Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Redemption: Green Bay @ San Francisco
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay does a lot of stunting with the DE at the LOS, too, and that could totally throw off a team trying to run the read-option. So it's not all bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
Clay does a lot of stunting with the DE at the LOS, too, and that could totally throw off a team trying to run the read-option. So it's not all bad.

I agree but I'm more worried about whoever is playing opposite Clay. Hopefully Walden will play contain more instead of following the RB flat down the LOS and leaving the outside wide open.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
This is great stuff, thanks a lot. Thats the reason I don't like Clay at the LOS against a team that runs read. It's a great way to make him an irrelevant player. Read Clay and do the opposite of what he does. That's why I think I'd get creative with him this week, stack him over the DL and mix it up. Keep him active in the pre-snap.
IIRC Neal got more snaps later in the game and was the DE that stunted with Clay.

RG25 wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

I agree but I'm more worried about whoever is playing opposite Clay. Hopefully Walden will play contain more instead of following the RB flat down the LOS and leaving the outside wide open.
^^^ this. Clay was option the first play when Webb pulled it and got 17. Ran to the right though. Our guys still need to keep outside containment or we are going to see reverses and pivots that end up with the ball carrier in our secondary, quick. Got to stop the run
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Justo, you're part of the reason why this forum is as great as it is. Thank you for all of those different perspectives. Enjoy your time as a senior in high school because free-time will be nonexistent for you by this time next year Wink

My personal keys for winning this game:

1. Stop the run: It starts and ends here. Our team is built to stop the pass and we've been able to do so, for the most part, with three electric players at corner and a sage veteran at safety. However, if we maintain our discipline and gap control as we did in the Wild Card game, we will force longer third downs that will force Kaepernick to sit in the pocket. He has a great arm, but I'll take my chances with this Packer secondary the majority of the time.

2. Get off the field on third down: The biggest issue for us in week one was our inability to get off the field. San Francisco did an incredible job of running a controlled, disciplined and methodical offense that set up short third downs. Those short third downs were a killer because of the heavy packages they are confident in trotting out from time to time. If we have to play catch up football, Aldon Smith can tee off on Rodgers and we'll be in trouble early.

3. Eat the clock and sustain drives: I obviously don't mind hitting the home run ball to Jones or Nelson, but the key offensively will be our short to intermediate passing game. If we can exploit the edges like we did in week 17 by working the sidelines, we'll be fine offensively. We cannot afford to run five-wide or four-wides all game long. Our short passing game is working and it'll be our best option as opposed to the longer dropbacks that put our offensive line in a precarious position.

4. Win the turnover battle. Simple.

Justo is in high school??? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect, but my goodness does get it annoying always hearing about this team has no chance because A-Rod has this chip on his shoulder. I'm not doubting for a minute he won't use that as motivation and he may even have a great game, but should the Niners just forfeit Laughing . Many people in week 1 in the general forum were saying Rodgers is going to be super motivated playing the team that passed him up and will have a monster game. Everyone is motivated at this point a lot is at stake. Again, sorry if some take this as disrespect, BUT................................

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
No disrespect, but my goodness does get it annoying always hearing about this team has no chance because A-Rod has this chip on his shoulder. I'm not doubting for a minute he won't use that as motivation and he may even have a great game, but should the Niners just forfeit Laughing . Many people in week 1 in the general forum were saying Rodgers is going to be super motivated playing the team that passed him up and will have a monster game. Everyone is motivated at this point a lot is at stake. Again, sorry if some take this as disrespect, BUT................................

Not to sound disrespectful, but I don't really care.

#sorryimnotsorrybro Laughing
justo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I don't think anyone takes disrespect in that. It's not even so much a chip. Just seems like Rodgers has a constant drive to be the best QB. If you watch him when he throws an incompletion, he flips half the time. Against Indy he blew up on Jones (who he begged Thompson for reportedly) for letting a CB get in front of him for the pick. I think it's blown up. Rodgers doesn't really have a chip IMO because of this. Stuff has happened in the past and just has the constant drive now. I think that's why he's as good as he is today

Pugger wrote:
Community college, basically. Laughing Can't wait to leave..
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I don't think anyone takes disrespect in that. It's not even so much a chip. Just seems like Rodgers has a constant drive to be the best QB. If you watch him when he throws an incompletion, he flips half the time. Against Indy he blew up on Jones (who he begged Thompson for reportedly) for letting a CB get in front of him for the pick. I think it's blown up. Rodgers doesn't really have a chip IMO because of this. Stuff has happened in the past and just has the constant drive now. I think that's why he's as good as he is today

Pugger wrote:
Community college, basically. Laughing Can't wait to leave..

Come to Northwestern. I could use another Packer-fan friend!
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

I agree, Rodgers has the drive to be the best similar to Manning/Brady. He wants to be a perfection and ultimately the greatest of all time. I have a lot of respect for A-Rod as he is one of my favorites, but the Niners will have plenty of guys trying to prove something as well. Very nervous for this game as the Packers defense is well improved.

What's the latest on Jordy Nelson?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Come to Northwestern. I could use another Packer-fan friend!
I'd be down. My closest childhood friend's dad went there after OSU. Said it was nice. Northwestern does have a lot of guys in the sports media business..
Probably couldn't get in, much less have my CC credits transfer. Laughing
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:

LOL.....................................

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
justo wrote:

I agree, Rodgers has the drive to be the best similar to Manning/Brady. He wants to be a perfection and ultimately the greatest of all time. I have a lot of respect for A-Rod as he is one of my favorites, but the Niners will have plenty of guys trying to prove something as well. Very nervous for this game as the Packers defense is well improved.

What's the latest on Jordy Nelson?
Still not at practice I don't think. Hurts us. Honestly, the past two years or so Nelson has been our #1 WR. He says he will still play Saturday though.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:

LOL.....................................

did we just become best friends?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Still not at practice I don't think. Hurts us. Honestly, the past two years or so Nelson has been our #1 WR. He says he will still play Saturday though.

Seriously, you guys have four lethal WRs and a TE did that did well against us last time, but Nelson is a match up problem. Culliver did good on him last game but as of late his play has slipped some. Nelson will see a lot of Cully again and I'm hoping Rodgers tunes Jennings out for the comments his sister made Laughing .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
did we just become best friends?

Only if you agree Rice didn't fumble in the 99 playoff game Laughing .

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 14 of 71

Jump to: