Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PostGame: Packers (24) over Vikings (10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ramonesfan


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 1728
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
The amount of whining from my Vikings friends is downright ridiculous. I was told by a couple who said I shouldn't be happy with this win, as it would have been different if the Vikings played their "A" team. Their "A" team must have consisted of Christian Ponder, because he was the only difference in this game. You know, Ponder, the guy that most Vikings fans wanted benched for Spud Webb earlier this season....

I respect the Vikings, but my God, do I hate a portion
of their fans...


Let's leave fans out of it.
Sorry, will do...

+Defense came to play
+Dujuan Harris
+Receivers didn't drop passes

-Some play calling
-Our crowd seemed quiet and there was a lot of Viking fans....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 3217
Location: #WI
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:

-Our crowd seemed quiet and there was a lot of Viking fans....


Good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed this...I was pretty shocked for stretches how the crowd was relatively dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 5042
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

-Our crowd seemed quiet and there was a lot of Viking fans....


Good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed this...I was pretty shocked for stretches how the crowd was relatively dead.


Becoming a problem. Season ticket holders are too old to make a difference and the stadium lacks that excitement that Seattle sees. It's frustrating that so many tickets go out to the opposition. I was at the NY playoff loss a year ago and was amazed that so many NYG fans got tickets. Frustrating given how critical this team is to the community.
_________________
Bolstrikes wrote:
Ben makes his receivers a lot better then Rodgers does. I think Rodgers gets way more to work with and don't feel he's better then Ben. Rodgers gets better surrounding talent and a better system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MUOH


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 4149
Location: Tallahassee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

-Our crowd seemed quiet and there was a lot of Viking fans....


Good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed this...I was pretty shocked for stretches how the crowd was relatively dead.


Becoming a problem. Season ticket holders are too old to make a difference and the stadium lacks that excitement that Seattle sees. It's frustrating that so many tickets go out to the opposition. I was at the NY playoff loss a year ago and was amazed that so many NYG fans got tickets. Frustrating given how critical this team is to the community.


Truth is that a large number of ticket holders are in it for profit not for going to game. Home field as far as crowd noise and engagement is not a real advantage at this point. Will be interesting to see if the new seats develop into an intense fan section.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Title Town USA


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 20067
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying for a few years now how quiet Lambeau has become, especially compared to other venues around the league. There is one poster on here in particular who laughed at me and said I was nuts.

Glad others are noticing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32285
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

-Our crowd seemed quiet and there was a lot of Viking fans....


Good to know I wasn't the only one who noticed this...I was pretty shocked for stretches how the crowd was relatively dead.
were you guys even there? I never sat once the entire game . Crowd was loud...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramonesfan


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 1728
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there, but it came across poorly on TV. Could be that we're an outdoor stadium, however it sounded quiet...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19986
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO PACK GO!!!

Sorry wasn't on for the game and not much time now, but one game down baby! Bring on SF!!

And no, they wouldn't have won with Ponder, but Webb was AWFUL throwing the ball. However, they should utilize him more often running.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
carolinapacker1


Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 343
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newer poster to this forum, i just recently moved in here after a dissatisfaction i had with another one, but I had told certain people that a 1 man show team doesnt win playoff games, seems I was right on point about that. I was hopin the offense would break 30 tonight but oh well it is what it is. Run game was on well enough to keep rodgers upright tonight, and defense got a huge boost from the return of Woodson. I don't know how much like 2010 this will be, plus heading to San Fran against a rested 49er team will be tough, but Rodgers once again brings forth a packer victory in the post season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packrules7896


Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 1264
Location: Rose Barracks Germany
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
Newer poster to this forum, i just recently moved in here after a dissatisfaction i had with another one, but I had told certain people that a 1 man show team doesnt win playoff games, seems I was right on point about that. I was hopin the offense would break 30 tonight but oh well it is what it is. Run game was on well enough to keep rodgers upright tonight, and defense got a huge boost from the return of Woodson. I don't know how much like 2010 this will be, plus heading to San Fran against a rested 49er team will be tough, but Rodgers once again brings forth a packer victory in the post season


Welcome to the boards! I think you'll see we will be quite alright next week Wink
_________________


Jamison. on the sig! thanks man!

What does the fox say?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerfaninmn


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 7169
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad McCarthy realized the game was won early an went vanilla.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HokieHigh


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 1889
Location: Blacksburg
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
Newer poster to this forum, i just recently moved in here after a dissatisfaction i had with another one, but I had told certain people that a 1 man show team doesnt win playoff games, seems I was right on point about that. I was hopin the offense would break 30 tonight but oh well it is what it is. Run game was on well enough to keep rodgers upright tonight, and defense got a huge boost from the return of Woodson. I don't know how much like 2010 this will be, plus heading to San Fran against a rested 49er team will be tough, but Rodgers once again brings forth a packer victory in the post season


Welcome. Fellow North Carolinean tip of the day: Here at FF we believe in paragraphs, sentences, capitalization and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to digest your point and respond.

You are spot on in your assessment though.


Last edited by HokieHigh on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 36252
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
Newer poster to this forum, i just recently moved in here after a dissatisfaction i had with another one, but I had told certain people that a 1 man show team doesnt win playoff games, seems I was right on point about that. I was hopin the offense would break 30 tonight but oh well it is what it is. Run game was on well enough to keep rodgers upright tonight, and defense got a huge boost from the return of Woodson. I don't know how much like 2010 this will be, plus heading to San Fran against a rested 49er team will be tough, but Rodgers once again brings forth a packer victory in the post season


Welcome. Glad to see another Packers fan join the board. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hurricane_Seasn


Joined: 11 Aug 2012
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
The amount of whining from my Vikings friends is downright ridiculous. I was told by a couple who said I shouldn't be happy with this win, as it would have been different if the Vikings played their "A" team. Their "A" team must have consisted of Christian Ponder, because he was the only difference in this game. You know, Ponder, the guy that most Vikings fans wanted benched for Spud Webb earlier this season....

I respect the Vikings, but my God, do I hate a portion
of their fans...


Let's leave fans out of it.


This place is like rehab, cant say anything here
_________________

^Props to Jamison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 36252
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane_Seasn wrote:
This place is like rehab, cant say anything here


Hardly. Webby wants clean football discussion, and talking about fanbases only leads to fights breaking out between fanbases.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group