Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tired of my Boy Jared Veldheer being thrown under the bus
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
La_Vader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Tired of my Boy Jared Veldheer being thrown under the bus Reply with quote

He is young and one of the better Left tackles in the league. He's another player who also has to learn a new scheme every year, which bad organizations indirect cause players to fail. He played center for us, best scheme is power blocking where he shined, and held his own in the zone scheme. We had a washed up Cooper Carisle next to him this past season, and we have a QB with no mobility, who is pass happy, and always has the ball in his hands in Palmer. All this talk of drafting a LT is nonsense, and if we do and move Jared to RT its another questionable move by Reggie. Jared is smart and young, and a leader he should be our LT for the next 10 years.

Our defense was lousy, we need a stud DLINEMAN or an edge rusher. Wiz and Valdheer are buliding blocks on this team, we two mauling guards and a RT. We should look for a LT in this years draft, that should be out of the questions
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starting multiple threads in your first day is a no no imo homie

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
starting multiple Bad threads in your first day is a no no imo homie
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veldheer would be an excellent RT and if we drafted Joeckel we would have a top tackle tandem in the league, making our line a strength. An elite offense line would directly effect our two best players (Palmer and McFadden). we would be much better off in the short term, improving playing conditions for those two players, one defensive prospect isn't going to make the impact that a premier LT could.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i came on here to talk Raider football with other Raider fans. Stimulate discussion on a discussion board!
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly you went to silver_surfing school.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
La_Vader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i came on here to talk Raider football with other Raider fans. Stimulate discussion on a discussion board!
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Clearly you went to silver_surfing school.

S_SS 4 LIFE!
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Veldheer had a great season. He gets underrated on here because of how poor the offense played.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Veldheer is a damn good LT. Joeckel is good, but we don't need him. We have way bigger needs on defense. He didn't have the greatest year but really who did look good on offense this year under knapp? We take the best defensive player available which should be Jones,Moore or Star, and if Joeckel is available maybe a team will need a LT and we trade the pick.
G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing My silver 'Rod' is surfing $$$ Laughing

People are not saying JV is bad. He's a good LT and we have a chance to Draft a guy who's even better. Joeckel could be GREAT and if we can sign JV to a long-term deal, then he's getting paid and won't care where he plays because it's all about getting your best players on the field. If JV won't sign then we need to Draft his replacement so...There I made my point and it covers all bases so we're done here. Twisted Evil If Joeckel was top 3-5 LT and JV the best RT then Palmer and McFadden will produce. Then when they're gone we will have a line to attract quality FA's

PS We also want everyone else to think we want Joeckel but we want to trade down. However if no trade down, then Star or Joeckel hopefully will be there.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veldheer allowed minimal pressure, committed only a few penalties, and continued to be a good run blocker, even in a new scheme. I don't know what else people want from him. And he's gotten better every season.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Veldheer would be an excellent RT and if we drafted Joeckel we would have a top tackle tandem in the league, making our line a strength. An elite offense line would directly effect our two best players (Palmer and McFadden). we would be much better off in the short term, improving playing conditions for those two players, one defensive prospect isn't going to make the impact that a premier LT could.

Veldheer would be one of the best right tackles in the league. If we slid him over and he played really well I'm sure McKenzie would reward him as one of the highest paid right tackles in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:

Veldheer would be one of the best right tackles in the league. If we slid him over and he played really well I'm sure McKenzie would reward him as one of the highest paid right tackles in the NFL.

This makes no sense to me. He was one of the best LT's this year in only his 3rd season. How much better does he have to play? I think people just don't pay attention to him, so they take off with the wrong opinions others are saying.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love JV, I say lets go for Star. JV is still getting better and an up and coming LT

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: