Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tired of my Boy Jared Veldheer being thrown under the bus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Veldheer would be an excellent RT and if we drafted Joeckel we would have a top tackle tandem in the league, making our line a strength. An elite offense line would directly effect our two best players (Palmer and McFadden). we would be much better off in the short term, improving playing conditions for those two players, one defensive prospect isn't going to make the impact that a premier LT could.

Veldheer would be one of the best right tackles in the league. If we slid him over and he played really well I'm sure McKenzie would reward him as one of the highest paid right tackles in the NFL.

This makes no sense to me. He was one of the best LT's this year in only his 3rd season. How much better does he have to play? I honestly think people just don't pay attention to him, so they take off with the other misguided opinions others are saying.

I am just as confused as you, man. I really don't see why people are concentrating on LT, when it isn't even a need in the slightest. I just don't get it. Since when was LT a topic of discussion in terms of drafting a player the whole season? Not one week did we complain about Veldheer, now all of a sudden people read reports about a certain player and think he's the saviour of our franchise. Rolling Eyes
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Veldheer allowed minimal pressure, committed only a few penalties, and continued to be a good run blocker, even in a new scheme. I don't know what else people want from him. And he's gotten better every season.
I agree. I don't understand what else people want from Veldheer. He was a 3rd round pick that is playing at a premium position and has been our best offensive lineman since the day he stepped on the field.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Veldheer allowed minimal pressure, committed only a few penalties, and continued to be a good run blocker, even in a new scheme. I don't know what else people want from him. And he's gotten better every season.
I agree. I don't understand what else people want from Veldheer. He was a 3rd round pick that is playing at a premium position and has been our best offensive lineman since the day he stepped on the field.

Where've you guys been? I've been getting bombarded by nonsense for the last hour.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Where've you guys been? I've been getting bombarded by nonsense for the last hour.
I hear you man. All our offensive players were down this year. We had a top 10 offense only 2 years ago with the same players we have now. Now that knapp is gone I see us getting back To that level. Veldheer is in his 3 rd year and will only get better. Al hit a home run when he drafted this guy in the 3rd round.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is Velheer is fine at LT.We can keep him there and not have to worry about it for a while, I'd be perfectly fine with that. However if the staff feels like Joeckel is the best player on the board and a franchise LT and they want to slide Veldheer over to RT then that's great, it would be basically upgrading two positions at once.

I'm cool either way personally.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Who DAT, who DAT who DAT who...Who DAT who DAT we're coming IR for your crew... Laughing We just don't understand that you all don't understand... Razz
Protecting the QB is a NEED! a productive run game IS A NEED!!! Orlando Pace is the final piece that put the Rams as the greatest show on turf (dome) as that gave the QB time to throw and Faulk benefited from a productive QB. Garbage time or not, Palmer was our most productive player. If we're keeping Pryor then I could see not fixing the line as he's not a pocket passer and is more of a threat to run. However I'm in the Palmer to return camp and McFadden too and I want some protection and JV has better RT skills than Jon Runyon but without the attitude. NT's usually fall to 3-4th round except for special and overhyped. Star sounds like the special type and if both are there I'm probably taking Star. but there are FA's that can fit the NT/DE pass rusher need. Vets are known qualities and I'd even take a premier LT in FA if it was possible. Clady, Albert, Long if we get Vollmer then I'm wanting a CB. The pass rushers in the draft all seem undersized.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
The way I see it is Velheer is fine at LT.We can keep him there and not have to worry about it for a while, I'd be perfectly fine with that. However if the staff feels like Joeckel is the best player on the board and a franchise LT and they want to slide Veldheer over to RT then that's great, it would be basically upgrading two positions at once.

i always wonder why people think he can just slide to rt and be just as effective?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

i always wonder why people think he can just slide to rt and be just as effective?

Because he's a very good run blocker and has good strength, and the one area he can struggle is against athletic sped rushers, he would see a lot less of those types of players playing against LEs.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Veldheer would be an excellent RT and if we drafted Joeckel we would have a top tackle tandem in the league, making our line a strength. An elite offense line would directly effect our two best players (Palmer and McFadden). we would be much better off in the short term, improving playing conditions for those two players, one defensive prospect isn't going to make the impact that a premier LT could.

Veldheer would be one of the best right tackles in the league. If we slid him over and he played really well I'm sure McKenzie would reward him as one of the highest paid right tackles in the NFL.

This makes no sense to me. He was one of the best LT's this year in only his 3rd season. How much better does he have to play? I think people just don't pay attention to him, so they take off with the wrong opinions others are saying.

I want to address the defensive line with our first pick and find a right tackle later on in the draft. Which is most likely what we'll do but I wouldn't mind taking an elite franchise left tackle and sliding Veldheer over.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Because he's a very good run blocker and has good strength, and the one area he can struggle is against athletic sped rushers, he would see a lot less of those types of players playing against LEs.

Giving up a few pressures isn't the same as struggling either. All LT's are going to be more susceptible to getting beat against the leagues best pass rushers. Those are the only players that have a chance to begin with against Veldheer. He did a hell of a job making opposing teams rushers non factors.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Giving up a few pressures isn't the same as struggling either. All LT's are going to be more susceptible to getting beat against the leagues best pass rushers. Those are the only players that have a chance to begin with against Veldheer. He did a hell of a job making opposing teams rushers non factors.

If he is so good why would it be so bad to have two of him?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Did you see where I said that was a luxury we can't afford?
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Yes, but that makes no sense, why couldn't we afford the luxury of having the best young tackles in the nfl?

One defensive prospect isn't going to fix the defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

Yes, but that makes no sense, why couldn't we afford the luxury of having the best young tackles in the nfl?

What do you suggest we do? Continue ignoring the D because one player won't fix the entire D? haha Come on. Upgrading at RT doesn't compare to adding a beast on D.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

What do you suggest we do? Continue ignoring the D because one player won't fix the entire D? haha Come on. Upgrading at RT doesn't compare to adding a best on D.

No I suggest we draft the best player available because that player will make the biggest impact.

No need to ignore the defense, we can use our other picks on defensive prospects and FA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: