Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tired of my Boy Jared Veldheer being thrown under the bus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
La_Vader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only we can lure the Rams to trade
the 16th pick 1,000
Future First 2014 800
2nd 420
4th 64
6th 19.4

our First 3rd overall
allow them to draft a Stud OT

If we could trade McClain for a 7th
Trade Palmer for a 4th, 6th in 2014
1 (Rams)
2 (Rams)
4 (Rams)
6 (Rams)
6 (Bush)
7 (Murphy)
7 (McClain)
7 (Sateele)

Plus in 2014
6 (Palmer)
With Comp picks for Lechler, Shaunessy, Myers likely

alot of picks in the next two years to build this team
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
At RT in the power scheme Fluker will be fine as a rookie. Just like all the rest. Of course he will have to improve every aspect of his game like all the rest too. That includes his overall body health and type and footwork. Eric Fisher played some RT so he has history there. And he will not be a top 15 guy. I look for him to be drafted somewhere in the early 20's. And that is right in our wheelhouse for a trade down.

Fluker struggled in pass protection at the collegiate level but I do think if he loses some weight he'll be able to fix that area of his game moving forward.

Eric Fisher's draft stock is on the rise and will only rise more after the combine. And I wouldn't be surprised to see San Diego select him especially if Lewan is already off the board. The general consensus about Fisher is that he is the third best tackle prospect in this years class. If we're going to move back for an offensive tackle in the first round we shouldn't move out of the top twenty. After Joeckel, Lewan, and Fisher there aren't really any offensive tackles worth a first round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
All the people saying Reggie should draft Joekel would be the first calling for his head if he ended up like Robert "cant miss" Gallery. We've got a very good left tackle as it stands, drafting an unknown at that positions seems like a really terrible idea.

Al Davis didn't draft "can't miss" prospects. Otherwise our team would look a lot different than it is today.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:
All the people saying Reggie should draft Joekel would be the first calling for his head if he ended up like Robert "cant miss" Gallery. We've got a very good left tackle as it stands, drafting an unknown at that positions seems like a really terrible idea.

Al Davis didn't draft "can't miss" prospects. Otherwise our team would look a lot different than it is today.

He did. It's just the term "cant miss" is a lie. Every prospect can miss.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Robert Gallery was the most hyped, "can't miss" OT prospect of the decade.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:

He was considered an elite prospect at the time but I don't think he was the most hyped tackle prospect of the decade. Jake Long and Joe Thomas both received just as much, if not more, praise from scouts and NFL teams as Gallery.

The only reason why Gallery failed as a left tackle in the NFL was due to his extremely short arms for an NFL offensive tackle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
At RT in the power scheme Fluker will be fine as a rookie. Just like all the rest. Of course he will have to improve every aspect of his game like all the rest too. That includes his overall body health and type and footwork. Eric Fisher played some RT so he has history there. And he will not be a top 15 guy. I look for him to be drafted somewhere in the early 20's. And that is right in our wheelhouse for a trade down.

Fluker struggled in pass protection at the collegiate level but I do think if he loses some weight he'll be able to fix that area of his game moving forward.

Eric Fisher's draft stock is on the rise and will only rise more after the combine. And I wouldn't be surprised to see San Diego select him especially if Lewan is already off the board. The general consensus about Fisher is that he is the third best tackle prospect in this years class. If we're going to move back for an offensive tackle in the first round we shouldn't move out of the top twenty. After Joeckel, Lewan, and Fisher there aren't really any offensive tackles worth a first round pick.

Like most, I would be targeting the Rams in the mid teens for both of their picks. If we could do that I think its possible.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Darkness wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:

He was considered an elite prospect at the time but I don't think he was the most hyped tackle prospect of the decade. Jake Long and Joe Thomas both received just as much, if not more, praise from scouts and NFL teams as Gallery.

The only reason why Gallery failed as a left tackle in the NFL was due to his extremely short arms for an NFL offensive tackle.

Short arms, long torso and short legs. Looked, sounded and played like an OG to me. If he was drafted in the middle of the 1st round as an OG, we would not be getting killed every draft season for the pick.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:

McFadden, Huff and McClain were all supposed to be the real deal too.

Well, DMC can do it in a PBS. But he gets hurt too much. The chicken legs qualm from Mayock from way back when has some truth to it. They don't go dead on contact, but they don't stay healthy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Well, DMC can do it in a PBS. But he gets hurt too much. The chicken legs qualm from Mayock from way back when has some truth to it. They don't go dead on contact, but they don't stay healthy

I beg to differ a lot on McClain and DMC. I have an old hack w/ McFadden having the legs of a baby cow and I said it was why he wouldn't succeed. Granted, I'm no professional or special by any means but the fact that he had those and struggled against poor competition in college didn't make him seem safe to me one bit. McClain was too slow for anyone to think that... I would hope.

But yeah, Huff, although I hated the pick at the time, was supposed to be a good, solid, safe pick. Oops.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Raidin wrote:

I beg to differ a lot on McClain and DMC. I have an old hack w/ McFadden having the legs of a baby cow and I said it was why he wouldn't succeed. Granted, I'm no professional or special by any means but the fact that he had those and struggled against poor competition in college didn't make him seem safe to me one bit. McClain was too slow for anyone to think that... I would hope.

But yeah, Huff, although I hated the pick at the time, was supposed to be a good, solid, safe pick. Oops.

I think it's more about the general opinion on those guys. They were all the respective top ranked players at their position in their draft class, they were regarded as pro bowl material at the next level and they were drafted right in the range they were projected to go. None came close to the expectations.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I think it's more about the general opinion on those guys. They were all the respective top ranked players at their position in their draft class, they were regarded as pro bowl material at the next level and they were drafted right in the range they were projected to go. None came close to the expectations.

I can dig that. I guess the term "sure bet" has different meanings as it should. I think of that as Andrew Luck, Joe Thomas, AD, people who are so technically sound and athletically gifted that the possibility of them failing is so low it's almost unimaginable. I never thought that about Gallery but I did think we were safe and he would still be our LT today...... smh......

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I can dig that. I guess the term "sure bet" has different meanings as it should. I think of that as Andrew Luck, Joe Thomas, AD, people who are so technically sound and athletically gifted that the possibility of them failing is so low it's almost unimaginable. I never thought that about Gallery but I did think we were safe and he would still be our LT today...... smh......

Well, i wasn't following the draft as much back then but i remember Gallery being hyped as the next great LT and hearing how he hadn't allowed a sack in his last 2 years in college.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Tired of my Boy Jared Veldheer being thrown under the bu Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
...one of the better Left tackles in the league....

hmmm, I hope your right Wink

....I wish him all the best and foresee a big improvment from him next year (the whole OL regressed last year)
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Well, i wasn't following the draft as much back then but i remember Gallery being hyped as the next great LT and hearing how he hadn't allowed a sack in his last 2 years in college.

I hated him. Hated him, hated him, hated him. Not even for football reasons either. I was just young and wanted more flash with the pick. I wanted Fitzgerald or Big Ben so bad that draft. Can't say I could imagine them being worse picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: