Vikings played their "A" team. Their "A" team must have consisted of Christian Ponder, because he was the only difference in this game. You know, Ponder, the guy that most Vikings fans wanted benched for Spud Webb earlier this season....

I respect the Vikings, but my God, do I hate a portion
of their fans...

Let's leave fans out of it.

This place is like rehab, cant say anything here

^Props to Jamison.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane_Seasn wrote:
This place is like rehab, cant say anything here

Hardly. Webby wants clean football discussion, and talking about fanbases only leads to fights breaking out between fanbases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: