Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermaine Gresham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
I like gresham and I like charles. Reed or eifert would help out the offense greatly. The bengals struggle on 3rd down and in the redzone, were eifert is an expert. Eifert would give dalton a huge target on third down. He would take some coverage away from everyone else on the field, which would help them out as well. If you look at the stats from last year, offense is the area where the bengals need to improve (this is if the bengals resign everyone like they said they will). 3rd down is the main reason the offense struggled when it did. when the offense did well, they converted on a lot of 3rd downs. adding eifert would help that 3rd down eficiency. And bell has breakaway speed, if you look at the tape, his recievers couldnt block, which evey run farther than 15 yards is mainly due to the recievers getting on their blocks.

Eifert would provide that big target, but to get him on the field, you have to take Gresham off of the field. That's what I call a wash, hence I am against the move. As for Bell, his "breakaway speed" is against Big 10 competition, not faster players in other conferences. Plus, I stand by my original statement about how much he was used in college and how much he has left. Guys that were featured backs in college historically don't last long in the NFL. Guys that shared the load in college or were featured only one or two years lst much longer.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would gresham have tomcome off the field? o what you're saying is that anyone from the big 10 should be questioned?? Bell wouldn't be the feature back at cincinnat, he would share carries with BJGE which would help him last longer.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a Leveon Bell type back in BJGE. I don't think Bell has break away speed.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
We already have a Leveon Bell type back in BJGE. I don't think Bell has break away speed.

Agreed, Bell is more quick than fast. He has really good feet for a big guy, and he's got soft hands as a receiver but he doesn't add a new dimension to our running game.

Andre Ellington, Dennis Johnson and Ray Graham are three guys who I think fit perfectly into what we need out of a running back. Guys who are great on third downs, can catch the football out of the backfield and showcase some shiftiness in the open field. Ellington is a perfect fit because he has that top gear that Johnson and Graham don't - that home run threat ability. I'd love Ellington in round two.

A late round guy I really like is Robbie Rouse out of Fresno State. Pint sized but an elite receiver with great burst and explosion. He can line up everywhere too which is an underrated skill.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bengals always struggle when there is a "speed" back in. Brian leonard and peerman struggled, a few good runs here and there, but once BJGE comes out, you know its a pass. With bell he can run and catch well so you wouldnt know whats coming. With bell he is the physical runner that the bengals are known for. maybe he wont get the 80 yard TD run but id rather kill 6 min off the clock than a couple seconds on a td run.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
the bengals always struggle when there is a "speed" back in. Brian leonard and peerman struggled, a few good runs here and there, but once BJGE comes out, you know its a pass. With bell he can run and catch well so you wouldnt know whats coming. With bell he is the physical runner that the bengals are known for. maybe he wont get the 80 yard TD run but id rather kill 6 min off the clock than a couple seconds on a td run.

I have never used the words Brian Leonard or Cedric Peerman in the same sentence with speed back, unless it was "we need a speed back more than those guys". I like Peerman as a backup and on special teams. I would have cut Leonard two or three years ago. And I prefer a game changer at this point to pair with BJGE.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

I have never used the words Brian Leonard or Cedric Peerman in the same sentence with speed back, unless it was "we need a speed back more than those guys". I like Peerman as a backup and on special teams. I would have cut Leonard two or three years ago. And I prefer a game changer at this point to pair with BJGE.

Peerman is "fast" but not really a speed back. He doesnt have breakaway speed. He is like a poor man's Ray Rice or Doug Martin. Brian Leonard is not fast at all. He is basically just a sure handed player that just has a good motor and tries hard.

Scott was the closest speed back we have had, just never stayed healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Agreed, Bell is more quick than fast. He has really good feet for a big guy, and he's got soft hands as a receiver but he doesn't add a new dimension to our running game.

Laveon Bell is also the type of guy that the Steelers would draft, and run all over us for a decade ........
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks on a TE. The as,e thing was said about Gresham coming out. We do not use TEs properly. It would be a wasted pick. We have much bigger needs at LB, S, RB and possibly a WR.

Bell is ok, but give me Taylor over him. As for a speed back, give me Jamison, Bernard, or Ellington.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bengals have started to utilize TE well. its just that gresham has dropped a lot of balls lately. Eifert would easily make the offense a lot better. Scott did not preform well, even when he was healthy. With all three of them leaving, draft bell and someone else that has brake away speed. done. If they do that, then the bengals should have no excuse to not preform well unless there is injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: