Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Raiders play a 3-4 scheme in 2013?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
La_Vader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Will the Raiders play a 3-4 scheme in 2013? Reply with quote

Allens broncos ran this scheme. Tarver ran this scheme for the 49ers. Reggies packers ran this scheme. I understand we didn't have the personnel in the past but will we lean towards this system?
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope we do. This draft will be the one we get the personnel for it.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Raiders play a 3-4 scheme in 2013? Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
Allens broncos ran this scheme. Tarver ran this scheme for the 49ers. Reggies packers ran this scheme. I understand we didn't have the personnel in the past but will we lean towards this system?

Allen ran a 4-3 in Denver and has been apart of that scheme on every team he's been with I believe.

And Reggie was with the Packers for a long time and the majority of that time they ran a four man front. It wasn't until somewhat recently that they switched.

I think we will continue to be a 4-3 team but will increase the percentage of different fronts from this year, but a lot of that will depend on who were able to bring in through free agency and the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Raiders play a 3-4 scheme in 2013? Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
La_Vader wrote:

Allen ran a 4-3 in Denver and has been apart of that scheme on every team he's been with I believe.

And Reggie was with the Packers for a long time and the majority of that time they ran a four man front. It wasn't until somewhat recently that they switched.

I think we will continue to be a 4-3 team but will increase the percentage of different fronts from this year, but a lot of that will depend on who were able to bring in through free agency and the draft.

Yea, Allen was with ATL, NO, and DEN, all of which ran a 4-3 while he was there. Reggie started with GB in 1994 and they didn't switch to a 3-4 until Dom Capers came in 2009. I'm with you, I see a 4-3 team that will get creative and mix in some different looks.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
G

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should make a DHB post DaVader... Laughing
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or another $$-like post. Rolling Eyes

Raider X hooked me with the sig
La_Vader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
You should make a DHB post DaVader... Laughing

La_Vader

(spanish La and not DA)
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting Tarver and Allen to use a base 4-3 defense but a versatile one and throw a lot of different looks out there when we have some talent. We desperately need to find a young nose tackle and pass rushers before we'll be able to successfully do that though. It'll be interesting to see who we draft this year and what free agents we pursue.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll mix in both 3-4 and 4-3 looks. I think our 1st pick is really going to solidify our base though.

I'm kinda expecting the Chiefs and Jags to go Smith/Star. With our pick, assuming we stay put, would likely be a DE.

If we go Werner I fully expect we are staying base 4-3, Moore base 3-4.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101Raider wrote:
we'll mix in both 3-4 and 4-3 looks. I think our 1st pick is really going to solidify our base though.

I'm kinda expecting the Chiefs and Jags to go Smith/Star. With our pick, assuming we stay put, would likely be a DE.

I'm expecting us to stay in a base 4-3 either way with some 3-4 looks implemented to throw off opposing quarterbacks. In today's NFL you have to be able to use multiple looks successfully to have a great defense. Having versatile players that can be effective in multiple schemes is so beneficial for your defense.

That's why I wouldn't mind moving back into the mid-teens and drafting a guy like Dion Jordan. He has the ability to play as a 3-4 OLB or as a 4-3 RE and is just beginning to tap into his potential as a pass rusher. I think Allen and Tarver could really utilize a player like Jordan in our defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
101Raider wrote:

I'm expecting us to stay in a base 4-3 either way with some 3-4 looks implemented to throw off opposing quarterbacks. In today's NFL you have to be able to use multiple looks successfully to have a great defense. Having versatile players that can be effective in multiple schemes is so beneficial for your defense.

That's why I wouldn't mind moving back into the mid-teens and drafting a guy like Dion Jordan. He has the ability to play as a 3-4 OLB or as a 4-3 RE and is just beginning to tap into his potential as a pass rusher. I think Allen and Tarver could really utilize a player like Jordan in our defense.

Trading back for Jordan would be ideal in my mind as well. Use the extra 2nd on one of the many talented DT (thinking Williams or Short), a CB like Poyer/Amerson or a stud ILB (Minter/Skov). With so many needs on defense, it's rather ironic my favorite player is not a pressing need in Matt Elam. The extra picks would do so much more for our team than a top 5 pick.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes so much sense for us to move back considering that we don't have a second or a fifth round pick and we have a ton of holes that we need to address. Plus it's not like there is going to be a truly can't miss type of defensive player available on the clock anyway. I'd much rather move back and acquire more picks so we can address multiple needs rather than staying put and hoping our first pick is a superstar.

I'd be really happy with a draft of Dion Jordan and Williams/Poyer/Minter/Short in the first two rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like Jordan. Why do people like this guy so much? He was not a playmaker for the Ducks
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
I really don't like Jordan. Why do people like this guy so much? He was not a playmaker for the Ducks

Oregon rarely used him as a pass rusher but when they did he showed potential. He still needs to refine his game but he has the length, quickness, and overall athleticism to be a good pass rusher in the NFL. He'll need to add some weight but his frame looks like it could easily pack on another 15 pounds with costing him any of his speed or quickness, it'll be interesting to see how much he weighs at the combine. The versatility his brings to the table is what makes him such an intriguing prospect. I can't remember a prospect with his size that could drop back into coverage and blanket running backs and tight ends.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 yr former tight end Jordan.. hmm I just don't see the potential

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: